PDA

View Full Version : warp feed RPM and Torque rating

Drizit
03-10-2004, 11:30 AM
I'm looking to setup a warp just on a switch without the board as I want to run a much higher feed rate. I was thinking perhaps an RC car motor and battery, however I will need to push a stack about 3 to 4 feet long, the warp will be assisted by a halo drive section again with the same idea of no circuit board just an on/off switch that way I can pump more juice to the motor without things burning out. However I need to know what the current spec is for the warp feed drive system as far as RPM of the motor, and urethane wheels, as well as the torque rating of the motor. Lastly does any one know how much power the warp motor will take without frying? I was thinking I’d run 24V to 36V but I don't know if it will take it. I know the board won't but that's why I plan to bypass it. Also if any one happens to have the same info for the halo it would be great to have as well.

thanks.

ah137
03-10-2004, 11:33 AM
The warp board can take 12 volts and the halo takes 9volts.

I think the warp motor is a common radio shack part so you can look there for further info.

PS the limiting factor to the amount of paintballs the warp can push is going to be the size and pressure of the disks (friction). Buy increasing the rpms or torque its not necessary going to help you. Your going to need to do some testing to figure this stuff out.

Hills

Drizit
03-10-2004, 11:48 AM
I knew about the boards it's the motors I’m not sure what the tolerances are.

The motor is a radioscrap part?? Hmmm, don't suppose any one knows what that part number is do they?

I know I will need to increase the pressure on the disks to keep that stack going but it may also require more torque to keep the disks spinning with that much weight. By increasing the RPM I also increase the rate of feed, I’m looking for about 25 to 30 PBS (I have my reasons, and all will be reveled when I finish this project.) However if I know what it runs at now then I can do the math to figure out what I need.

Thanks

yaddatrance
03-10-2004, 12:15 PM
The problem is not the warp per se, you can actually
make the warp quite torquey by adjusting the feed
width, the problem is that if the tube is too long,
then the weight of the paintballs themselves could cause
them to burst. 3 feet should be no problem whatsoever
on a stock warp though... Try it first before you
change out the motor. That would be a neat test though,
to see how high the warp could drive a stack of paintballs
vertically.

Drizit
03-11-2004, 01:00 PM
it would be, i won't be driving them compleatly verticaly though it's going to be mostly horizontel with only about 6 inches of rise. however i also want 25+ bps it's for an RT tippmann98 after all.