PDA

View Full Version : Texball DVD

Scooter/Cootie
03-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Just wondering if there is an ETA when it'll be ready.

P.S.
Team Sandbaggers rocks! :p

GT
03-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Scooter/Cootie
Team Sandbaggers rocks! :p

uhhhh no:rolleyes: ,
Team 3, AKA: Team no show on sunday, :D

Fuji
03-10-2004, 04:00 PM
When I talked to Adam @ Texball he said about 4 weeks. He also mentioned that he wasn't even going to look at it for a week. (Skyball, etc...)

Creative Mayhem
03-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi

Pssst... Team Fashionably Late :D

We woulda kicked your arses all over the place, it would have been fugly. ;)

CodeMA
03-10-2004, 04:32 PM
psshhhhh

We all know Out for Fame woulda taken it if Sandbaggers did get a little help from those of team 3... and Sandbaggers got a little worn and welted from team 3 before hand.... :D

Last I heard he was waiting on bands to ok stuff before doing the editing and such

adam shannon
03-10-2004, 05:32 PM
were trying to line up the music right now...delays there. im starting the editing, but until the music is lined up and clare has time to go the sleeve label and disk graphic were on hold. should be out in a week or so assuming there are no more probs.

Cryer
03-10-2004, 05:39 PM
w00t!

Cant wait to see the us dominate from 3rd person perspective!

Team Sandbaggers pwn j00 4ll!!!!1!!

Clare
03-10-2004, 05:42 PM
I was gone for the past week to the LA psp so I'm barely getting around to working on the dvd cover. Sorry about the delay but Adam will have it soon enough.

Scooter/Cootie
03-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
I was gone for the past week to the LA psp so I'm barely getting around to working on the dvd cover. Sorry about the delay but Adam will have it soon enough.

So YOUR the reason why the DVD isn't out yet...You slacker!!! ;) :p

Whenever you have time Clare.

P.S.
Is there an ETA on the music video? Not like you have enough to do huh? :D

Clare
03-10-2004, 06:30 PM
Is there an ETA on the music video? Not like you have enough to do huh?

no ETA cause I don't have any of the video footage yet. Whenever Adam gets around to sending it to me... :p

GoatBoy
03-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi

Hear hear! Let's hear it for Team Forfeit!

Mango
03-10-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by adam shannon
but until the music is lined up and clare has time to go the sleeve label and disk graphic were on hold.

And what does editing have to do with a sleeve graphic and cd label? :cool: :confused:

CodeMA
03-10-2004, 10:41 PM
*slips speakers under Clare and Adam's pillows so we can play subliminal messages to them in there sleep*

Deffently cant wait to see it folkz...

*Pokes the bands while Im at it to hurry up the oking of the use of their music*

logamus
03-10-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by SprayingMango

And what does editing have to do with a sleeve graphic and cd label? :cool: :confused:

exactly what i was thinking. clare you slacker. :p

Clare
03-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Hey!! I just finished up the TeX-Ball article when I got back! Next up was the cover and label! I'm only one woman, people!! :p

ntn4502
03-11-2004, 12:10 AM
yeah I just stopped up to Adam's yesterday, the man has 800 projects he's working on at the same time, give him a little patience.:)

Clare
03-11-2004, 12:52 AM
I'm currently working on the cover but I'm not through with it. I'm still waiting on high res logos from Barrel Plug and Animal Paintball so the back will change when I get those. I need your opinions on it so far..

front is in color
http://www.automags.org/~Capo/cover.jpg
in black and white
http://www.automags.org/~Capo/cover2.jpg

edweird
03-11-2004, 01:00 AM
lookin good clare

very cool and such

Chojin Man
03-11-2004, 02:24 AM
I thought Team 3 was called Drunken Fury. Not team late or whatever.

CodeMA
03-11-2004, 02:31 AM
*tear*

Beside the fact I dont see me on the cover :D

It looks great!

I do see alittle bias here and there with the back, but I guess thats allowed :p and it looks good as well...

I like the color a little better, I think is KBs wig... eheh

EDIT: Andrew, it started out as Drunken Fury but due to the slight fact they were indeed, Fasionably Late... they were dubbed such :)

Mango
03-11-2004, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by CodeMA
[B
I do see alittle bias here and there with the back, but I guess thats allowed [/B]

For the amount of crap they had to put up with to make this event possible, I think its only right they should have some pics on the cover of the DVD.

And BTW, if you actually LOOK at it, there is 1 pic of Clare and 1 Pic of Curtis, so calm down.

Scooter/Cootie
03-11-2004, 08:18 AM
Sweet, I made the cover! :cool:

I like the color one Clare. B&W just dosent look right for some reason. Good work!

Creative Mayhem
03-11-2004, 10:14 AM
Looks great Clare, but you NEED Captain Canuck on there ;)

C'mon.. you know you waaaanna. :D

I think the color version is best, the B&W just doesnt seem to stand out as much.

VIVA LA DRUNKEN FURY AKA FASHIONABLY LATE!!! :D

*Edit* HAHHA I see the now famous Creative Mayhem "Buttslide" on the cover :p

Mango
03-11-2004, 11:24 AM
LMAO that buttslide is so friggen funny. :D

CodeMA
03-11-2004, 11:48 AM
wait a sec there Mango, chill bud... I say that with the utmost playfull jokeingness, I have nothing but love for Curtis and Clare, and it looks good, I had no mal intent when I said that... I beleive I even used the proper emocons in the process....sheeesh

hey I even held back the crack about curtis being on the back possibly causeing people to want there money back for fear of the mail system destroying it as an artical of "Visual Warfare" :D

and on that note, being as they live in the same state, Ill shut up and start the skipping state process... :p

but anyway, yall keep up the good work, everyone there already knows it will be well worth the wait and then some, so really, theres no hurry...

TraXeR
03-11-2004, 12:21 PM
That is STUNNING Clare... absolutely STUNNING.... damn.. I just hope the video does it justice, we dont want no 'hype cover' now :p.

P.S. lol! buttslide, i wasn't there, but it sounds funny!

Muzikman
03-11-2004, 12:44 PM
Looks good Clare. You made that pretty damn fast as I only got you the pix last night:)

I agree, color looks better.

Also, glad ya used the pic of Curtis on the back. That was my favorite pic of them all.

Sorry mango, no full cover pic of you this time around:)

Adam, ya gonna have a slideshow on this one too?;)

Clare
03-11-2004, 04:57 PM
I'm glad you all like it! I printed out the one with the color front and I do agree that it looks the best out of the two.

Creative Mayhem
03-11-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
Adam, ya gonna have a slideshow on this one too?;)

I agree.. The slide show on the SC vid was cool, you need one on the TEXBALL DVD. The only prob with the slide show was it needed to be a half second faster showing the pics(just my opinion though ;))

Mango
03-11-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Creative Mayhem

I agree.. The slide show on the SC vid was cool, you need one on the TEXBALL DVD. The only prob with the slide show was it needed to be a half second faster showing the pics(just my opinion though ;))

Now thats precision!

Cryer
03-11-2004, 07:44 PM
I think the pics are just a shade too dark... but otherwise, its great

Clare
03-12-2004, 06:06 AM
The cover won't be done until this weekend since I'm waiting on some more stuff for it. Until then, any input is appreciated. :)

edweird
03-12-2004, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Chojin Man
I thought Team 3 was called Drunken Fury. Not team late or whatever.

Yeah its my fault that they got branded "Team Fashionably Late" after all its so fitting :P atleast for some of em.

anyhow id stick with the color dealy and the first product looked verry nice.

Cryer
03-12-2004, 12:18 PM
http://www.automags.org/~Capo/cover.jpg

On the back of the cover, I think you should have all the company logos appear like the AGD logo: minus the white boxes and with an outer glow.

Also, before texball, I made a sig for myself. If you want to, you're welcome to use part of it on the cover. LMK, and I can get you the PSD.
http://mysite.verizon.net/jnormancryer/texball.png

Muzikman
03-12-2004, 12:54 PM
Cryer, she is waiting for the high res images from the companies. My guess those are just JPGs that she snagged from a web site or something.

Cryer
03-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Thats cool, I wasnt sure.

Fuji
03-13-2004, 07:32 AM
Slightly OT, but did you get the Pic CDs? (Ed and Capo?)

TraXeR
03-13-2004, 08:47 AM
I know Clare made the Cover, but who is making the DVD engraved picture? Has that even been discussed? I'd like to see it. Personally, I think Cryer's picture would work perfect as the picture.

adam shannon
03-13-2004, 08:52 AM
clare is in charge of all graphics for the project. i really like cryers logo also...but remember there will be a hole in the middle of the pic thus obscuring most of the x-ball logo in the center...and speaking of that, i dont know if the x-powers that be would be ok with us using their logo. it would be about 30 seconds till some spoil sportly wrote them to drop a dime.

adam shannon
03-13-2004, 03:16 PM
the presale was at the event. the price will be $35 for dvd, $25 for vhs.

Cryer
03-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by adam shannon
clare is in charge of all graphics for the project. i really like cryers logo also...but remember there will be a hole in the middle of the pic thus obscuring most of the x-ball logo in the center...and speaking of that, i dont know if the x-powers that be would be ok with us using their logo. it would be about 30 seconds till some spoil sportly wrote them to drop a dime.

I think we actually have permission. At least to incorporate the name... I seem to remember someone posting that... Just an Idea.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
03-14-2004, 04:26 PM
hey, look at me, I'm on the font! :p :)

Clare
03-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Cryer, she is waiting for the high res images from the companies. My guess those are just JPGs that she snagged from a web site or something.

That's right. :) I'm currently just waiting on a logo from Adam to include in the back.

Slightly OT, but did you get the Pic CDs? (Ed and Capo?)

Yes, I did! Thanks a lot! :D

Thanks Branden!

I know Clare made the Cover, but who is making the DVD engraved picture? Has that even been discussed? I'd like to see it.
I'm doing that, too. I still haven't decided on what to use, though.

As of now, I won't be using the actual x-ball logo until I get the official word back from them.

Clare
03-14-2004, 09:12 PM
Also, before texball, I made a sig for myself. If you want to, you're welcome to use part of it on the cover. LMK, and I can get you the PSD.

James: I like this http://mysite.verizon.net/jnormancryer/texball.png for the dvd graphic but I still have to wait on permission to use the xball logo. I'll let you know :)

Cryer
03-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Awesome!

I imagine you'll need a higher res version, tho, right?

Tenatively, do you know what size, approx?

edweird
03-14-2004, 09:44 PM
Yep I got mine... some hella good pics on that disk.

id share but I have slacked off on getting my own webspace to host stuff on as of yet. (Also im still in LA area at Evil Preachers' house recovering from a scenario)

and yeah I agree with Cryer. White halos 'round the other logos to keep them in sinc with the AGD one.

Clare
03-14-2004, 09:50 PM
dont worry guys, there will be a glow! Those were just temporary.. :p

I imagine you'll need a higher res version, tho, right?

Yeah. I don't think the size matters as long as it's high res.

Cryer
03-14-2004, 09:51 PM
hey, Ed-

You ever get ahold of those pics with you pullin kickflips on the luggage cart?:)

Cryer
03-14-2004, 09:52 PM
dont worry guys, there will be a glow! Those were just temporary.. :p

:p

Clare's like "SHUT UP ALLREADY!!! JEEZ!"

:p

edweird
03-14-2004, 09:53 PM
yep I got a couple of them from that disk but they arnt the high res pics that Wonderpug took from the up angle.

Chojin Man
03-15-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Branden Minimag
I'm very impressed with Capo's photoshop work, paintballin' skills, and music skills. :D She's perfect.

Here is a paper towel Branden you have some brown stuff on your nose; might wanna wipe that off;)

Mok_Star
03-15-2004, 01:55 AM
hey adam, as soon as you get them ready i want one, you can pm here or email me, and i will have the money on the way, or if you want it now pm me with the address to send it to you....thanks you whirly ball addict =)

woot! i made the cover!

oh curtis and clare, good luck at the bunkerfest 2 x-ball, guess i didn't make the cut....

Havoc_online
03-15-2004, 02:25 AM
oh curtis and clare, good luck at the bunkerfest 2 x-ball, guess i didn't make the cut....
they picked already? I wish but I seriously doubt I'm going to have the votes. :( Clare has a chance I think though... :)

Scooter/Cootie
03-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Havoc_online

they picked already? I wish but I seriously doubt I'm going to have the votes. :( Clare has a chance I think though... :)

Whats that all about? I never heard of votes to play in x-ball for bunkerfest. Got any info to share? :)

Havoc_online
03-15-2004, 03:29 PM
VOTE for BunkerFest X-Ball Expo. (http://www.247paintball.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2308)

That's all the info on it, from re-reading the post, I believe the cut-off date is April 5th.

Clare
03-17-2004, 01:57 AM
Clare's like "SHUT UP ALLREADY!!! JEEZ!"

hehee

Clare has a chance I think though...

doubt it.. :p

CodeMA
03-17-2004, 08:37 AM
I dont know Clare, looks like you have a fairly good chance, lotta people have thrown your name into the mix

and sevral more are sure too

*orders a few more texas folk around at gunpoint to see to it happening, and to edit some posts and remove the numberious scrubs listed*

'In best Italian voice' Now U seee, I'vve Done Joo a fava, there will come a time, when you will be called on to repay this favor....

On that note, weres this music video and DVD? :D

TraXeR
03-17-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by CodeMA

On that note, weres this music video and DVD? :D

Jeez! Give it time man, Clare and everyone else are probably incredibly busy, and you know the second something new happens they'll tell us, just have patience bud! :) ;)

CaPoEiRa: Is there a place to send pre-orders yet for when it is made?

CodeMA
03-17-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by TraXeR

Jeez! Give it time man, Clare and everyone else are probably incredibly busy, and you know the second something new happens they'll tell us, just have patience bud! :) ;)

ARRG...again, the comical aspect of my post was ignored... do re read the WHOLE thing to relise said statement was not ment in a literal sence....sheeesh *uses tasor to back you up off the scroad there*

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
03-22-2004, 10:17 PM
so....hows about them dvds

adam shannon
03-22-2004, 10:35 PM
we just got the rest of the music transferred. i will be getting the graphic from clare and finishing the editing...now that we have all the music.

Cryer
03-22-2004, 10:39 PM
awesome! what bands?

Havoc_online
03-22-2004, 11:44 PM
Dirty Wormz (http://www.dirtywormz.com/dwz/index.asp)

&

Amorphia (http://www.amorphiamusic.com) <-- think thier site is down.

:)

Clare
03-24-2004, 01:20 AM
Here's the final dvd cover. I barely got around to finishing it since I got back from Huntington late last night and just got Adam Shannon's logo. I'll be going to Mexico to play paintball (woohoo!) this Thursday through Monday so I should have the disc graphic ready by tomorrow sometime.

http://www.automags.org/~Capo/texball_cover.jpg

tyrion2323
03-24-2004, 01:22 AM
Wow! Very impressive!

BagelBoy2004
03-24-2004, 03:43 AM
Clare is so cool.

Scooter/Cootie
03-24-2004, 07:50 AM
Ha! "Parental Advisory" - That cracks me up. :p

Maybe the DVD includes some late night filming at Simons? :D

TraXeR
03-24-2004, 08:29 AM
Drool.... :eek:

That cover is definately the shiznit ;). Have fun at Mexico Clare! :) Parental Discretion?!?! :confused: Dear god, this has to be good! LOL

Clare
03-24-2004, 08:33 AM
Now now, don't everyone get too excited! :p It's only up cause the lyrics supposedly have some cursing in it. I haven't heard the music so I can't say how much exactly.

Have fun at Mexico Clare!

I'm sure it won't be very hard! :D

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
03-24-2004, 09:22 AM
Aww....the parental advisory pic is ontop of me...lol

Nice job Clare. Can't wait to own a cover just like it. :)

CodeMA
03-24-2004, 10:43 AM
ahahah, thers prolly a secret reason for that bro ;)

and Clare, its cool that your going to Me-He-Co and all to rock the folk to the south and show em whats up from Texas and all....but what about your Texas loyalists and fellow ballers... your forgetting to take us.... :D No love for us poor, little guys and gals who like to shoot people too, namely from other countrys ;)

eheh, have fun!

Cryer
03-24-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Scooter/Cootie
Ha! "Parental Advisory" - That cracks me up. :p

Maybe the DVD includes some late night filming at Simons? :D

I think its for Mango' whirly ball adventures;)

Mango
03-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Cryer

I think its for Mango' whirly ball adventures;)

:eek: :eek: ;)

I might have forgotten to take it off while going to the bathroom. woops!

Creative Mayhem
03-24-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by SprayingMango

:eek: :eek: ;)

I might have forgotten to take it off while going to the bathroom. woops!

Bah! what would they see, nothing... :p I think the bands aren't the ones swearing... ;) BUSTED!

BagelBoy2004
03-25-2004, 12:58 AM
Now now, don't everyone get too excited! :p It's only up cause the lyrics supposedly have some cursing in it. I haven't heard the music so I can't say how much exactly.

I'm sure it won't be very hard! :D

Don't forget the one dollar tequilla :D

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
03-28-2004, 11:22 PM
Sorry, I really can't wait to see this dvd, anyone know if they are shipping this week?

Havoc_online
03-29-2004, 05:35 AM
its very close to being done, just waiting for details here and there to make sure things are done right.

Cryer
04-11-2004, 10:19 AM
up.

Adam- Any info?

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
04-11-2004, 10:38 AM
Yes, my panties are getting all bundled up. :( :p

TraXeR
04-11-2004, 01:15 PM
OMG! I almost forgot about this thing! I hope it comes out soon!

Is this gonna be a 'VHS' style DVD where you just 'plug and play' or will it have 'scene selection', 'special features' and other cool stuff like a usual DVD?

Rather
04-11-2004, 01:27 PM
Traxer, i know its gonna have a few 'bonus scences' but im not sure if those are on after the end or in a title selection.

If it does have the scene selection or special features, any secret easter eggs? :D

P.S.- Cryer you need to make your sig say say VROOOOOOM! :p ;)

Cryer
04-11-2004, 02:23 PM
Done :D

adam shannon
04-11-2004, 02:33 PM
ok, after a software issue that would bore a non geek..its finally done. all pre-orders are shipping tomorrow (monday). there is alot of extra footage that didnt make the dvd..this s going out to clare for her video and the rest will ed up as mpegs online.

Cryer
04-11-2004, 02:38 PM
w0ot!

CodeMA
04-11-2004, 03:15 PM
w00t indeed!!!

cant wait to see it!

TraXeR
04-11-2004, 03:26 PM
I wanna buy it! How much is it? Who do I send money to?

Rather
04-11-2004, 05:39 PM
WOOT! YAY! CAN'T WAIT!Note to self.... must find local mailman and badger them to make my dvd get here faster. :D

LOL now your sig is complete, cryer! :cool:

Cryer
04-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by TraXeR
I wanna buy it! How much is it? Who do I send money to?
Contact adam shannon.