PDA

View Full Version : Barrel that fits Blaze

yourBFHD
03-10-2004, 04:53 PM
I need your help deciding on a new barrel. I shoot a minimag with an x-valve, and a dye ultralight barrel which rocks when I am shooting the right paint. Unfortunately some of the time I am forced to shoot Blaze which has a tendency to roll out of my barrel. I just need something to use in those instances...I just bought my x-valve so I don't really have an extra $200 to buy a barrel kit, so I am thinking somewhere in the $60 range. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

lautt
03-10-2004, 05:16 PM
get a 684-686 back to go with your ultralite. Look in the used section, you could get lucky.

yourBFHD
03-10-2004, 05:28 PM
There isn't a removable back...at least not that I know of, any other ideas?

lautt
03-10-2004, 05:33 PM
ok then, look for a lapco microshot or autospirit

yourBFHD
03-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Have you ever shot a Autospirit or know anyone who has? I just want to know how its performance stacks up against other barrels. Otherwise any other barrel recommendations would be great too!

trains are bad
03-10-2004, 06:02 PM
I've had good luck with blaze out of a bigshot. But paint changes, that was a year or so ago.

lautt
03-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by trains are bad
I've had good luck with blaze out of a bigshot. But paint changes, that was a year or so ago.

suprising!! Blaze is a small bore paint, and the bigshot, well really big bore

yourBFHD, no not personnaly, but i do know ppl who shoots them and are in love with it

deathstalker
03-10-2004, 10:05 PM
I shoot Blaze out of my AutoSpirit at every Sam's Big Game and it's awesome (I use nothing but LAPCO barrels). A MicroShot might be a slightly better fit, but I don't think your bolt will fit in it and you might continuously chuff. This happened to me over the weekend when I used Blaze. Turns out the lvl 10 bolt on my E-Mag was too big and I would get numerous chuffs on my AutoSpirit. I put the bolt from my X-Valve on it and it worked like a charm.

Besides, Colin didn't make MicroShots for 'Mags. :( But like I said, it probably wouldn't work well anyway.

As for pricing, keep an eye on eBay. I've never paid more than $35 for a brand new LAPCO barrel.

athomas
03-11-2004, 12:54 PM
I pretty much use a .691 barrel for everything. I use a .687 if I size specifically for Blaze.

You shouldn't have any problem with any larger barrel as long as you have good nubbins. Get the new plastic nubbins. They should keep the balls from rolling out of the barrel you have now.