PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a good place for powdercoating?

Dern
03-11-2004, 12:22 AM
Hey all, Just need to know if anyone knows of a good place/person that can do a powdercoat job on my mag body (stainless steel minimag body).

I know there used to be someone on the forums that could, but I haven't heard from him in a long time.

pointm@n
03-11-2004, 12:29 AM
Ken at www.kpcustoms.com does powdercoating.

felony
03-11-2004, 08:54 AM
bah, just went to his site, and it looks like they are done with orders till Aug 1st???

i have heard of another good powdercoaters..is redrider. he can be found in the dealers forum somewhere

dan

pointm@n
03-11-2004, 09:07 AM
Sent him an email just to check. He says on the site that he'll do small orders. He may be able to squeeze you in and it can't hurt asking.

I tried Redrider once, and he never got back to me. Maybe that was a turnoff. Plus, it looks like he disappears for a while then comes back and then disappears again. That doesn't sit too nicely with me...

Ken is good people, he'll get back to you quickly and keep you informed. I just got some custom milling from him and he did an awesome job. Can't wait for the UPS man to come...

Spaceman613
03-11-2004, 09:28 AM
I vote for Ken as well. Just got a call from him last night asking about an order of mine. Im probably biased towards K&P, but I wouldn't hesitate to send anything to him. In fact he has one of my Sterlings, one of my cockers, and my sniper 1 body.

Intellimag
03-11-2004, 05:30 PM
I got my body coated by a guy that has a shop on ebay, but you dont have to win a bid. Very good prices. And he does a good job. Many selections of colors also. Its 20 for the body and if you want other parts coated he usualy charges 5 bucks extra for each part. His email is exospex@rochester.rr.com. Just ask him about getting your body coated and he will send you an email with all the colors and prices. He can do fades and metallics also.