PDA

View Full Version : Short Stroking

Remake101
03-11-2004, 12:41 PM
What does short stroking mean? I want to get the ULE trigger pull kit for my gun but everywhere i look it says the downside is that it is super easy to short stroke with but i dont understand what that means. HELP ME OUT!!!

danger_crane
03-11-2004, 10:21 PM
short stroking is where you dont let the trigger return all the way after a pull, and so the valve doesn't cycle completely, and your next shot will barely make it out of the barrel (chuff).

The ULT is worth it though, just go for it. After a couple of times playing with it, you'll love it.

danger_crane
03-12-2004, 07:38 AM
I've had it since the first week the ULT came out. There is a noticible difference in reactivity, there is definately some trade off. But if you're shooting a mech mag with a 3 pound trigger pull, shooting over 10bps is a rarity. With ULT, 10+ is much more common.

tonybhall
03-13-2004, 09:33 AM
Hey Guys,

The ULT is the way too go. I've had mine now for about 2 months. I love it. My whole team uses them. It does take a minute to get used to but it is great. Everyone who has a regular trigger mag that shoots mine goes and orders one. I should be on commission. HA HA...

Bryan
Team Mag Daddies

RRfireblade
03-13-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Branden Minimag

So you mean that even though it's not as reactive, you will still shoot faster with ULT?

That's really a case by case situation.

I'm still not decieded myself.It may be that I've been shooting R/T's for so long but I don't really see any difference in ROF.

If I can't walk it like an Electro (not even close w/ the ULT) there's not much difference between a kinda light(for a mech/mag) and the R/T effect for me.

If your a fanner,then I'd say the ULT is faster though.

You really need to try it for yourself.

Jay.

tonybhall
03-13-2004, 12:28 PM
I can't imagine how anyone would not shoot faster with a ULT. It drops the trigger pull from 3lbs to under 15oz. That's a big deal. There is no doubt by anyone on my team (we all shoot mags with ULTs) that we can shoot at least twice as fast now.

Bryan
Team Mag Daddies

Cheeseball24
03-13-2004, 02:10 PM
can you put a ULT on any mag?

XbeasleyX@juno.com
03-13-2004, 02:24 PM
Heres everything about the ULT - http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96538

RRfireblade
03-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by tonybhall
I can't imagine how anyone would not shoot faster with a ULT. It drops the trigger pull from 3lbs to under 15oz. That's a big deal. There is no doubt by anyone on my team (we all shoot mags with ULTs) that we can shoot at least twice as fast now.

Bryan
Team Mag Daddies

Well as I said, each person is different,believe it or not.

FYI,I've got blowbacks with trigger pulls under 8oz so 15oz,while a good improvement for a Mag, isn't exactly impressive.Most of my Cockers have not only been under that but shorter as well.

So,as I have stated,SOME people prefer to have the reactive trigger action to enhance ROF(as well as almost eliminate short stroking) and OTHER people may prefer a slightly lighter pull with virtually no reactive trigger action(which will typically enhance short stroking).

Therefore it's up to each to decide.