PDA

View Full Version : Jayloo.com - Paintball Photo Gallery - FREE pic hosting

jayloo
03-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Since Jan 2004 I have been developing and testing a web-based paintball photo gallery @ www.jayloo.com. As interest from the paintball community grew I spent more time on it. Then AO stopped all attachments on posts ... so I stepped up development. Currently the site is being used by several AO'ers. Jayloo.com has no intentions of hosting any forums at this time. Please feel free to post comments or suggestions about the web site in this thread.

Some Features Include:
Quick easy setup
Absolutely FREE service
Post photos in jpg, png, bmp and gif format
Post comments about photos
User Control Panel to edit your photos
External linking allowed
Extensive categories for photos
Assign photo to multiple categories
Some non-pball related photos are allowed but are heavily limited & moderated
Too many features to list......

http://www.jayloo.com/images/jayloo_banner_01.jpg (http://www.jayloo.com)

I have has several inquiries about the bandwidth, space, and stability associated with this project. I can assure you that those limitations are HIGH and provisions have been made in case more bandwidth, space, and stability is needed.

Scooter/Cootie
03-12-2004, 11:13 AM
I've attempted to signup for your site but the signup page keeps getting reset once I click on the signup button.

Is there something that I'm doing wrong or is the site not allowing new members at this time?

fire1811
03-12-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Scooter/Cootie
I've attempted to signup for your site but the signup page keeps getting reset once I click on the signup button.

Is there something that I'm doing wrong or is the site not allowing new members at this time?

same thing here

Curly
03-12-2004, 12:42 PM
Did you guys check the small box right above the button that says "I agree to all terms etc..."?

Scooter/Cootie
03-12-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Curly
Did you guys check the small box right above the button that says "I agree to all terms etc..."?

Yep, I did that a couple of times and still got the same result.

Curly
03-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Weird, because I just registered 5 minutes ago and it worked perfectly...

Scooter/Cootie
03-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Curly
Weird, because I just registered 5 minutes ago and it worked perfectly...

Hmm...I just tried again and it still happened. I wonder if it has something to do with my companies firewall...

I'll try it tonight when I have access to a different PC.

fire1811
03-12-2004, 01:26 PM
yep i checked it and just tried again
no go

jayloo
03-12-2004, 01:28 PM
The page may only appear to reset. Please check any messages in red at the top of the page and if any of the required fields have red double "<<" next to it. In either place there will be an explanation of the error.

There are 5 fields that need information.
[list=1]
Enter a username
Enter a password - must be >= 6 characters
Re-enter password
Email address
Re-enter emnail address
Check the terms and Conditions box just above the signup button
[/list=1]

Hope this helps. Email me at jason@jayloo.com if the issue persists.

Thanks for the interest. The more interest and suggestions the better Jayloo.com can be for everyone.

Jason

fire1811
03-12-2004, 01:40 PM
ok i just shut my firewall off and it took it
not sure if was coincidence but it worked

Scooter/Cootie
03-12-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by jayloo
The page may only appear to reset. Please check any messages in red at the top of the page and if any of the required fields have red double "<<" next to it. In either place there will be an explanation of the error.

There are 5 fields that need information.
[list=1]
Enter a username
Enter a password - must be >= 6 characters
Re-enter password
Email address
Re-enter emnail address
Check the terms and Conditions box just above the signup button
[/list=1]

Hope this helps. Email me at jason@jayloo.com if the issue persists.

Thanks for the interest. The more interest and suggestions the better Jayloo.com can be for everyone.

Jason

There were no red text at the top nor any red "<<". The page just...reset. It only seems to be effecting a few of us, though I'm not sure why it's just fire and myself when Curly said that he could register.

I'll try again tonight and see if I get the reset problem again.

fire1811
03-12-2004, 01:53 PM
scooter/cootie try turning your firewall off if you have one.

Scooter/Cootie
03-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by fire1811
scooter/cootie try turning your firewall off if you have one.

Yea, I have one but I don't have access to turn it off. For some reason, a company with 6000+ employees dosent want to give random people access to things like that. :p

I'll try later tonight from a different PC. If it worked for you, it should work for me. Keep your fingers crossed! ;)

fire1811
03-12-2004, 02:03 PM
those untrusting bastards :p

jayloo
03-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Fire1811 glad it all owrked out for you. Glad to have you on board.

Scooter/Cootie - if you still have probs PM me on AO or email me jason@jayloo.com the required info except for your password and I can troubleshoot further.

I think I might put a forum for development suggestions and bugs.

Scooter/Cootie
03-12-2004, 05:33 PM
I just tried it from a different PC without a firewall and it worked.

Looks like I'll have the opportunity to post a few pics now. Nice.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-12-2004, 07:45 PM
expect a few more pics from me tonight :)

03-12-2004, 09:28 PM
It keeps threatening to ban me but i am uploading a jpg. n/m i think file might have been to big.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-12-2004, 09:39 PM
i think the max size is 800x600

jayloo
03-12-2004, 10:51 PM
File size limit is 1meg. No limit on actual pixel height and width. I have blocked all file types but about 5. Your jpg may be a different type somehow or is heavily corrupted. Email me the pic (jason@jayloo.com) and Ill figure it out.