PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to woodball turneys?

Big Head
03-11-2004, 03:37 PM
It seems that its all about bps, throwing more paint than anybody else and doing it all in 5 mins! Anyone miss the days of stalking down the other team, out flaking the other team, and the pure joy of taking down the other team fort and running away with there flag?!! Why is it that it is all about AIRBALL, X-BALL? I've played both, and it seems AIRBALL and X-BALL are just a shootfest!! What do you think?

CaptaiN_JacK
03-11-2004, 04:31 PM
i still go out with a bunch of friends every couple of weekends and paly a good game of woodsball. i like the strategy involved, and how much cheaper it is. im not saying speedball doesnt have strategy, it does, but they are both different kinds, i hope you get what im saying. i like the way you stalk around and secure bunkers. i like the way 1 man can easily win if he has skill if its 5v1. for me, speedball is too high paced and fast. you dont get to move around as much either. oh well, hype rules all.

Muzikman
03-11-2004, 04:32 PM
I enjoy both type of play, but I do really miss the woodsball tournaments. The last major tournament to come out of the woods was the IAO, and it kinda bummed me out. I know why they did it, but it was still fun playing 10man in the woods.

LaW
03-11-2004, 04:56 PM
Ah yes... how I miss woodsball tournaments...

abarnhar
03-12-2004, 12:21 AM
It is sad that organized woodball tournaments have faded into the background. You still hear of people setting up weekend tournaments on woodball-ish courses (wooden spools and haybales). Someone should start a woodball league.

Konigballer
03-12-2004, 12:48 AM
dude, the sports been heading in this direction for a while. Way to catch up.