PDA

View Full Version : Anodizing or painting?

Lakerpimp
09-24-2001, 10:59 PM
I want to anodize the black on my mag to a different color. Where can I get this done and about how much? Or is is best to get it painted?

ProjectMag
09-24-2001, 11:27 PM
Mags can't be anodized since they are steel, not aluminum which can be anodized. Powdercoating is the way to go with mags, very durable and inexpensive.

Xzion
09-25-2001, 02:18 AM
If your going to have powdercoating done, make sure you dont have any parts that touch painted in any way shape or form, (ex: between body and rail, and between rail and grip frame) as there are several layers of paint which could throw off tolerences with the parts farther apart... its one of thoes 'better safe than sorry' things.

EnW
09-25-2001, 04:17 PM
Have the powdercoating done. It doesn't take much for regular paint to scratch and chip off. I think projectmag is right about not being able to anodize steel.
My mag is powdercoated over the entire body and I have no problems whatsoever with clearances.

krafty
09-25-2001, 05:08 PM
I had Redrider87 powdercoat my whole rail and minimag body, no problems with fit at all...

Trent-MaximuS
09-26-2001, 08:59 AM
DO not get your parts painted. It doesn't matter what kind of paint you use it will still chip and scratch if you look at it cross wise. Now for all the aluminum parts (body rail, vertical, well everything except main body) get them anodized.