PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is up with spam these days?

Thordic
03-12-2004, 10:08 AM
Ok, I got a spam in my inbox. It said FREE MOVIES!

For some reason, instead of deleting it, I clicked it.

This was the content of the spam, nothing else.

Suddenly, she wasn't there. Are there a lot of these types of accidents? I'll tell you what happened next. I'm cold, you said, staring at the continuation we had to feel through yesterday.

And someone was waiting for me, just around the corner. Are there a lot of these types of accidents? And someone was waiting for me, just around the corner. What is the answer?

I wished so deeply for the change to come about. I'm evil. (I'd seen something really weird. :) It was cold and sweet.

I'm evil. Hi, I said to all the animals. Suddenly, she wasn't there. Are you getting pieces of this? Why do guys like you and me know what a duvet is?

What in the hell is this? Now not only do we get advertising spam, but apparently they patients at the mental hospital have gotten their hands on spam email lists?

I am at a total loss.

PyRo
03-12-2004, 10:12 AM
They didn't give you a link?
Now they're doing it just to piss us off.

Thordic
03-12-2004, 10:14 AM
No link, and dude that crap is barely english.

lopxtc
03-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Yeah its gotten to the point now where if someone wants to email me they need have a certain key phrase in the subject line. My filters then send anything without that phrase to a second filter which attempts to reverse DNS the email .. if it can be traced back to a legit host then its stored in another folder for review.

Took a little longer to get setup, but cut my spam down to almost nothing.

Aaorn

PyRo
03-12-2004, 11:05 AM
The yahoo bulk mail folder works wonders, filters about atleast 90%.

fire1811
03-12-2004, 11:11 AM
i love spam with cheese

The Deacon
03-12-2004, 11:21 AM
By law, spammers have to include unsubscibe links.

All the e-mails I get have the link. It just doesn't work. How convienent. :mad:

I DO have the spammer's addresses now though, so if I ever feel like life isn't worth living and going totally nuts, I'll do a tour of those facilities.

fire1811
03-12-2004, 11:23 AM
but is it there correct address?
they usually hide it with about 4 or more other ones

PyRo
03-12-2004, 11:27 AM
Half of the ones I get don't have the link. The ones that do the link and I can actually get to the unsubscribe page usually works, but usually takes atleast a month. Anyone else find that half the unsubscribe links are under construction, will be back tommorrow, or just plain won't load.

I'm defintaly for prison time for anyone creating or supporting any type of spyware :)

fire1811
03-12-2004, 11:29 AM
and you will also find that when you click the link they now know they have found a active account and spam it from a 100 other addresses

dont open up spam :cool:

-=Squid=-
03-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Actually, this reminds me... Telemarketers (phone) cannot legally hang up on you... meaning you can piss them off as long as you want :)

PyRo
03-12-2004, 02:07 PM
That could be extreemly interesting. I'm going to record a 2 hour *****ing session and just play it to anyone that calls.

Cryer
03-12-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
Actually, this reminds me... Telemarketers (phone) cannot legally hang up on you... meaning you can piss them off as long as you want :)
Thats not true. I used to be a telemarketer. Most companies feel its not in their best interest to have their salespeople hanging up on perspective customers. Thats the only reason you hear stuff like that.
I've disconnected many people who were there just to piss me off.

PyRo
03-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Cryer
I used to be a telemarketer

Cryer. I now hate you. So many thing I want to say that would get be banned. :(

Cryer
03-12-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by PyRo

Cryer. I now hate you. So many thing I want to say that would get be banned. :(

Lol... I know. I was hard up for cash, and American Express pays well.

The things we do for money:o