PDA

View Full Version : Hose lifespan?

krafty
09-25-2001, 11:43 AM
OK, gang...

While digging through my toolbox I found a couple hoses I didn't think I still had. One is a braided-steel that was custom-made at a local Parker store, and the other is a black hose (not macroline or microline) that came with my original AGD bottomline adapter kit. I don't know if you can even get this kind of hose anymore.

The steel hose seems to have some discoloration to it, but I have no idea what this is. The black hose looks OK, no cracks or anything.

If you figure that the braided hose is about 6 years old and the black one about 7, should I just toss them? Do hoses have a lifespan?

speedballbanks
09-25-2001, 02:59 PM
good ? idk

mac2k4
09-25-2001, 03:02 PM
try'em out, acn't hurt, the worts that'll happen is ya get a bigb pop sound.

Lone Gunman
09-29-2001, 06:06 PM
Yeah, a really BIG pop sound. One of my friends macro line burst from the Co2 tank being in the sun, and let me tell you, it made one heck of a bang. It sounded like someone touched off a couple pounds of gun powder by my ear.

Any-hoo, you can try it. And look on the bright side, if it does burst, you get a really cool sound and a hole bunch of cops will come to your house.

PyRo
09-30-2001, 06:55 PM
Hmm, I have an ss hose about 6-8 years old, hasn't burst yet :) Along with my copper 90degree adapters :)

TheTramp
10-01-2001, 10:41 AM
They should be fine. Go ahead and use them.

MajorDamage
10-01-2001, 07:52 PM
Yeah, when I first got my mag, I got microline with it. Supposed to have been macroline...Well lets just say CO2 dosnt like that. It made a BIG bang, and I threw down theg un, and the full CO2 tank eptied. We just kinda stared and backed away...

ENDO!

ralicea
10-01-2001, 10:27 PM
I would try them...