PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question...

ryanshep
03-12-2004, 11:24 AM
Hi guys,
i just bought a used emag and im pretty sure the board is fried, would i be able to send it into agd for repairs? thanks
-ryan

Z-man
03-12-2004, 11:35 AM
More than likely. All you need to look for is if there is a "punch mark" (a silver dent" on the side of your valve indicating that the marker has been sent in before.

AGD will fully tune and repair your marker the first time you send it in free of charge. After that, you pay a flat fee of I think $45 for a Mech Automag and $80? for the E/X-Mags?

You MUST call them and get a return autorization # BEFORE sending it or they won't work on it.

ryanshep
03-12-2004, 11:52 AM
ok thanks but im looking at my valve now and i dont see a little punch mark in it, where would it be? also, would it matter that the guy i bought it from did some **** milling on it?thanks for all ur help
-ryan

ryanshep
03-12-2004, 11:56 AM
i got another quick question if and once i send it in to agd how long will it take for them to ship it back to me?

Z-man
03-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Milling on the valve... ermm that might ba a problem. AGDtake a case by acse approach to this but more often than not, AGD does not accept markers that have had the valving milled on them. You might pist a pict of what exactly was done to it and soneone from AGD may post back telling you they will or will not accept that.

The time AGD takes to get a marker back to you seems to be about 3 weeks in general from the time you ship it off. They do take some time but I have NEVER been unhappy with the work.

ryanshep
03-12-2004, 01:26 PM
by milling i ment the original owner had milled on the grip frame, not valve, but where would the punch or "dent" be on the valve?

Z-man
03-12-2004, 01:46 PM
oh milling on the grip frame is probably ok. The mark (if there even is one) would be on the back of the valve (that part you can see when it's installed on the marker). If you don't see it, it's probably not there.

You should call up AGD and get a return authorization number if you want to send it back to them and confirm that you get the first return free.

ryanshep
03-12-2004, 01:50 PM
thanks a bunch but just as a clarification i would have to pay shipping both ways correct?

Z-man
03-12-2004, 01:51 PM
You pay for it going to them. I don't think you pay for it going back... Better call and ask them though.