PDA

View Full Version : i need some loader opinions

tmnothing
03-12-2004, 04:19 PM
I just sold off my 12v revvy with one of my mags now I need a new motorized hopper.

What I want to know is what loader people are most happy with on their warp feed. Besides the basic functions of a motorized loader, the only factor i'm worried about is weight. Gimme some feedback!

chairman_mao
03-12-2004, 04:22 PM
I like the Empire reloader it's cheap ($40) sturdy has shells that IMHO are sturdier that the old revys and it is sound activated so you don't get the annoying whine that the revys give off when they are low. Since you're using it inconjunction with a warp it should feed sufficently to keep up

fire1811
03-12-2004, 04:24 PM
i just got an Rico Apache and it has great feedrate. just a little slower (less then a second) then the evo 2 with zboard.
its also lighter
and has a timer on it

i really didnt like my evo on a warp since it sits right in your face.

tmnothing
03-12-2004, 04:30 PM
How do the sound activated hoppers compare to hoppers with lasers/eyes? I was looking at the Halo TSAs because they have tilt sensors, they also are sound activated. Anyone have any feedback on those?

jeffremiller
03-13-2004, 12:56 PM
I've got a TSA frontman LCD that I love.

I've tried it side by side with Revvy, Rico and HALO and it holds it's own... of course the HALO B wins but the other three are very close.

I'm using the TSA on a ULT X-Dallara and it feeds it great. The Emag or Shocker I've got require a warp of Halo or both to keep them fed.

Note: Yes... I said Shocker... so Flame me if needed :)

J_

jeffremiller
03-13-2004, 12:57 PM
Here's some comparison pics...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126214&highlight=TSA

trains are bad
03-13-2004, 03:20 PM
it is sound activated so you don't get the annoying whine that the revys give off when they are low.

I like that same whine because it tells me I'm about out of paint. The empire's sound activation also sucks when you're low on paint. It isn't smart enought to agitate till the feedneck is full and so when there's just stragglers in there you have to go back to shakeing. That's using just the hopper though, I've never used a warp.

Wynken
03-13-2004, 04:05 PM
I tried a reloader on my warp once. It didn't work at all because not enough vibration or sound or whatever was getting to the reloader. Right now I use an intellifed revvy on my warp and it keeps up fine. It's an older one though, with the nicer shells.

A friend of mine tried the TSA on his warp and had the same problem.

<edit> The Apache looks to be a pretty impressive hopper. I think it's about in line with a Evo II. It's got the ball sensor switch that should keep the warp fed all the time, I think.

jtoothman25
03-13-2004, 04:35 PM
Apaaaacchhhheeeeeeeee is a great hopper. Now if only my emag would shoot halfway good. I think that Wynken guy is smart, you should listen to him. The apache was the same speed as a Zboarded egg, but isnt as fast as a halo. So, your option should be either a halo or an apache at this point. Evlutions are junk, and not worth diddley.

Apache - Cheaper, lighter, holds more paint than halo, has game timer, and no need for Rip drive, its got a pushbutton agitator.

Halo - Faster, proven hopper.