PDA

View Full Version : reactive trigger

Blackjack2575
03-12-2004, 05:48 PM
I have a Micromag with level 10 and x valve does anyone make a electric trigger frame r a better mech system for this body, how do I set the reactive up if that is posible with this gun

i_baked_cookies
03-12-2004, 06:05 PM
xvalve is already a reactive valve

centerflag makes their hyperframe, but some people have problems with it and its a good 300 bucks

get intelliframe and put a ult on your xvalve... itll shave 2 pounds off you trigger and double your speed

tonybhall
03-13-2004, 09:22 AM
Get a intelli and ULT...

B-)

Z-man
03-13-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by tonybhall
Get a intelli and ULT...

B-)

He wants to make it feel REACTIVE not lose it. The ULT will basically cancel out the reactivity of the valve.

The RT/X-Valve's "reactivity" is a built in function of the valve. When you pull the trigger it will snap back on you harder than when you pulled it. The big thing that affects how reactive the trigger feels is the input pressure and flow-rate of the HPA tank you use.

Most preset HPA tanks do not have high flow rates and thus, do not give much reactivity to the trigger. Adjustable tanks like the Dynaflow, the Air America Apocalypse and the Smart Parts Max-Flo tanks (to name a few) do a much better job in allowing you to tune the bounce of your trigger.

I have a few pages on my site that explain this in great detail (with regard to rapid-firing your Mag) but the principals remain the same.

http://www.zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/Automags/Rapid_Fire/rf_disclaimer.html

Blackjack2575
03-14-2004, 10:51 AM
Thanks I have a pmi perfect adjustable reg on tank, when I turn it up I can get it to bounce but not fast enough do I need to adjust the trigger r oder new sear pin of differant size from agd,s. I also have other newer tanks can I have them adjusted for more output pres. r have a new valve installed?

Z-man
03-14-2004, 11:35 AM
You on/off pin *could* be out of spec but you won't know unless you measure it with a pair of calipers. ProTeam says the on/off pin should be 0.650 inches long. If you fond that it's too long, you can CAREFULLY grind it down a bit or simply by a correct one from AGD.

More than likely however its not the marker, it's your tank.

Preset tanks (as the name implies) are preset and fixed in the outup pressure they run. If you want to adjust your input pressure you have to either buy a whole new tank system or at least the adjustable reg and replace one of your tanks old regs. BTY I didn't know PMI made adjustable input tanks.

Blackjack2575
03-14-2004, 06:41 PM
Yes it is a pmi valve with 2 gauges and a allen head that turns it up r down, but needs a new pin. who makes a good reg I can put in a newer bottle
MIke

Z-man
03-16-2004, 02:52 AM
Here is a short list:

-Centerflag DynaFlow reg
-Smart Parts Max-Flo reg (old or new)
-Air America Apocalypse reg (old or new)
-AGD Flatline reg (4500psi ones)
-MacDev reg (old style ones that go over 600psi)

There are probably several other but those are the ones I am aware of. Each system will behave a bit different but I know that any of those regs will give you a full range of adjustment to your trigger.

Blackjack2575
03-21-2004, 12:42 AM
Z-man I put a shorter pin in did not help should i try the next shorter one i have and does the pin being short mean u need less air to make it bounce? I'm running it one 1000psi and can get a slow bounce will the shorter pin speed up the bounce? And if I close the gap in the trigger, say to .883 mm will that help r hurt its at .1012 now

Mike

Blackjack2575
03-21-2004, 12:44 AM
The ones AGD sent me r .750,.745,and .740

Mike

Z-man
03-21-2004, 01:01 AM
oh sorry there, I didn't mean to ditch you. Yeah try different length pins. Also what tank are you running your tests on and about where is your sear pin when the marker is gassed up? (I mean how far off the trigger?)

Blackjack2575
03-24-2004, 11:57 AM
pure energyAbout .1012 gap in mm, still working on tank, I have a hyperflow 420,68\4500and a pure energy68/3000 and the pmi adjustable reg that had a pin problem.