PDA

View Full Version : Nitro Leake

jas142
09-25-2001, 01:53 PM
I have an Air Ameirca Preset Me'lee.... It it leaking, from the ASA I think(only leaks when i screw it in). I changed O ring numerous times.... why?

krafty
09-25-2001, 05:45 PM
Try using a bit of water and see exactly where it is leaking from. Could be something messed up in your drop (or whatever you screw the tank into), or it could be a leak at a fitting.

jas142
09-25-2001, 07:44 PM
Thanks for replying! What do you mean use wate?R Where do I put it? hehe, thanks.

krafty
09-26-2001, 06:47 AM
Gas the system up and dunk it in a pan full of water (or bucket, or whatever you can find) and look for tiny bubbles... The water shouldn't hurt the system, just dry everything off when you're done. :) Once you see where the bubbles are coming from, it might give you a better idea of what is causing the leak.

veteranmag
09-26-2001, 01:51 PM
If the leak is minor, it may be that your o-ring is not getting a good seal. Try putting a little paintball oil on the tank o-ring (gives it a better seal) before screwing in the tank. That usually does the trick.

also make sure that the o-ring you're using is the right size for your air tank (i'm not sure if they are all one size)

I have heard that some air tanks are not compatible with all ASA adapters (evidently the length of the pin in the ASA that depresses the pin valve on the air tank are too long or too short).

PyRo
09-26-2001, 02:11 PM
Ok, if you have already replaced the tank o-ring, try putting oil on the ring. Aside from this you can also drop an o-ring into the ASA before screwing in your tank, this fixed my problem.
Another possibility is that you have a bad connection to the hose. If that is it, take it out and put loctite 545 or teflon tape on it, and put it back in.