PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Guard???

Mag89
09-25-2001, 02:01 PM
Where can I get a double finger trigger guard for my mag????????????

D-L
09-25-2001, 03:04 PM
im not sure where, but i think dye makes them

Mag89
09-26-2001, 03:07 PM
or how could I make a trigger guard????

Xzion
09-27-2001, 04:45 PM
Just take a piece of aluminum, bend it to the shape of a trigger guard you want, and secure it under the front frame screw, maybe make the portion around the frame screw hole wider so you can fold the edges up, so the gard wont shift as much if bumped etc. I havnt tried it, but it seems like it should work. Also, some fields wont let you use markers with home made trigger gards, they require you to use a factory-made guard, for safety reasons.

Mag89
09-28-2001, 07:43 PM
I have a question.....What is the point of a trigger guard it does not do any thing at all how does it help people go home with two eyes simple answer it dosent.......

AkaEnder
09-28-2001, 07:45 PM
it does alot. It prevents the trigger from being accidentally pulled by being bumped into something. I can think of 100 times where not having a trigger guard would have caused a trigger pull I didnt want. On and off the field.

2UnREal
09-29-2001, 07:18 PM
But if you have a front grip then there is no need for a gaurd right?

Cha0tic
09-29-2001, 07:29 PM
kinda, but its still not tourney legal and some fields don't allow it

Rusty_Jones
10-01-2001, 10:58 PM
I work at a paintball shop in Milwaukee, I bought a used mag (actually, I bought it after someone else bought it and brought it back). Someone had put a double trigger on this gun and chopped off the trigger guard (obviously). Because I use this gun for my bar leagues I had to put on a trigger guard. What I did was chopped off the guard so the barrel retention screw was exposed, a little drastic but it needed to be done. I then took off the verticle adaptor. I cut a piece of 1/8th thick aluminum rod that we have in the shop (this was used to make the parts to upgrade vm-68's back in the day to the Thunderbolt, now how many of you are old school enough to remember this stuff?) to a length of about 8 inches. A lot of this will wind up just being cut down. What you do is bend the strip into an L shape with a right angle. Drill a hole for the screw that connects the verticle adaptor so the first bend is just between the verticle adaptor and the barrel retention screw. This is going to require a lot of fileing and sanding to make the verticle adapter stay on the gun. You'll file off about 1/3 the thickness. Once this is accomplished you can make the last bend in the aluminum so the bottom of the trigger is guarded. Saw off any aluminum that is in your way and file it so it's nice and smooth. I rounded the parts by my hands and made the part near the front of the rail flush with the gun. If you're really ambitous you can have the aluminum annodyzed. Or you can skip all this and do what most people do and just buy a new grip frame. If you make your own expect to spend at least 2 hours on this project and remember things tend to bend where they are at thier weakest.