PDA

View Full Version : Support your Fave College Team, play the NCPA Open!

raehl
03-12-2004, 11:53 PM
Alright, so here's the deal. As you may already know, we've got this National Championships event at Disney's Wide World of Sports on April 17 for college and high school teams. $100/team, free air, paint for $35 and up.

But because we're nice guys, we're giving everyone else a shot to play Disney on the cheap as well, as low as $300/team. Same pricing on air and paint, so this could be cheaper than a day playing recball.

So how's that support the college teams? Well, when you register, you get to pick your favorite college team that's playing the event, and they get $50 of free paint, just because you bothered to come play on Sunday.

And just to be clear, this event is going to rock - all-certified refs paid $150+ per day, backed by my over-zealous enforcement of the rules so everybody can have a fun time.

Anyway, this is your chance to play a top-quality event without breaking your bank. Hope to see you there.

More info: www.college-paintball.com/nationals

NCPA: Giving tournaments a good name since 2000.

- Chris

tyrion2323
03-13-2004, 12:28 AM
Chris,

Looks like Hobart and William Smith can't make it. I petitioned for the money, but our school decided to ignore us. They didn't even give us any of the money, and we're all too poor to get there on our own.

:( :( :(

Jacob
HWS Team Element
www.elementpaintball.us

raehl
03-13-2004, 12:33 AM
We've got buses going in various directions, might be able to find ya' a spot.

Or you could do the Purdue trick - start donating plasma now. ;)

- Chris

Sabotage Inc.
03-13-2004, 04:16 AM
uw platteville will own all.
support ncpa with out it i would die here in platteville

Methylphenidate
03-13-2004, 04:19 AM
booo uw platteville
milwaukee is where its at!!!
now if we only had an ncpa team

Lee
03-13-2004, 07:41 AM
raehl: hey guy, still looking for refs?
i sent you a couple emails as requested, but havn't heard back yet.

raehl
03-13-2004, 12:57 PM
Milwaukee used to have a team... but if it doesn'tknow, just grab 4 people and start one. Couple events in WI/IL at the end of the month, and they're fun and cheap.

As for refs, I have a pile of emails in a folder that I need to sort through, and I also need to talk to the guy doing the certification on Friday so we figure out who we're going to take.

Thanks,
Chris

Lee
03-13-2004, 07:36 PM
thanks for the update raehl.

even if you don't take me, i'd be interested in the certification class if you have enough room for an extra student. how many $$?

wimag
03-13-2004, 09:00 PM
Chris,
I am not sure if you hear this enough or not but you are TRULY an ambassador to this sport. It has been rather interesting to see your concept from it's inception turn out to what it is today. Good work out of you.

RenagadeOfFunk
03-13-2004, 09:24 PM
I MIGHT play since im going down to Florida during spring break so...but then again im the only one from my school of 4,681 students that plays paintball...

raehl
03-14-2004, 06:15 PM
We have a lot of people who come out and play just for fun, and a lot of people who play their first tournametn at NCPA events. We keep it clean and fun - none of that BS that other leagues tolerate that turns people off to tournament ball. And at $100/team, well, can't go wrong there, right? Play some ball on Saturday, hit up Disney on Sunday.

- Chris