PDA

View Full Version : Been a while - back into PB - couple of questions

xprod77
03-13-2004, 10:37 AM
Wow - it's been a while folks. Of course right after deciding to sell my custom built mag on Ebay because none of my buddies were really playing anymore - I find a new group to start playing with again! My luck - anyway, I am looking to hop on the ULE PRO package that AGD is offering through their online store. Couple of questions though becuase I like to customize my mags!

1) Is this body rail compatible with the new ULE bodies/RT PRO once I take out the barrel detent? Benchmark Rail (http://www.proteamdirect.com/bbenchmark17.html) - It stinks that you can get these nice new colors on the body and valve but not on the RAIL!

2) I had an Intelliframe with my old mag - I'm now looking at the Y-Grip - any opinions as to which is "better"?

- Thanks for any help/advice - and sorry if some of these questions have been asked before, I just haven't been around in a while.

X

pointm@n
03-13-2004, 10:44 AM
1. Yes you'll be able to pop out the twistlock assembly so that you can use the ULE Bodies

2. I think it's personal preference. I've never shot a Y-frame, but I've had an Intelli before.

Welcome back to the game :D

xprod77
03-13-2004, 11:16 AM
Nice! Thanks for the info - barrel assembly, yeah! That's what I meant! Now the question is - which color?? Blue or purple!?? Heh heh..

- Any other reviews on the Y-grip?

Thanks again - it's good to be back!

Xavier

breg
03-13-2004, 11:44 AM
Welcome back to the fold.

here is a link (http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/2154/) to pbreview.com's Y- grip review.

NJPaint
03-13-2004, 11:46 AM
The y-grip is the exact same thing as an I-frame. Functionally at least. They are different derivatives for hand position. The I-frame is your classic 45 grip and the y-frame is slightly swept forward. It is all personal preference at that point, something that you will want to hold before you buy.

xprod77
03-13-2004, 12:25 PM
That's the problem - I don't know ANYONE in Miami that has a Y-frame. I'm trying to get some opinions on what "feels" better. I've had an I-Frame and it was great - but the fact that your wrist is straighter with the Y-Frame sounds like it would provide a stronger more ergonomic hold of the marker. I know it's personal preference, I'm just looking for some opinions from players who have used both - because I know none down here. Unfortunately, I don't see many people shooting Mags in Miami..I, for one, would only shoot a Mag!

X

xprod77
03-13-2004, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the link Breg!

trains are bad
03-13-2004, 12:35 PM
I *LOVE* my ygrip. Wouldn't have anything else. It's definately something you have to try and see though.

It depends on your style and how you grip you marker and everything else. If you have shot and adapted to .45 frames and don't have major problems with them, you might not like the Y. It's not for everyone.

argnot
03-13-2004, 01:10 PM
I say get the y-grip cause they hold thier resale value and if you dont like there are a ton of people that would trade an intelli for a y. if you had to sell it at most you would lose about 5 bucks.

the_next_guy_
03-13-2004, 03:01 PM
Ya, if you don't like it, I'll trade you an intelli for it:D

Lord_Whoopass
03-13-2004, 03:58 PM
I have used a Y-grip, Intelli and logic vert frame(and even a Z-grip a while back)... I like the feel and functionality of the Y-grip the most... just feels so much nicer in your hands.. best looking is prolly the logic... but if your ordering a gun from agd your best bet would be to get a ULE custom with the Y-grip...

walker2287
03-13-2004, 04:26 PM
matt@fragtek.com is a very good dealer who deals in AGD stuff. send him a email
Jeff

xprod77
03-13-2004, 10:38 PM
Sounds good! Thanks all for the advice...think I'm going to go with the Y-Frame...even though the logic one looks sooo sweet.

X

acropilot19
03-14-2004, 11:41 AM
One thing you could try is get an intelli and hold it backwards ( barrel facing you ). this basicall replicates the angle of the Y and will give you an Idea of how it will sit it your hand.
;)