PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro's and pressure

Dude
09-25-2001, 04:16 PM
I've heard some people saying that you need to have an adjustable tank to get an RT to work properly. Is this the case with RT Pro's aswell? If it is what is the cheapest, but most reliable secondary regulator I can buy to lower my centerflag 420 hyperflow's pressure?

FeelTheRT
09-25-2001, 05:57 PM
well you COULD use a preset tank, but then you wouldn't be able to change the reactibility of the trigger. Ya ya i know your prolly thinking, psshh preset tank it is, but later on you'll want an adujustable so save your time and money and get an adjustable tank right off.

2000Sabre
09-25-2001, 07:39 PM
I don't think you need to get an adjustable tank to make the RT work well. A preset tank is going to deliver on average 800 to 850 PSI input to the marker. The markers internal reg is going to step it down to where it needs to be. The only advantage to an adjustable tank is that by changing the input pressure you can change the reactiveness of the trigger. The more pressure, the more reactive. Less pressure means less reactiveness.

I have an RT Pro and started with a preset PMI 88CU. It worked fine but I did add a PMI PE2001 secondary reg because I wanted to have the advantage of changing the trigger's reactiveness and still use my preset screw-in tank. I paid about $100.00 for the reg.

Here's a link to Big Boyz Toys. Their price for the reg. is 89.99http://www.bbtpaintball.com/expansion.html