PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Boomstick Worth it ???

HyperSnyper
09-25-2001, 04:17 PM
Hello all,
this is a trailer to my other post reguarding J&J's quality and performance. I currently have a 14 J&J 2 piece, but kinda got scared away from it due to recent findings from my shop attacking its quality reputation.

Anyway, I have a friend that has a Titanium Boomstick for an Autococker. He wil be moving up to either an Emag or Angel. Either gun, he needs to sell his old gear. He will be selling it to me for $110.

Is it worth it? I heard its suppose to shoot better, but understand why. Arent all barrels supposively a control bore section followed by a larger bore stabalizer tip? He claims that since the price is higher, and this series of Boomsticks are new and better, the quality will be way better.

Let me know what you guys thinl. And plz, no flames. Thx in advance. "HyperSnyper"

mac2k4
09-25-2001, 04:53 PM
Well the titanium boom sticks look really nice, and they are much lighter than the ironman boomsticks,
But in performance wise, besides being lighter don't shoot anybetter.
And they're great shooting barrels too.

But overall ya can get a new one from pbgear.com for $199.99

If thats the barrel ya want its a good deal.

FeelTheRT
09-25-2001, 05:47 PM
fine, i'll try not to flame, but the Titanium Boomers rn't any much "better" than any other barrel. the reason it's expensive is because... well because it's made of titanium. If your into light barrels, go for a Smart Parts Freak. Will weigh the same and about same price and theoreticaly, it's more accurate because it has different bore inserts to match your exact paint size.

magmanpaintball
09-25-2001, 06:29 PM
I think the titanium boomsitck is a major ripoff.

DarkPhoenix
09-25-2001, 07:03 PM
Being that your friend is selling the Ti Boomstick to you for that price, I would say that it is an excellent buy when you compare it to the price of a regular boomstick. Titanium is indeed a lighter metal. Despite the relative success of the Freak and other similar barel systems, if you are really into the boomstick go ahead and buy it. Personally, I like the Stock RT/RT Pro barels, I have had no problems with either.

toymyster
09-25-2001, 07:47 PM
For that kind of money, invest in a Freak set, and outshoot any boomstick!!!

Zumina
09-25-2001, 08:29 PM
when you pay for a DYE barrel, 70% of your money goes to "reputation value", and the other %30 to actual production costs.

Yama
09-25-2001, 08:33 PM
i herd they suck.

Steven
09-25-2001, 09:46 PM
Personaly I love mine. The 68 is not the lightest of guns and with my Armegeddon anything to make the gun lighter is a bonus :) As for quality they are the same a any other BoomStick.

Muzikman
09-26-2001, 08:25 AM
I hate any boomsticks. But I think the Ti boomstick is almost worth getting just to watch the sparks shoot out the end of the barrel when balls pass through it:) First time I saw this was at the IAO, I couldn't beleive it, it was really cool. Worth $200? No way...but still cool.

TheTramp
09-26-2001, 08:40 AM
Sparks?

PsychoMag
09-26-2001, 11:10 AM
if u never noticed, all DYE barrels are the same Design, minus the excel. they are just different material. I was stupid, and bought a 14" alum, 12" SS and a 12" boomie. they all shoot practically the same, xceptthe 14" was a bit moreto clean up. I think the titanium is a ripoff, and i saw it best here where it is 70% brand name, and 30% product. save your 110, and put it towards a better setup like a freak, or the CP version. at least get your $$ worth.
oh, and I dunno where the $199 for a enw ti boomie came from, but I see them everywhere for $149...