PDA

View Full Version : "Fantasy" goggles

Onryou
03-13-2004, 07:31 PM
I was looking at the Halo Armor that Nightmare Armor makes and a thought came to me. Why couldn't manufacturers make goggle systems that looked like that? Or any other sci-fi/fantasy headgear? They would be perfect for scenario games, and all it would need is a different mold for the mask part. They wouldn't have to be solid, they could be vented normally just so long as they have the shape.

f3rr3+
03-13-2004, 08:15 PM
link to nightmare armour?

RRfireblade
03-13-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by f3rr3+
link to nightmare armour?

http://www.nightmarearmor.com/

tyrion2323
03-13-2004, 09:45 PM
I'd buy a Boba Fett Mask!

PaintballSmurf13
03-13-2004, 10:26 PM
whats the armor for??

Halliday
03-13-2004, 10:33 PM
I run a chrome lens in my Gunmetal grey Morphs. Today I was told I looked like a "space alien."
:)

FooTemps
03-14-2004, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by PaintballSmurf13
whats the armor for??

It's for promotions and mascot stuff I'm guessing... or maybe just dressing up and scaring the kiddies during halloween

Tyger
03-14-2004, 03:10 AM
Don't under estimate the "Geek market". How many HALO fans with too much money would like a set of Halo armor? Probably a lot. Go to a con in it, get more photos taken of you than you then ever before.

It's like showing up to the field in new DYE clothing when everyone else has thier BDU's on?

-Tyger

breg
03-14-2004, 03:18 AM
It might be a hit with the scenario crowd. I've seen some pictures of some really cool costumes that folks have made up for this or that event.
Personally, I'd like a Strom Trooper Scout mask.
As for cons, we have areally small Sci Fi/Fantasy con every years here in Albuquerque called Bubonicon, last year some dude showed up in Sand Trooper armor, complete with a light repeating blaster. I thought it was cool and all, but I thought he was a tad dumb for showing up like that during a New Mexico Summer.

FooTemps
03-14-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Tyger
Don't under estimate the "Geek market". How many HALO fans with too much money would like a set of Halo armor? Probably a lot. Go to a con in it, get more photos taken of you than you then ever before.

It's like showing up to the field in new DYE clothing when everyone else has thier BDU's on?

-Tyger

That's true... Heck, I'd want that halo or deepeyes suit just for the sake of using it as a display piece. It'd be great for conversation. And if things really get boring, you could walk around in the suit. If that thing was atsm(or whatever that safety standard is called) approved, I'd probably wear one of those suits to the field... or maybe jsut the helmet.

LudavicoSoldier
03-14-2004, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Halliday
I run a chrome lens in my Gunmetal grey Morphs. Today I was told I looked like a "space alien."
:)

Ive got the same setup. The green Morph w/gold mirror lense has a more HALOish look though.

Phobos
03-14-2004, 10:19 AM
Sweet I was wonder how I could get heat stroke next! I will just whip on some cool looking armor grab my marker and run around outside while its 85 with a dewpoint of 80.:D

but it would be cool for Shatnerball or some other games.

TheDuelist
03-14-2004, 10:48 AM
Try 95 degree temps with 100% humidity. You need gills to breath down here.

1stdeadeye
03-14-2004, 12:16 PM
Maybe for a fall/winter game. But for a spring/summer game, you would die in that stuff!!!

Pacifist_Farmer
03-14-2004, 04:20 PM
yeah it always struck me as a good idea to put on my 3700 dollar molded suit and play paintball

getting hit of course would probably destroy the suit

50 cal
03-14-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Pacifist_Farmer
yeah it always struck me as a good idea to put on my 3700 dollar molded suit and play paintball

You probably couldn't get around very well either.

FooTemps
03-14-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Pacifist_Farmer

Yep! But you'd have a damn fun time wasting 4000 dollars in a few minutes! :p

Like I said, if the suit met saftey standards (which it most likely doesn't), I would give it a try. But since it probably doesn't, the suit would break... If it did though... that'd make an awesome scenario suit if it was ventilated somehow.

Phobos
03-14-2004, 08:03 PM
I want to play paintball in a giant sport-mascot suit. Like Crunch the T-wolf.

Tyger
03-14-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Phobos
I want to play paintball in a giant sport-mascot suit. Like Crunch the T-wolf.

No you don't.

-Tyger

octane2079
03-14-2004, 11:40 PM
A quote from their FAQ page

"We use a lot of materials. It starts off with our sculptures being molded over with silicon molding material. Then we apply industrial mother molds. The suit is cast out of industrial plastic. It's similar to medical grade plastic and as strong as fiberglass. The suit will weigh around 40-45 pounds and is distributed throughout your entire body. Although the costume armor is very durable, it is not bullet proof. It will easily stand up to a paintball. Keep in mind we will not give out all our secrets. So don't ask."

The faq page is pretty cool: http://www.nightmarearmor.com/FAQ.html

Intellimag
03-14-2004, 11:48 PM
You have no idea what I would do for a full suit of HALO armour! I mean not just plastic, I mean like a genuine suit. That would be awesome to wear.

Not on the field though, or coarse. I personally dont think it would be that cool to have a HALO mask on the feild because what good is the mask without the armour? And you would look like an idiot. haha, But you can go on and start your own trend. :p

Wes Janson
03-15-2004, 12:22 AM
Indeed, duelist. You know it's bad when at 6 PM the temperature outside has dropped to about 96/98 degrees. When you can walk out onto the back porch at dusk, sit down for five minutes, and stand up sweating....

magman007
03-15-2004, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by octane2079
We use a lot of materials. It starts off with our sculptures being molded over with silicon molding material. Then we apply industrial mother molds. The suit is cast out of industrial plastic. It's similar to medical grade plastic and as strong as fiberglass. The suit will weigh around 40-45 pounds and is distributed throughout your entire body. Although the costume armor is very durable, it is not bullet proof. It will easily stand up to a paintball. Keep in mind we will not give out all our secrets. So don't ask.

The faq page is pretty cool: http://www.nightmarearmor.com/FAQ.html

Hey, I first off would like to welcome you here to AO! And, i hope you find time to stick around. Also, your suits are amazing! i am truely impressed with the work that has gone into them. Also, will you be putting prices on the halo stuff soon?

octane2079
03-15-2004, 01:25 PM
whoa magman I'm not affiliated with nightmare armor in any way, though i am obsessed with HALO, I just posted some info from their faq page sorry for the mix up.
I appreciate the kind welcome and it looks like AO is gonna be my favorite paintball forum.(besides the A5OG of course)