PDA

View Full Version : What is the world's obsession with Dynasty?

m-98
03-13-2004, 10:55 PM
Just like the title says. I was at PBN and checking out their section of the forums, and people seem to worship them. They're a good team, they win a lot, so what. Am I weird for not caring?

03-13-2004, 10:59 PM
Yeah why are people so obsessed with the yankees. I know a kid who lives in Ohio and cheers for the yankees. They win and I know Greenspan is a nice guy cause i met him and Ollie had dinner with my team at Skyball unfortunately I couldnt go because of financial problems.

hobbesTZ
03-13-2004, 10:59 PM
No, it just shows that you're not a n00b :D

m-98
03-13-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by 845
Yeah why are people so obsessed with the yankees. I know a kid who lives in Ohio and cheers for the yankees.

It's the same way with the Red Wings, in SI they did polls in every state and a lot of states like the Wings.

BobTheCow
03-13-2004, 11:02 PM
Fair-weathered fans, they look to root for the winners. Same in any sport.

03-13-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by m-98

It's the same way with the Red Wings, in SI they did polls in every state and a lot of states like the Wings.

Someone got to tell those guys its all about the Devils.:p

frenchman309
03-13-2004, 11:05 PM
People like to be associated with winners, it's as simple as that.

m-98
03-13-2004, 11:07 PM
So these people think that they are somehow better because a team they like is good. Well, thanks for answering to quickly.

tyrion2323
03-13-2004, 11:08 PM
I take offense to the assumption that Dynasty fans are "fair weather fans" and "want to be associated with winners."

I have been a fan since their first season as a professional team. This is about 3 years ago - before they were the "machine" that they are today. I'm not a blind fanboy, but I certainly have supported them in the past, and will continue to do so.

They're not my only favorite team (Lockout [gone], AGD PRIDE, Element [my team!]) but I have been a fan even before they were considered to be a great team.

That being said, most of those PBNers are fanboys, as their only answers to criticism is "you are so gay."

Jacob

BobTheCow
03-13-2004, 11:13 PM
True, my response was rather broad and obviously doesn't apply to everybody out there... just most people. :) Like those PBNers he was describing.

nuclear zombie
03-13-2004, 11:30 PM
I don't care about any sports anymore , very few people care about the game more than the money.

I live in Kentucky where most everyone loves college basketball , but after going to college here and seeing how much money a college spends on basketball that should be going towards education, it makes me tend to hate it . A college is just another business.

Somehow I find it impossible to worship , admire , or look up to anyone because they dedicated their life to playing sports.

And that concludes my rant titled "Why I Dislike Professional Sports: The Fans That Feed The Stupidity"

have a nice day !:D

.tMan
03-13-2004, 11:37 PM
Well people like dynasty because they are basically unbeatable. You have to admire their skills, even if you don't like them.

I on the other hand cheer for BC or whoever else is playing.

WenULiVeUdiE
03-13-2004, 11:46 PM
They're the "best team in the world". This is just like during the world series. Everyone says Go Yanks and all, but after they loose or before the play no one cares about them. They are better tham most people and everyone wants to be like them. They have one of the best sponsorships, but from the worst company, the best players, and the best team. People like winners. I hate Dyansty for that. They themselves are a business in a way. Let them rot. Every empire(or in the case Dynasty) will fall eventually. Maybe if we break into their house and steal al ltheir clothes and everything they will loose.

~WarpedRT#2~
03-14-2004, 11:10 AM
I hate Dynasty. Right here and now, everyone will learn my team of choice, before they get popular. Arsenal.

Digits
03-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Dynasty is the shizzle.. I mean come on, how can you not have respects for them.. They started from the ground and worked there way up.. Great team IMO

Maffer
03-14-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by nuclear zombie
I don't care about any sports anymore , very few people care about the game more than the money.

I live in Kentucky where most everyone loves college basketball , but after going to college here and seeing how much money a college spends on basketball that should be going towards education, it makes me tend to hate it . A college is just another business.

Somehow I find it impossible to worship , admire , or look up to anyone because they dedicated their life to playing sports.

And that concludes my rant titled "Why I Dislike Professional Sports: The Fans That Feed The Stupidity"

I live in Ohio, where almost everybody likes college basketball. You seem to be missing the point... those players don't get paid. Of corse, the college has to spend a lot of money to transport the players and maintain the arena, stuff like that, but that is the college's decision. and yes, a college is a buisness. The buisness of teaching people. it's not what most people want or like to hear, but this world does revolve around money these days. One of the people that I looked up to was Dale Earnhardt. Sure, the guy was filthy rich- but he also loved his sport and helped to push it to it's insane limits. If you can't respect someone like that just because that make a heafty check, well I really don't know what to tell you is wrong with you.

Fred
03-14-2004, 04:00 PM
I don't get it either.

Yeah, they may be good and win stuff... but... so what?

---Fred

m-98
03-14-2004, 06:40 PM
People on PBN say that this forum is a cult, but that place is a lot worse. It's kinda funny actually.

tony3
03-14-2004, 06:57 PM
This place is a cult, I pray to Tom 3 times a day.

Mag89
03-14-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by tyrion2323

They're not my only favorite team (Lockout [gone], AGD PRIDE, Element [my team!]) but I have been a fan even before they were considered to be a great team.

Jacob 0\

Lockout left??? when??

walker2287
03-14-2004, 07:29 PM
hey bob i think everyone likes dynasty cuz they have shoockers. mwahahaha when u guys get urs ull get the same thing. just watch;) :p

FooTemps
03-14-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by tony3
This place is a cult, I pray to Tom 3 times a day.

ONLY 3!?! tsk tsk tsk... that means you have to donate 5 times more than when you pray 10 times a day!

:p

lol

yeahthatsme
03-14-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by nuclear zombie

the whole thing about the basketball thing though, is that colleges do that becuase a good team brings in more students.

skife
03-14-2004, 09:38 PM
I like BC better than dynasty

They use spyders (spyder clones now i think)
But they did use spyders to be dynasty

bokraham
03-14-2004, 10:07 PM
The answer can be summed up in a "get fuzzy" cartoon

Rob: now you're only wearing that yankees hat because I began to wear my red sox's hat.

Bucky: Now rob I'm a winner, and so are the yankers, thus I pull for the yankers.

Rob: YANKEES, YANKEES!

Bucky: Hey, now you're cheering for them.

That wan not an accurate portrayal of the cartoon, but I don't have my comic book right infront of me, so if you are a "get fuzzy" fanatic, like me, please don't kill me.