PDA

View Full Version : What upgrade should I buy next???

digdug18
03-13-2004, 11:06 PM
I've got a right powerfeed LX mag running on nitrogen. Should I go with a ULE body or an X-valve next for an upgrade?

I'm kinda mixed between the two, the X-valve gives me increased consistantly and increased ROF, but the ULE body gives me increased accuracy and increased range. I'm kinda torn between the two if you know what i mean....I'd buy them both at once but I think the bank would get kinda pissed if I don't pay my car payment for 2 months...

Andrew

RRfireblade
03-13-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by digdug18
the ULE body gives me increased accuracy and increased range.

I'd like to hear that explained in greater detail.

ghideon
03-14-2004, 01:40 AM
Neither the ULE body or the X Valve will give you a performance boost, unless you're upgrading from a classic valve to an X Valve.

Going with either will lighten your setup (more so with the ULE body). Going with the ULE body will give you access to cocker threaded barrels and Angel threaded feed necks, which is nice.

Morally0Confused
03-15-2004, 03:29 AM
i was decieding to go for a y frame or a x-valve (had a classic)
decieded to go for X since it was 2 upgrades

couldnt be happier

Skywalker
03-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade

I'd like to hear that explained in greater detail.

i thought one of the ideas of having cocker threads was to prevent the ball from jumping around in the breach; therefore, more accuracy.

White_Noise
03-16-2004, 01:09 AM
idea behind cocker threads is because theyre the most popular barrel thread out there. because the mag bolt is normally open, the barrel wont affect how it sits in the breech

tonybhall
03-16-2004, 07:14 AM
Don't forget, if you get the x-valve it comes with a level X so you could sell the one you already have. That will get you some extra money towards the ULE body which is great.

Bryan
Team Mag Daddies

Morally0Confused
03-16-2004, 03:06 PM
i read accuracy is increased with cocker threads during rapid fire. due to less barrel movement

verypoormagowner
03-16-2004, 05:54 PM
Im having trouble understanding how cocker threads would ahve anything to do with the barrek moving around. Possibly you could argue that threaded barrels move less than the twist lock barrels but the fact that it is cocker threaded would have no other impact. I thought one of the points of having a twist lock barrel was that it doesnt come loose when fring which is a problm with some threaded barrels during rapid fire. The only reason it is cocker threaded is beacause they are more avaialbe and beacsue many people do not like taking off twist lock barrels.

awwdavy
03-16-2004, 09:12 PM
I think it would slightly increase accuracy or consistency because aftermarket mag barrels are not always correctly fitted to the bolt. Since the mag barrel is also the breach, an afterbarket barrel that is not prefectly matched with the bolt will be less efficient and possibly accurate than if the breach and bolt were matched like with threaded barrels. I dunno really i just read things in other threads and dont have any actual experience with it.

Morally0Confused
03-17-2004, 12:09 AM
the point of twist lock is for a quick clean incase of ball break

Kevn 419
03-17-2004, 07:46 PM
i got the same question as the thread starter... what upgrade shall i get next?

heres my setup i got now...

rt classic
lvl 10
rt valve
agd 68 3000 flatline n2 tank
14" boomstick
revolution hopper with x-board

hehe thats pretty much it... i was thinkin about gettin an intelliframe. im in a touney now and the winning pot is $200-220, my team is in first so its lookin good. if i do get that money, what upgrade should i get?

trains are bad
03-17-2004, 08:08 PM
Since the mag barrel is also the breach, an afterbarket barrel that is not prefectly matched with the bolt will be less efficient and possibly accurate than if the breach and bolt were matched like with threaded barrels.

this is true. w/ the cocker threaded barrels AGD has control over the tolerances.

SpchMag
03-17-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by digdug18
ULE body gives me increased accuracy and increased range.
Andrew [/B]

No it does not.