PDA

View Full Version : Guitar players thread

Rrok
09-25-2001, 05:28 PM
It's come the time where I have run out of good acoustic guitar songs to learn. I really like to fingerpick, so if you can think of any good ones PLEASE post them here!

Rrok

P.S if you have any other guitar related info, post it here! So I can find it all under one thread.

Thanks again!

irbodden
09-25-2001, 05:31 PM
I play bass, but my dad plays guitar and fingerpicks. Have you tryed Keb' Mo, Gary Davis etc.?

a_malfunction
09-25-2001, 10:13 PM
I took my fisrt lesson saturday.... does that make me a guitar player?

Flamebo
09-25-2001, 10:27 PM
I play guitar, but mostly punk nowadays which doesn't really apply here.

cphilip
09-26-2001, 06:27 AM
Finger pick or Flat pick? My guess is if you are not into Bluegrass its finger pick. So I can't help much as most of the stuff I could give you is Flat picking bluegrass stuff.

We ccan however exchange Guitar info. Me? I have a CF Martin D-18 Vintage. In addition to the stock stuff it has a McIntire Pickup and Walrus Ivory Pins, Bridge and Saddle. A Bluegrass players Dream.

See it here under Vintage Series and then D-18V:

http://www.mguitar.com/MartinGuitar/index.asp

MaGSkEr
09-26-2001, 04:46 PM
I play guitar. Been playing just under a year now. I play all punk, and alot of weezer.

***Side note***
All of you who the CD "Eric Clapton Unplugged" , i want you to go get it right now. See that guitar he's holding?? Well my uncle has it. Darn nice Accoustic/electric.

irbodden
09-26-2001, 07:21 PM
Um.. glad for your uncle, I can name many good players that have the same guitars my dad has, I still hate his music. My dad plays blue grass, southern ragtimeish blues stuff :( I like classic rock, electro blues, I suck at the guitar though. I play the bass.. its the AB 30, looks like the one in the link except has four chrome controls and they are better placed IMO.

http://www.bunnybass.com/bass/washburnAB40.shtml

I want a cheap trashed up Fender P-bass like all torn up for playing easy rock and punk music. I dont like punk anyways, punk is SO easy to play.

cphilip
09-26-2001, 09:05 PM
FYI Eric Clapton played a Martin on that CD. And Martin Makes a Special Edition Eric Clapton Model

LizzaRTgirl14
09-27-2001, 03:02 PM
I have a guitar.. love it(the guitar itself, not my guitar and about to get another. I don;t have any songs I can tell you about, but my current guitar is a BlueRidge (I don't like it much)6 string Acoustic and the one I'm getting here soon is a custom (kinda) KayK Electric. I'm getting the guitar, amp, case, stand, strap and so much more for the small price of $200!