PDA

View Full Version : ICD Freestyle... super sexy

DyNasTy
03-14-2004, 01:22 AM
What do you get when you cross

DM4 + Timmy + ICD = Hotness...

ICD is currently taking pre-orders on this machine, and this is ICD's attempt to get back into the higher end/pro scene of paintball and show they are here to dominate the rest.

ICD has always been a great company im glad they finally made a marker to represent them the way it should, I loved the shocktech bushmaster and still think its the best ICD/Shocktech has and will ever produce but I thikn im going to have to pick one of these up as well.

MSRP: $1050.00 USD estimate

Blow forward design
air recocks marker, not spring.
Smaller and lighter then current ICD lineup.
Comes with a drop forward and On/off.
Standard with PDS.
Fade colors.
Clamshell grip.
Rear mounted on/off LED Switches
Green for Power
Red for PDS
easily outshoots a Bushy!
Cocker threaded barrell
Clamping feedneck
Microswitch mounted with Screws (NO pushpins!)
four-way adjustable Trigger
Easy field stripping
New style rebuildable balldetent system.(no orings, cleans easily, stiffer to reduce double feeding)
3D milling
well balanced feel.
Shoots lighting fast *60 bps board * !!!!
operating pressure is 260psi

DyNasTy
03-14-2004, 01:23 AM
Heres a link to pics and other specs:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=433002

QUINCYMASSGUY
03-14-2004, 01:34 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128929

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127536

I'm definitely not going to flame and other people shouldn't because these threads were buried pretty deep, but this has been discussed before. The marker looks ok, I'm still very curious to see a schematic to see exactly how it works. Do you have a link to that? It'd definitely be welcome here.

DyNasTy
03-14-2004, 01:41 AM
it hasnt been released yet but i was told it has a venturi face delrin bolt, and it is pretty much a matrix, it supposidly fits together like a "puzzle" where thiers a center screw holding the back on which u take out and remove the whole top part ot get to the bolt assembly.

O_o
03-14-2004, 03:23 AM
Better pics:
http://www.hunt101.com/img/114477.jpg
http://www.hunt101.com/img/114476.jpg
http://www.hunt101.com/img/114594.jpg

Halo looks like a blimp on that thing

Video (stock):
http://svr46.ehostpros.com/~icdown46/movies/Freestyle.mov
It'll be a lot faster with a Chaos or something

It works similar to their old Desert Fox, except more pneumatically. Kind of like a mag and trix hybrid. Specs and stuff can be seen at http://www.obod.net

50 cal
03-14-2004, 04:29 PM
Sorry, it's butt ugly. Wouldn't be caught at an outlaw field with that thing.

WARPED1
03-14-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by 50 cal
Sorry, it's butt ugly. Wouldn't be caught at an outlaw field with that thing. This or a DM4, I don't care how fast it shoots.

Sparq
03-14-2004, 04:44 PM
Yes, the Freestyle is indeed an abomination among paintguns.

WARPED1
03-14-2004, 04:50 PM
But thats the new style in pb, so expect lots of guns off the Star Trek set...........

No sKiLLz
03-14-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
This or a DM4, I don't care how fast it shoots.

I'd rather be roping in the game with an ugly gun than holding a pretty one up in the air as I walk off the field.

Steelrat
03-14-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz

I'd rather be roping in the game with an ugly gun than holding a pretty one up in the air as I walk off the field.

We AKA owners have been reciting that mantra for a while now ;)

No sKiLLz
03-14-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Steelrat

We AKA owners have been reciting that mantra for a while now ;)

No you haven't. I just thought of that. :mad:

Ov3rmind
03-14-2004, 07:22 PM
But thats the new style in pb, so expect lots of guns off the Star Trek set...........
It really depresses me.

Steelrat
03-14-2004, 07:26 PM

No you haven't. I just thought of that. :mad:

Well, something LIKE that. Didn't realize you had copyrighted that. Do you work for Smart Parts, by any chance ;)

No sKiLLz
03-14-2004, 07:36 PM

Well, something LIKE that. Didn't realize you had copyrighted that. Do you work for Smart Parts, by any chance ;)

Ouch. :( J/K.

Speaking of which, saw a Dynasty Shocker yesterday. Tis a fugly piece of modern art. It reminds me of something two incestual, former patent lawyer Nazi's would create after a bad game of butt darts.

gibby
03-14-2004, 07:38 PM
LOL!! If only Starbase was still around, I'm sure he'd try to take credit for how the style of pb is heading towards! We'd never hear the end of it!

yeahthatsme
03-14-2004, 07:43 PM
that gun=bleh, sounds like its gonna be an over-sized shocker....

joshweinerhead
03-14-2004, 07:48 PM
its just so ugly ...

Cryer
03-14-2004, 07:49 PM
I didnt think someone could actually do worse than the milling of the DM4, but somehow, ICD pulls it off...

EDIT allthough, now that I look at it, it looks like ICD was trying to mimic the dm4's looks... :confused:

Steelrat
03-14-2004, 07:50 PM
LOL No Skillz. Im feeling the love :D

The Dynasty Shocker HAS to be good. I mean, its got chinese characters on it.

No sKiLLz
03-14-2004, 08:12 PM
LOL No Skillz. Im feeling the love :D

The Dynasty Shocker HAS to be good. I mean, its got chinese characters on it.

They do nothing to the internals. It's such a waste of money.

Steelrat
03-14-2004, 08:20 PM
But, but, but, the Chinese characters...

The only "shocking" thing about it is that people will buy them up like crazy, knowing that the premium price just represents money going into Dynasty's coffers.

WARPED1
03-14-2004, 09:27 PM

I'd rather be roping in the game with an ugly gun than holding a pretty one up in the air as I walk off the field. Try hitting what you aim at.:p I hit what I aim at within 5-10 shots. If you need to look up aim(not AOL Instant Messanger) try www.dictionary.com
Please note: humor contained in last statement.

Goldie D Pimp
03-14-2004, 09:53 PM
I just posted some videos, one of which is the freestyle

http://www.vaporworks.net/media.htm

robdamanii
03-15-2004, 08:55 AM
I'd like to know the mechanism of operation. I hear it's blow forward electro???

And it's just hideous besides. The DM4 actually looks pretty good in person, I do have to say. It's smaller than it looks in pictures, and it isn't bad looking at all, at least in black to blue dust fade.

Gabriel
03-15-2004, 09:18 AM
I call BS. Look at the linked threads, there is a totally un-annoed, gutless body on a normal carpet. and then the pics up top? A totally finished product being placed against cardboard boxes for a photoshoot? i know ICD had to pay on this settelment, but enough to not be able to do a normal shoot? Come on, yall.

I bet its a custom production by a new company that wants to circulate it being under a well-established firm, then to say, no someone else started that rumor. I mean, if there is a demand, then people will buy. But the chances of a demand for a custom one-gun company is not going to be too high in today'S paintball.

Gabe

AO's resident conspiracy theorist

Mindflux
03-15-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Gabriel
I call BS. Look at the linked threads, there is a totally un-annoed, gutless body on a normal carpet. and then the pics up top? A totally finished product being placed against cardboard boxes for a photoshoot? i know ICD had to pay on this settelment, but enough to not be able to do a normal shoot? Come on, yall.

I bet its a custom production by a new company that wants to circulate it being under a well-established firm, then to say, no someone else started that rumor. I mean, if there is a demand, then people will buy. But the chances of a demand for a custom one-gun company is not going to be too high in today'S paintball.

Gabe

AO's resident conspiracy theorist

Did you bother to check icdpaintball.com?

:rolleyes:

fallout11
03-15-2004, 09:55 AM
Ouch! :D

Nice one, Mindflux.

Yes, this marker has been in development for over a year now.
It is also the reason why ICD settled with Smart Parts.
They had a fortune tied up in R&D, prototyping, and tooling costs, and had to be able to market and sell it.

WARPED1
03-15-2004, 11:22 AM
If it's BS, how do you explain the Vaporworks Chaos Entropy vids? Looks real to me..............

No sKiLLz
03-15-2004, 12:48 PM
Try hitting what you aim at.:p I hit what I aim at within 5-10 shots. If you need to look up aim(not AOL Instant Messanger) try www.dictionary.com
Please note: humor contained in last statement.

Well, then I suggest you aim at my post, read it 5-10 times and then you will get the point.:rolleyes:

WARPED1
03-15-2004, 12:51 PM
Man, no one can take a joke here! Settle, loosen up!

No sKiLLz
03-15-2004, 01:16 PM
You didn't think my response was funny?

WARPED1
03-15-2004, 01:24 PM
No. See smilies denote emotion, :D :p ;) denote humor.
I didn't see a smiley.

No sKiLLz
03-15-2004, 01:41 PM
Smart Parts sued my smiley because he was circular like their logo.

Gabriel
03-15-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Mindflux

Did you bother to check icdpaintball.com?

:rolleyes:

hehe, nope... :D :(

Sorry, brain fart

WARPED1
03-15-2004, 02:01 PM
Smart Parts sued my smiley because he was circular like their logo. Funny!:D

fallout11
03-16-2004, 08:04 AM
Hey, yeah, they have a patent on all "round objects" now.