PDA

View Full Version : Leaking air

Automag
09-25-2001, 06:02 PM
No matter what tank or even kind of air I use my gun keeps leaking through the hole in the bank where i stick an allen wrench in to change the velocity on my automag 68 classic. It leaks all the time and I'm losing a lot of air that way. Especially when i use my compressed air tank. What do you think it is and how in the heck am i supposed to fix it. I changed all the o-rings and everything tonight and it still leaks. Well thanks for the help and I hope someone can reply and help me soon before the big scenario game i gotta play in. Well thanks a bundle. Brandon

krafty
09-25-2001, 06:07 PM
Did you replace the reg seat?

Automag
09-25-2001, 06:13 PM
I don't know how to do that... I just got my mag and I'm pretty new at paintball....I've only been playing like 6 months i still consider myself a newbie. I don't even know where to buy one of those. Could it be anything else.
Brandon

skipdogg
09-26-2001, 08:18 AM
Is your velocity too high?? if its too high the mag will engage its blow off mechanism which means the extra pressure is released through the velocity adjusting hole.

veteranmag
09-26-2001, 01:45 PM
I agree with skippdog. If you've checked the o-rings already, it's probably that you've adjusted the velocity too high. I had the same problem, I couldn't get my shots above 280 so I kept increasing the velocity adjustment nut higher and higher - and then air kept coming out the back. It turned out the paint that day was really small for my barrel (hence the velocity problem). Once I switched to a smaller bore barrel and decreased the velocity setting, the leak stopped.

Here's one way to check. Take your paintball and put it in your barrel past the nubbin, if it rolls out, you need to swap barrels or paint.

Automag
09-26-2001, 04:51 PM
Alright thanks for all the help all.

BlackVCG
09-26-2001, 05:55 PM
Are you sure you replaced the piston o-ring? Unscrew the velocity adjuster and pull out the black spring pack. Then with the long end of an allen wrench or a dental pick, you can grab the side of the piston and pull it out. Or, if you have a parts kit, unscrew the rear reg. body and pull out the reg. seat (hockey-puck shaped seal). Take a tooth pick and push the piston out the center hole. Pull off the o-ring on the brass piston and replace it. Oil it and put in a NEW reg. seat. Put a bit of oil on the reg. seat and then screw the reg back onto the front valve body. Insert the spring pack back in behind the piston the way it came out and then tighten the velocity adjuster just to where it starts to build tension. That should be enough to get the gun to fire. Take it to the chrono range and dial it in to the velocity you want.