PDA

View Full Version : best clamping feedneck

Methylphenidate
03-14-2004, 02:44 PM
well as the title says i am interested in finding out what you people in ao land think is the best clamping feed neck.
i have a ule body on my gun so it has to come with angel threads. other than that i am just sick of sanding down my halo feed neck to make it fit. so have at it what do you guys think is the best? and where can i get one?

funkykarl
03-14-2004, 02:49 PM
The most popular choice would be the CCM no rise. Especially if you're using a halo.

Creative Mayhem
03-14-2004, 04:38 PM
RogueFactor here on AO makes the best clamping neck and he's "in the know" when it comes to mags. Check them out... RogueFactor Clamping necks (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113809)

tyrion2323
03-14-2004, 05:20 PM
I would check out the Hybrid HedLok.

www.hybrid-paintball.com

joshweinerhead
03-14-2004, 05:27 PM
FBM Choke Chain they rock

member#10,261
03-14-2004, 05:33 PM
CCM no rise

M

GT
03-14-2004, 07:29 PM
ccm> everything else

RoadDawg
03-14-2004, 07:51 PM
Roguenecks are the bomb.

Creative Mayhem
03-14-2004, 07:53 PM
ROGUEFACTOR!!!!!

Support your local AO dealer... not to mention these things rock!

ka-mag68
03-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Hey:

I have a RogueNeck and it has to be the best Feedneck I have ever owned. It rocks.

Thanks RogueFactor Again,

Ka-mag68

angelbeast24
03-14-2004, 08:16 PM
ccm no rise

Carbon
03-14-2004, 09:25 PM
any tooless clamping feedneck would work for me.

Cryer
03-14-2004, 09:38 PM
The thing about the rogueneck and a+ neck and the like is you still have to sand down the hoppers feed neck to fit...

With my Checkit, I didnt have to. I love it. I would have rather had a CCM norise, but at the time I bought it, CCM didnt make an angel no-rise (they do now...)

Get a CCM, they have a lifetime warranty and you dont have to sand down your hoppers neck

RT pRo AuToMaG
03-14-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by tyrion2323
I would check out the Hybrid HedLok.

www.hybrid-paintball.com

I forgot where I was reading it, but someone had a HedLok and he stripped the feedneck or something like that.

Go with a CCM or Roughneck.

Jon/xpm
03-14-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Cryer
The thing about the rogueneck and a+ neck and the like is you still have to sand down the hoppers feed neck to fit...

With my Checkit, I didnt have to. I love it. I would have rather had a CCM norise, but at the time I bought it, CCM didnt make an angel no-rise (they do now...)

Get a CCM, they have a lifetime warranty and you dont have to sand down your hoppers neck

^What he said :)
ps:Cryer empty your pm box!

Methylphenidate
03-15-2004, 12:00 AM
how long will that be???
from all the feednacks mentioned i like the looks of your feedneck the best but like i said i hate all the sanding

-=Squid=-
03-15-2004, 12:55 AM
A lot of people on AO will recommend the rogueneck, for obvious reasons, but I wouldnt. I have had experience with the clamping feeds where you have to manually (with your hands) clamp it... this to me is silly. Unless you do it all goofy, you CANNOT get a strong clamp. CCM > all others, simply because it uses a strap and an allen wrench to clamp it.

Steelrat
03-15-2004, 01:07 AM
BP no-rider, lowest neck out there. Not sure how many guns they are made for right now. Generally, I think the allen-type clamping necks, like the CCM, are superior to the twist-clamp ones, like the WGP or Rogue one, though those necks aint that bad.

-=Squid=-
03-15-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Steelrat
BP no-rider, lowest neck out there. Not sure how many guns they are made for right now. Generally, I think the allen-type clamping necks, like the CCM, are superior to the twist-clamp ones, like the WGP or Rogue one, though those necks aint that bad. I would have recommended the BP, but do they make them threaded for anything but viking/excaliburs?

RoadDawg
03-15-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
A lot of people on AO will recommend the rogueneck, for obvious reasons, but I wouldnt. I have had experience with the clamping feeds where you have to manually (with your hands) clamp it... this to me is silly. Unless you do it all goofy, you CANNOT get a strong clamp. CCM > all others, simply because it uses a strap and an allen wrench to clamp it.

Have you used a rogueneck? Truthfully you make it sound like it's tough. It isn't. It requires no tools, and get's incredibly tight by hand. IMO it looks nicer then ANY of the clamping necks I've seen on this board. Either way. People recommend the RogueNeck because THEY LIKE IT and use it.

-=Squid=-
03-15-2004, 10:35 AM
Yes, ive used an A+ (The same as yours) You CANNOT adjust it with your hopper ON The neck already, and if you are you need to be on the freaking power team. I find being able to fine tune it with an allen wrench much easier than PRE adjusting and cramming it on there.

Oh, and now the feedneck determines whether or not you play aggresive? :confused:

-=Squid=-
03-15-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by RogueFactor

If you are still confused, PM me your phone number and Id be happy to call you and explain. Thats a bit creepy...

Im not confused about anything. As far as I know, its just a feedneck with threaded prongs that bend inward and outward, with a cover that twists them forward or back, IE clamping. How could it be different? :confused:

tyrion2323
03-15-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by RT pRo AuToMaG

I forgot where I was reading it, but someone had a HedLok and he stripped the feedneck or something like that.

Go with a CCM or Roughneck.

I don't understand how the ineptitude of a user equals a bad product... Lots of products get damaged in the hands of people who don't know how to use them.

Hybrid makes wonderful stuff. If you're still skeptical, the RogueNeck is pretty darned nice I hear.

GA Devil
03-15-2004, 11:42 AM
I recommend the rouge feedneck or a check it low rise.

rkjunior303
03-15-2004, 11:43 AM
I've had good luck with my check-it clamping

Cryer
03-15-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by RogueFactor
A neck that fits too tight does not have any *give*. Take a hard dive into a bunker with a *no-give* neck, and your loader can snap off much easier than one with give. Is that an advantage?

With the twister style, it has give. For those who play aggressive, having this *give* is an advantage. You may find it a disadvantage---but for some its not.

To each their own!

Thats why I like the Checkit and CCM style. I adjust the screw down to what I like to give the hopper a little leeway and it stays. I have to be honest, I havent used yours, reson being, I didnt want to sand down the hopper neck... You say you're going to change the, tho?

GT
03-15-2004, 12:20 PM
Thats a bit creepy...

Why? Did you know that AO has get togthers where we actuallty stop posting for a weekend and actually play? How about getting a room with these same people yet never meeting them until that evening?

There are a number of AO'rs, whom I have never meet in the real world, that are more than welcome to stay at my place. Creepy>? No, its just that AO is alittle different than any of the other crap out there.

jb

No sKiLLz
03-15-2004, 12:21 PM
Thats a bit creepy...

Why are you so homophobic? He was offering to inform you, not spank you with a Rogue Rail.:rolleyes:

RoadDawg
03-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Not creepy at all. He has the same thought process as me on this subject. It's just easier to explain it over the phone then the internet. Even better is in person but I doubt he'd fly clear to Ark. to explain how his clamping neck works.

No sKiLLz
03-15-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi
There are a number of AO'rs, whom I have never meet in the real world, that are more than welcome to stay at my place. Creepy>? No, its just that AO is alittle different than any of the other crap out there.

jb

Hey dude, I just blew up my meth lab. Can I set up in your basement for a while?

young7786
03-15-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Cryer

Whats the point of buying the rogueneck if you still need to sand your hopper to fit? Btw whats the difference between an adjustable feed neck and a clamping feed neck? I thought they were both supposed to fit all hoppers without sanding, but obviously I'm mistaken.

-=Squid=-
03-15-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi

Why? Did you know that AO has get togthers where we actuallty stop posting for a weekend and actually play? How about getting a room with these same people yet never meeting them until that evening?

jb Same as I... in fact, I went to the memphis indoor for 3 days with Nick Vest, among other AO'ers whom I had NEVER met or talked to... they even picked me up at my home...

The "Creepy" comment was a joke of sorts, just because I found it a bit funny to be asked of my phone number so a man can call me and explain... im not really sure how it would make it easier. You guys just have the mentality that im bashing his product, but ive said it before and ill say it again, I dont see how a manual clamping feed could be more practical or better than one which you use an allen wrench... to each his own. We all know I recommend a lot of his products to people, so its obvious I got no problem with him.

EDIT: You ARE right, AO is different than most other forums... AOers have let me borrow DVD's, called me to discuss topics on the forum, etc... Like I said... I was making a joke of it. Badiddly.

EDIT: Im not homophobic. Not homosexual either. You guys just overanalyzed my statement ;)

Cryer
03-15-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by young7786

Whats the point of buying the rogueneck if you still need to sand your hopper to fit? Btw whats the difference between an adjustable feed neck and a clamping feed neck? I thought they were both supposed to fit all hoppers without sanding, but obviously I'm mistaken.
HALO's are meant to be sanded down...

Evlutions, however, are fairly infamous for their weak platic parts. You always hear about something breaking, especially the feedneck.

If I had a HALO, I wouldnt be so concerned, (Id still look for one I dont have to sand to use... Im lazy:p) but I own an Egg and I figure, the more plastic that stays on the feed neck, the better. ;)

I dont think theres any difference really between clamping and adjustable feednecks... There are just a couple of different styles. Not sure if either name is directly associated with any one type in particular.

SwinGenX
06-14-2004, 09:51 PM
Wish I had read this before I purchased my Rogueneck. It is a GREAT product, but I bought it with the intention of NOT sanding down my HALO B. Entirely my own fault. Like I said, Rogue does GREAT work, I am just not as motivated as some people. I really don't want to sand, but it is cheaper than buying another feedneck. :D

RoadDawg
06-14-2004, 11:05 PM
Well the new RogueNeck doesn't require sanding. Just bend out the prongs. So now it fits ALL hoppers w/o sanding. :headbang: