PDA

View Full Version : Paintball in a Kia television commercial

paint magnet
03-14-2004, 04:30 PM
I was watching Law & Order SVU last night on NBC, and when the commercial break came on, I pretty much stopped paying attention...until I saw something out of the corner of my eye that looked like a hopper.

I looked at the TV and, sure enough, there were two guys crawling on their bellies holding what appeared to be vertical feed E-Spyders. The one on the right had a Ricochet hopper, and the one on the left had either a VL-200 or a Revolution...couldn't tell from the front. Anyway, these two guys are talking and they crawl up behind a log in the middle of a field.

Both are wearing face masks (YAY! Finally :) ) and are doing the usual discussion where one bought the Toyota product and the guy that bought the Kia tells him he got a 10 year warranty...etc, etc. When the guy on the right tells the guy on the left about the warranty, he pokes his head up and says, "What?!? I didn't get a 10 year warranty with my Toyota!" and then gets shot about 5 times from unseen opponents. He was wearing what looked like an ancient Stalker mask (only came down to just below his nose) and the other guy had on a Scott (I think?) mask. The stalkers weren't the safest things, but its still a vast improvement from what you usually see. Overall I was very pleased with the way paintball was portrayed, although it still didn't make me want to buy their cheap Korean cars :D

*edit* Changed the case of "KIA" in the title so it doesn't look like "killed in action". BTW, anyone else see this commercial?

Lord_Whoopass
03-14-2004, 04:37 PM
Yeah I seen that commercial too... Finally some good press for paintball... lol maybe people will go buy a Kia and ask for a paintball gun to start playing... :D I look at it as the more money and interest going into the paintball industry the better... ;)

Da1spaz247
03-14-2004, 04:40 PM
I saw it as well, and I thought it was hilarious, although like you said, it still doesn't make me want to go buy a korean car. Besides, Toyotas dont need warantees, they already last forever!

walker2287
03-14-2004, 07:33 PM
Besides, Toyotas dont need warantees, they already last forever!

i hope mine does

anyway yeah good press not bad actually, was a revy.

tony3
03-14-2004, 07:43 PM
toyotas last forever, our previa had 216,000 miles on it, it was still running great, but uhhh was damn ugly? We currently has a 2k4 sienna and a 2k2 celica, both never have problems, can't say that about the explorer...

dcdude666
03-14-2004, 07:47 PM
i saw that commerical today......first time ive seen a commerical on a big channel like that with paintballing in it........and they both had some mask that are used today expect the one that coverd half of face

yeahthatsme
03-14-2004, 07:56 PM
i posted about it already...bit late sorry, i win!

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128866

Duker
03-14-2004, 09:01 PM
If only that could have been put during super bowl or NBA all- star game

paint magnet
03-15-2004, 07:01 PM
Yeahthatsme- Sorry, guess that's what I get for having a phone modem :p

Duker - Kia is a pretty low budget company and running an ad during the Super Bowl would have cost big bucks. My guess is they saw the success Budweiser had with its paintball releated Super Bowl ad and decided to make one as well.

1stdeadeye
03-15-2004, 07:04 PM
Any link to it?

Please!

Curly
03-15-2004, 09:55 PM
I'd like to see it too. :)

GhillieGuy
03-16-2004, 01:17 AM
I saw it too, it was funny when he stood up and got tagged.. except for the fact that he diddnt have a bottom part to his mask..:p