PDA

View Full Version : Halo or egg2

B.A.M.
03-14-2004, 04:46 PM
I currenly own a Halo b. I was wondering what u ppl think is better the Egg2 or the Halo b.

Mag89
03-14-2004, 07:08 PM
Halo B

soccer4minimags
03-14-2004, 07:18 PM
Well I had an egg for months, and I just got a halo b. I can say my halo blows away my egg. I really don't like my egg, I couldn't recomend one to anybody. First it never feeds quite as fast as it should. Second, the shells are weak, mine has really bad cracks all over the front, in some spots where cracks met its chipped all the way through. So if I ever want to use it again I will have to duct tape these holes. Now don't get me wrong I didn't abuse this thing. I take really good care of all my gear. This was after like 10 uses. Now it occupies space in my closet.
Also my other gripe with it is it sits funny. Some people like this, I don't. Its too close to your face. Also the feed neck is way too tall, so I cut mine down. Well this it seems has slowed the feed rate. I think they still rely on a large ball stack for their speed.
Just my example from experience. I was chopping with it on my e-blade on factory fast. Thats not that fast. This was with fresh batteries and differnt kinds of paint, so that pretty much isolates the problem to the loader. Any time I tried to walk it it would chop. That was the last straw, I bought a halo and I will not look back. So far no problems with that.

B.A.M.
03-14-2004, 07:21 PM
ya i also didnt like how the egg sat on the gun and i saw in the middle of the game a kid with an egg have his battery cover fall of for no reason. so now i own a halo

Methylphenidate
03-14-2004, 07:23 PM
i love my halo
i hadf a evo for awhile still chopped paint
with the halo i never chop cus that next ball is always right there getting pushed in to the breach
will never go back

MichaelP
03-14-2004, 07:25 PM
i know a guy who can make a revy go faster then a egg with z board and almost as fast as a halo.

edit for spelling

No sKiLLz
03-14-2004, 07:26 PM
Halo feeds faster, but I am sending mine in this week for a third new motor. I'm really sick and tired of the prodlems the IR eye causes and until Halo replaces their eye with something more reliable, I will say a gravity feeding field rental hopper is better than the Halo. This Wednesday I will be picking up the new Empire loader, so I will try it out and post a thread on it. It force feeds like a Halo but it is sound activated.

B.A.M.
03-15-2004, 06:34 AM
sounds nice. u will have to tell me about it when u get it

Z-man
03-15-2004, 11:23 AM
The Halo is hands down faster and I lik it but as mentioned above they BREAK TOO often. I have had 2 of mine burn up, one snap in the inside drive and one simply stop turning. If you own a Halo B, you have to own 2 so that you can play while the other one is sent off to be repaired. At LEAST Odyssey fixes them for free.

FallNAngel
03-15-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by MichaelP
i know a guy who can make a revy go faster then a egg with z board and almost as fast as a halo.

Riiiight... :rolleyes: