PDA

View Full Version : ULE Detent (good question)

Auto_Rook
03-14-2004, 07:00 PM
it says the ULE body is angel threaded for detents... i found that a impulse detent works just fine. i recently lost my ule body detent and used this impy one.. worked fine. anything wrong with this?

CaliMagFan
03-15-2004, 12:47 AM
i dont know for sure, so i'll ask you.... are angel and impulse the same?.... if so, then you essentially used an angel one... i figure any detent wil work fine as long as it: 1)detains balls in the breach... 2) none for the threaded metal part is present in the breach.... i'd suggest you check this by running your finger over the detent inside the body... the presence of the metal of the detents in the body was what urged the ULE body Detent notification in the forums by Tom Kaye. it would happen that the bolt would chop off a piece of the detent thread and the ball would be released and the detent's spring would wedge the bolt in place.... soo he had us add a lvl 10 black carrier o ring to decrease the depth that the detent screwed into....

good luck

-kyro

Auto_Rook
03-15-2004, 06:57 AM
thats EXACTLY what happend to the original ball detent on mny ULE body. i put this in because i thought'd it'd fit and it does, no metal sticking out and the ball detent comes out and stops the balls softly

BagelBoy2004
03-19-2004, 02:50 AM
The AGD detents really are the best on the market though. Lower cost than the overpriced Angel detents and better quality.