PDA

View Full Version : BE sucks? Profiler v. My old BE mask

GT
03-14-2004, 07:47 PM
I knew Vforce masks were made by Zleader, whom also made BE masks. I guess what I find ironic are the "newb" comments I get about my BE mask. Both masks use the same lens and the mold for the mask is failry simliar. here are some pics:

http://jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=1321

http://jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=1322

RRfireblade
03-14-2004, 07:49 PM
I don't see the resemblance.:)

GT
03-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade
I don't see the resemblance.:)

lets see I think the BE was onsale at wally world for 35 when I bought it new and the profiler was........ well more than twice, lol. I wanted a new mask and new they were similiar. I use my mask alot and bought what I new worked ;)

Carbon
03-14-2004, 09:24 PM
I guess what I find ironic are the "newb" comments I get about my BE mask. Both masks use the same lens and the mold for the mask is failry simliar Well, once again marketing does its job!

canadaguy
03-14-2004, 09:26 PM
that brass eagle mask is actually a Vforce Shield i think. buy a vforce strap and a visor and nobody would be able to tell :o

Cryer
03-14-2004, 09:30 PM
Jason=n00b:p;) (there were several comments from guys on my team at texball about your BE jersey... I had to laugh because I knew that was what you were shooting for:p)

ya, I had always noticed the resemblance, and often mistaken the vforce Shield and the brass eagle mask. I didnt know they were actually of the same mold, tho.

Does anyone remember the Skul masks that diablo used to make? I guess they stopped making them when their V-force line took off. I've always wanted a white one of those... Does brass eagle have a counterpart to those, too?:p

Carbon
03-14-2004, 09:49 PM
Fact is BE designed a really decent mask, marred because of the BE name and probably poor QC or manufacturing.

-=Squid=-
03-14-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Cryer
Jason=n00b:p;) (there were several comments from guys on my team at texball about your BE jersey... I had to laugh because I knew that was what you were shooting for:p)

ya, I had always noticed the resemblance, and often mistaken the vforce Shield and the brass eagle mask. I didnt know they were actually of the same mold, tho.

Does anyone remember the Skul masks that diablo used to make? I guess they stopped making them when their V-force line took off. I've always wanted a white one of those... Does brass eagle have a counterpart to those, too?:p Ive got a white skul mask :) Thermal too! I dont use it, but im also not looking to sell. Kablam!

Cryer
03-14-2004, 09:54 PM
Why must you taunt me so?:(

:p

GT
03-14-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Cryer

I love my BE jersey, Big Yellow! You cant beat 8 bucks for a new jersey!

Cryer
03-14-2004, 10:02 PM
heck ya...
I got an old JT jersey from a several years back... like 5 or 6 bucks brand new because it was "out of date" and they couldnt sell it...:p

Its actually more comfy than my 2k3 dye jersey...

1stdeadeye
03-14-2004, 10:21 PM
V-Force licensed the mask technology of BE. So the Profiler is the evolution of your BE mask. That simple.

Jaasper
03-14-2004, 10:48 PM
Another thing you will notice is that the v-force lens will work on the BE z-leader mask and vice versa.

magman007
03-15-2004, 03:40 AM
cryer, game face has the skull mask now. look at detroit thunder, and see what they are sporting. yup, last i checked, it was the skull mask

edit: here is the link http://www.gamefacepaintball.com/masks

yaddatrance
03-20-2004, 10:14 PM
I just went out and bought a vforce lens to see if I could use it on my old Brass Eagle "bubble" mask.

Unfortunately, there are just enough differences that it'd be difficult to retrofit the lenses. The side mountpoints are about 1 cm shorter in height and the whole thing is actually a wee bit smaller in diameter... I suspect
you could regroove the mask to make them fit, but it's
certainly beyond the effort I want to put in it :)

Just wanted to warn others before they go out and try the same thing...

cockermongol
03-21-2004, 12:16 AM
where can you find those masks?

Jaasper
03-21-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by yaddatrance
I just went out and bought a vforce lens to see if I could use it on my old Brass Eagle "bubble" mask.

Unfortunately, there are just enough differences that it'd be difficult to retrofit the lenses. The side mountpoints are about 1 cm shorter in height and the whole thing is actually a wee bit smaller in diameter... I suspect
you could regroove the mask to make them fit, but it's
certainly beyond the effort I want to put in it :)

Just wanted to warn others before they go out and try the same thing...

There are 2 differnt V-Force Mask. The Morph/Profiler (uses same lense) then the have the rentalmodel which I believe uses a slightly different lense which is the one that works in the older mask.

Cryer
03-21-2004, 07:17 PM
w00t! Just bought a black profiler and a case of paintballs for $50!!!

Originally posted by magman007
cryer, game face has the skull mask now. look at detroit thunder, and see what they are sporting. yup, last i checked, it was the skull mask

edit: here is the link http://www.gamefacepaintball.com/masks

I saw that just a while ago... I was walking around Academy Sports and for the heck of it, strolled down the paintball aisle... Skuls for 20 bucks... Might get one for kicks;)