PDA

View Full Version : RT ball chops

WWDBMAN
09-25-2001, 08:06 PM
My RT is chopping when the hopper gets low. I can see when a ball doesn't feed all the way. I read a post about similar problems caused by the powerfeed plug. Any ideas?

Also, can I put a warpfeed on my old RT?

FeelTheRT
09-25-2001, 08:24 PM
yes, you can put a Warp Feed on just about any gun now. It is highly recommened that u use a Warp Feed on your RT.

AkaEnder
09-25-2001, 11:07 PM
I have a classic RT as well and switching to the warp really helped my chops.

I have pic's if you'd like to see what it looks like.

BlackVCG
09-26-2001, 02:07 PM
Just get a Warp and all of your problems will be solved. They come with the new parabolic PF plug that makes the gun feed better. If you're right handed and have a HR RT, you can just hook up the hose to the bottom side of the feed tube and use the extra long PF plug through the top of the feed tube and have a compact setup.

Puckz
09-26-2001, 02:24 PM
I personally chop more with my warp feed than without on my RT, but only when I'm shooting a longer string with the gun on its side so I can shoot "off handed." Totally not the systems fault, just a limitation.

veteranmag
09-27-2001, 08:03 AM
If the only time that you're chopping is when your hopper is low (depending on how low you're talking) it may not be a problem with your plug. When the hopper is fairly full, the weight of the balls on top of the balls near the feeding tube push down on the balls droping into the breech. But as the hopper gets empty, the balls may be falling a little slower and are more affected by blowback. Try reloading your hopper when it gets down to about 1/3 full.

dgleason
09-28-2001, 05:37 PM
My first ? would be what kind of hopper is it. If it is a 9V hopper upgrade it to a 12V hopper. Some 12V hoppers work better than others. I had a 9v hopper on a retro valve it just would not keep up.

The second it how long have you gun. My Father got a RT and had problems with shotting it at first. After he played with it for some time he hasn't chopped a ball in a long time. I mag and rt shots different than most guns. It takes some time to learn how to shot the gun.

Thats my thought.