PDA

View Full Version : Who makes a good slide check?

ghideon
03-15-2004, 04:37 AM
Who makes a good slide check? Kinda getting tired of degassing my E-Mag the hard way.

GT
03-15-2004, 12:30 PM
get a proconnect, everything else is a joke compared to it! They are kinda pricey but then again it will last longer than you will...

Methylphenidate
03-15-2004, 01:10 PM
yeah a proconnect i use one and it is awsome!!!

wyn1370
03-15-2004, 01:18 PM
slide checks work fine if you don't want to dump the extra for the proconnect. They are all pretty much the same thing with different manufactures names on them. One nice thing is if you do have a problem with them, you can rebuild it yourself.

tyrion2323
03-15-2004, 02:44 PM
I used a PMI slide check when they still made Remotes. it worked fine.

BobTheCow
03-15-2004, 03:20 PM
And here I was finally thinking I what was going when people talked paintball... what the hell's a "slide check"? Something to degass a gun without removing the tank? :confused:

Muzikman
03-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Parker...the only air fitting brand that should be used. this includes QDs and 90's. Proconnects have gotten pretty good over the years, but my first one back in the mid 90's blew up on me, so I'm kinda scared of them now.

ogre55
03-15-2004, 03:55 PM
I actually prefer the slide check to the proconnect. The slide check allows you to bleed the line completely. While the proconnect will bleed the gun, you will still have gas left in the hose.

As for the quality of slide checks...they are pretty simple mechanisms and I don't know if there is any difference in quality from one to another.

I have an ANS Slide Check and some other no-name and they both work equally well.

Ogre

FutureMagOwner
03-15-2004, 03:59 PM
my slide check doesnt degas the line either i just move it back and forth a couple times and it vents into the gun and out and in and out till its empty :)

Muzikman
03-15-2004, 04:03 PM
With a slide check. If you turn off the tank, slide it back, that will degas the gun. Disconnect the QD and slide it back forward, this will degas the tank. I am not sure if you can do this with the new proconnects (not that you really need to). if your slide check degases your gun and line at the same time, it's not really a slide check then, cause that would defeat the purpose.