PDA

View Full Version : Nitro Tank Question - Need your thoughts

Rigster_TBB
03-15-2004, 09:13 AM
I have a brand new 68/3000 Fiber Wrapped 3A Tank with the Ace-Flow Regulator. This weekend was the first time it has been gassed up and used. When I removed the tank from my marker I could see what appeared to be a light liquid (I assume some type of oil) had blown out of the tank. I wiped it off and depressed the pin manually, and indeed a light liquid was coming from the tank. My question, has anyone else seen this in their tanks? Is this normal because I haven't noticed this on other HPA tanks I own. If there is no oil used in the regulator during asembly then I maybe need to determine if the paintball store that filled the tank actually had some liquid in their air system and blew it into the tank. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Rigster...

robdamanii
03-15-2004, 11:06 AM
Oil+HPA fills is a bad thing, possible fire and all that.

I'd check to see if other people had the same issue after getting fills at the same shop before anything else. They might have incorrectly oiled something or oiled something they shouldn't have.

Rigster_TBB
03-15-2004, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and vented the tank completely to hopefully blow most of whatever it was out. It may have been water as opposed to oil. The entire tank and regulator got extremely cold as I vented the air out. The whole thing is just really odd... I should have just left when the kid behind the counter asked if I wanted 4500 psi in a 3000 psi tank. If anyone else has experience or ideas let me know.
Thanks again,
Rigster...

magking
03-15-2004, 06:26 PM
i had the same problem with my 3a tank i vented it and filled it back up and was fine. havent had another problem with it

RT pRo AuToMaG
03-15-2004, 07:33 PM
Sounds like moisture got in the tank from improper storage/humid storage/dirty fill.

Rigster_TBB
03-15-2004, 09:27 PM
Thanks MagKing. I was hoping somebody had seen this before. I feel a little better...
Thanks to everyone...
Rigster...

trains are bad
03-15-2004, 09:31 PM
Might be oil/water mix (oil from the compressor, water from humidity). Not mysterious but still bad. Sounds like thier compressor sucks. I wouldn't get fills there again unless they change thier air drier or fix it somehow.

Rigster_TBB
03-15-2004, 11:20 PM
Indeed.... I will not be visiting that store again. Luckily there is another paintball store about 200 yards up the road. It's odd we have 2 paintball shops within a couple hundred yards of each other and not another one for probably a couple hundred miles in either direction...