PDA

View Full Version : Two problems - One thread

purplemag
03-15-2004, 04:24 PM
First: How do I successfully cut one of my springs in the LVL 10 kit? The red one does not allow me to get full 285 velocity, and the short spring(like 1/4 past end of bolt), seems to be very hard(hurts my finger!). I think I need to cut either the long silver one or the red one? Someone please help.

Second: My Halo B with Z code for some reason turns on and then goes straight to the red and green flashing light for overload protection on the motor I guess. Anyone know a solution?

Dayspring
03-15-2004, 05:20 PM
Cut 1/2 a coil from whatever spring, and put that side up against the bolt. Chrono and work from there.

As for the Halo, check and clean your eyes in the feedneck. (actually take them out, swab them off and all.) Mine were all gunked up, so they wouldn't see paint and they kept trying to push paint into the breech, where there already was some. So it sees that as a jam, and turns itself off.

purplemag
03-15-2004, 06:07 PM
I will work on the spring later...but for the halo. It is practically brand new, maybe two hoppers full through it. I did take the eyes out and clean them off, clear as can be. When I turn it on(no paint), the motor does the try and rotate thing three times and then goes blinky blinky??? Please please help me more. Odyssey said the the same clean the eye thing and that cannot be it! Thanks guys!

purplemag
03-15-2004, 07:02 PM
I am a complete and udder retard, everyone who reads this thread please reply back and tell me how dumb I am. It was the batteries in the Halo. I would think for 125 bucks the thing would have a better indicator that the batteries were dead!

f3rr3+
03-15-2004, 09:46 PM
cough** red and green flashing lights **cough

just playin man it happens to the best of us :P