PDA

View Full Version : Worst Paint Ever, Lesson Learned

hotrod
03-15-2004, 08:04 PM
I set up a private indoor game for my friends last week. Of course it was field paint only. At first glance, the paint didn't look too bad even though it came in plain brown boxes. With 20 guys asking questions and trying to hurry, I just loaded up to get on the field. This paint was the worst. I chopped a couple times each game (Level 7, but I don't normally chop). And sometimes I was even double feeding with just an old gravity hopper. The paint was a transparent yellow, so when it broke it just looked like a wet spot and the shells were clear.

I know I should have complained, but the other guys only play once a year and they don't really pay attention to paint quality. They all had chopping problems, but that goes along with using rental equipment. I didn't want to ruin the night by arguing with the owner.

I did look at the boxes and the only label said "PB BE Yellow Clear". I'm assuming this means Brass Eagle. I measured one of the balls at home with digital calipers. At the seam, it was .685 to .695. At the other axis I measured .650. It looks like a little flying saucer. Ever seen paint worse than that?

My lesson learned is to confirm what kind of paint is available before I book a private game to pay $70 a case.:rolleyes:

1stdeadeye
03-15-2004, 08:17 PM
32 Degress Competition is the worst I ever used. It chopped in the hopper!;)

My SN > Urs
03-15-2004, 08:28 PM
be blue streaks were the worst i ever used, always broke in the barrel but never on target.

PRPB
03-15-2004, 08:34 PM
Yesterday I dealt with the worst pait ever. I had three different types. Tork, Midnight, and the mystery white box.

I started with the tork worked fine few breaks down the barrel. The I moved on to the mystery white box. I have no words for the stuff. I'd say 6 out of 10 shots broke down the barrel. I tried a large bore back, but I still had the same problem. Atleast I only had a 1000 rounds of the stuff. After that I used the midnight and no problems after that.

bokraham
03-15-2004, 08:36 PM
super swirls are the worst i've ever used.

C_22
03-15-2004, 08:36 PM
View Loader, it breaks just by looking at it :mad:

deathstalker
03-15-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
32 Degress Competition is the worst I ever used.
Agreed. Worst. Paint. Evar.

Sparks
03-15-2004, 08:57 PM
if that's the paint i'm thinking of, BE hasn't made it for years. Did it come in a black box that isn't of the regular case-of-paint size?

hotrod
03-15-2004, 09:09 PM
The boxes were just plain brown cardboard with cardboard dividers, 4 bags of 500. They were kind of neon yellow and really oily. The label was just plain with the printing and a bar code. Can "PB BE" mean anything other than Brass Eagle?

CodeMA
03-15-2004, 09:16 PM
we got some of that stuff one weekend(it was cheap... heard it was good pratice paint)

same yellow fill, same clear shells, but they were fairly round and consistant, didnt get many barrel breaks, I think two out of a case and a half.... broke well on target as well...

I thought it was BE as well... but its actually Draxxus brown box if I rember correctly.... just gotta get it fresh

danheneise
03-15-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by bokraham
super swirls are the worst i've ever used.

on the contrary, i use this stuff every time i go out, i have a 14" boomstick and i have never used my new level 10 with them, and would rarely break paint and they shoot extremely strait for me, just out of curiosity what kind of barrel and bolt are you using with them? my boomstick is .689 as all boomy's are

PRPB
03-15-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by danheneise

on the contrary, i use this stuff every time i go out, i have a 14" boomstick and i have never used my new level 10 with them, and would rarely break paint and they shoot extremely strait for me, just out of curiosity what kind of barrel and bolt are you using with them? my boomstick is .689 as all boomy's are

I also use super swirl and I have yet to have any problems with it.

TeamNausea
03-15-2004, 09:51 PM
Well one time I made the mistake to get the Super Swirl form Wal-Mart...Worst ever I think they send seconds to Wal-mart.......:(

Mag89
03-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Wal-Mart paint is the worst paint ever. Alomost all the paint I have bought from them has had at least 5 balls broken balls in the bag when I opened the bag up.

68magOwner
03-15-2004, 10:15 PM
my brother bought a case of the exact stuff yor talking about, i ended up using it, and it is the most brittle stuff ive ever used, you cant even run without it breaking in your hopper, and if you manage to hit someone, neither you, nor the ref's, nor they can tell it broke unless they are wearing all white. by the end of the day i was literally running around throwing it at people because i didnt want to have to clean out my hopper any more. But i can say that bunkering someone by throwing a handfull of that at them is one of the most satisfying paintball experiences ive had the pleasure of expirencing.

Polish
03-15-2004, 10:16 PM
Heres an idea.... support your local paintball shop.. pay 3 dollars more a bag for GOOD PAINT.... and dont complain.

zacbot
03-15-2004, 10:17 PM
the worst paint ive ever used was some VL iBallz my cuz bought me for Xmas, they where the most terrible paintballs ever, of course i have the lvl7 bolt, but all the other paint ive ever used..(mostly big ball) has no problem

TeamNausea
03-15-2004, 10:19 PM
Shut up polish we are merely letting everyone know what not to buy. And there have been times when I can't get the good stuff because of shop hours and had no other choice but to hit up wal-mart...

canadaguy
03-15-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by C_22
View Loader, it breaks just by looking at it :mad:
hahahahaha, good stuff (the joke, not the paint). I bought some Brass Eagle (dont know if it had some crazy name. Anyways, i was using it in my old spyder. it broke EVERY single ball. to say the least, ive never bought any brass eagle paint since then.

Wes Janson
03-16-2004, 12:10 AM
No...32 Degrees Team Colors is worse :/ Don't talk about WW paint.

As far as that Tork ****...not only does it suck coming out, it sucks getting hit by it. I refuse to call them "paintballs" as they are in reality "waxballs". The substance seems to be a high viscosity liquid when it breaks, but the water content quickly evaporates, leaving a residue that looks like a cross between cooling wax and play-doh. It cakes onto your clothes and smells like an electrical fire, a really, really irritating smell. Whoever makes that stuff should be shot.

GT
03-16-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Polish
Heres an idea.... support your local paintball shop.. pay 3 dollars more a bag for GOOD PAINT.... and dont complain.

that is a problem when its FPO at the local feild. I just hate having to pay more than 40 bucks for white box seconds...

datapimp69
03-16-2004, 09:03 AM
you were playing at futureball indoor werent you ?

C_22
03-16-2004, 10:09 AM
I know what you mean canadaguy, sill I'm proud to addmit my xmag only broke like 1 ball in 5 pods+hopper and the ACE was off. My timmy on the other hand was crying and pucking purple goo till kingdom come :(

hotrod
03-16-2004, 10:39 AM
good call datapimp!

i_baked_cookies
03-16-2004, 10:49 AM
i remember the old 800 round jugs of brass eagle. they were covered, and i mean COVERED, in this nasty, greasy junk. half of them broke when i dumped them in my hopper and it got all over. i only think a few went somewhat straight, the rest broke.

brass eagle is a disgrace to paintball

and for some reason i never had that bad of a problem with 32* paint. just a few breaks in the barrel...

but marbs are still the best

Smoke
03-16-2004, 11:53 AM
JT Carnivore is by far the worst paint. I'd tell you how it shot, but we couldn't get a solid ball to exit the barrel.

Torbo
03-16-2004, 11:58 AM
its all about conditions. I generally shoot blaze and midnight. I absolutly love both. See the thing is though, that if you for example have to play in the cold with it, it becomes almost unuseable. I shot 32* comp all summer and it was perfatly allright. I shot it this winter and it was hideous. shoot fresh paint, not old cheap stuff that sucked to begin with, and youre fine. all there is to it.

Dayspring
03-16-2004, 12:12 PM
Nope. JT Elite is BY FAR the worst crap I've ever put through my gun. EVER.

I've run some no-name stuff through and had great results. (800 paintball had something for $90 you got 3 cases.) Good stuff. Tunaman showed it to me one day.

I'll still shoot Severe till the cows come home though. And some of the new Draxxus stuff too. :D

Smoke
03-16-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring

I'll still shoot Severe till the cows come home though.

Here Here!!!

wek29
03-16-2004, 01:28 PM
That yellow stuff is a joy to ref with...try finding a hit. It's almost a clear fill. Next to impossible to see.

PzYcO
03-16-2004, 01:40 PM
hotrod, i told my parents to pick me up the cheapest case of paint and it happned to be the same "PB BE" clear shelled yellow crap paint, my barrel swab got a work out.

my2crazyeyes
03-16-2004, 02:45 PM
Wal-mart is the best paint to buy around where I live. The local paintball shop sells their paint in zip-lock bags, the guy there calls it "home made" paint. This really means that he sweeps up the dropped balls off the floor, and puts them in a bag.

-M2CE

dwab3000
03-16-2004, 03:02 PM
i havent had much prob with any paint i buy....only probs i get is when i out shoot my hopper
i used to use pmi paint too *not sure what kind*
my feild sells marbs...so nice...and they got rps

and eastern sells diablo*my fav*

i use nightmare

TeamNausea
03-16-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by my2crazyeyes
Wal-mart is the best paint to buy around where I live.
Wow, that's very disturbing to hear. I've never had good results with that crap they call paint...:(

danger_crane
03-16-2004, 05:24 PM
Ugh did a tournament with 32 degrees paint, it was awful. It cannot take colder weather (40 degrees out that day). 1 ball made it out of the barrel out of 10. And using TK's bounce test, they broke when you dropped them from 3 feet, first time, let alone 6 feet for multiple times.

Really upset me, because even with the breaks and chops, we were in 2nd place for most of the day and just quit because it wasnt worth playing anymore.

TeamNausea
03-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Good lord that sux crane.

JT2002
03-16-2004, 05:46 PM
YOU PAID 75 BUCKS FOR THAT??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 DAMN, lmao, at my field that crap costs like 35 40 bucks., i will never use it again, u know that it was that bad because 1, its BE brown box,
2 because BE brown box means that that paint was also seconds. man the owner really ripped u guys like crazy, he must of made at least 50 bux profit per case on that. not to shabby lmao damn, all i can say is...

you got pwned :D ;) :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :cool: :) :D :D :D

dwab3000
03-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Ugh did a tournament with 32 degrees paint, it was awful. It cannot take colder weather (40 degrees out that day).

i find this an oxymoron...they call it 32 degrees yet it cant performe under 50..hmphhh...well i broke a ball of 32* in my hopper in the snow today.....i beleive it was tournemet....sucked ***..i know snow & suck but im trying to make a 15* for my mag in both gas thru and i tried it on a friends e-mag...the eyes inside didnt let me dry fire..and he was down at eastern to get a new boomy...i cant adjust eyes right so i just went out making sure the board couldnt get wet...yet my reloader died today after it chopped paint

ghideon
03-25-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by TeamNausea

Wow, that's very disturbing to hear. I've never had good results with that crap they call paint...:(

It's all about how you take care of the paint after you it gets to you (unless it breaks in shipping). Sounds like his Wal-Mart has some people working there who actually know about care and feeding of paintball. Wish I could trust mine...

fallout11
03-25-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Wes Janson
No...32 Degrees Team Colors is worse :/ Don't talk about WW paint.

I agree 110%, Wes.
32 Degrees Team Colors is, by far, the worst paint I've ever had the misfortune to use. Even worse than the crap they used to sell back in the 1980's.

Egg shaped, dimpled to high heck, and will bust often bust just by dropping it into your pod.
It's also one reason I'll never play at W.W. again.

crankydan
03-25-2004, 05:37 PM
I think everyone agrees that 32 degrees is some of the worst paint ever. They might make good bath beads, but dont even think about getting them air born.

I also run away from anything that says JT (BE OWNED), it was "GREAT" stuff when made by RPS.

Lets talk about those marbles called Blue Streak, now these things will hurt you. We had a kid using these and I dont think you could break one with a hammer. The welts ran ramped that day.

I love Nelson white box EXTRA BALL, good round balls with no wipe fill. The price is even better at our field, I dont think you can get this unless you are a field owner or buy bulk.

just my 2 cents

fallout11
03-26-2004, 01:32 PM
Just a point....cheap paint doesn't have to be crap paint.

Recently, I played in an game where "Dracula" paint was the field/event paint.
"Bloody good paint", according to the box.
Needless to say, I was skeptical.

But despite the laughs from the name, and the very cheap price (even after field markup), it was good stuff.
Nice and fresh, very round, didn't break open when dropped, flew nice and straight, broke cleanly, and left nice large visible marks on players.

I ended up with only 2 barrel breaks out of a whole case.
Just goes to show.....

Cryer
03-26-2004, 01:36 PM
Tork

That crap is like wax after a minute or so...

I still have some attatched to my gloves and jersey from a month+ ago...

Python14
03-26-2004, 03:19 PM
Tork is pretty raunchy...but the worst I've ever used what proball. Shooting it was fine, but getting someone out with it was a different story. I could shoot someone 3, 4, 5 times and not one splat. Ugly stuff.

kauai_paintball
03-26-2004, 07:36 PM
Best paint ive ever used:Spank
worst paint ive ever used:Spank
only paint ive ever used:Spank
only paint at field:spank