PDA

View Full Version : I bring you all grave news.

who_311
03-15-2004, 10:54 PM
The other day I found out some of the saddest news I've heard in a while. Dave Blood, the bassist for the Dead Milkmen, has commited suicide. This is very sad news to me, being a pretty big Dead Milkmen fan. I will be only listening to DM for a month, same thing I did for Joey Ramone, Joe Strummer, among others. Id like to ask that you all just pay respect to a great man. Thanks.

Are there any DM fans in here?

One Love
Alex

ramennoodles
03-15-2004, 11:24 PM
omg, that sucks dude...i love DM, nevermind figured everything out...damn

who_311
03-16-2004, 12:19 AM
I know dude. I'm mega sad now.

WicKeD_WaYz
03-16-2004, 12:37 AM
only DM for a month?

thats the easiest way I know to end up hating a band.

who_311
03-16-2004, 01:30 AM
I always listen to them, they're on my main cd pile. It may not go for a month, but at least like 2 weeks or something. I won't get sick of them. It's just the way I do things.

Muzikman
03-16-2004, 12:19 PM
Yes,I caught this news only a few hours after it was released. I have been a Milkmen fan since the late 80's and have hung out with the band a few times. They were all great guys and this news shocked me.

Oddly, just last month I picked up my DM Cow shirt from ZipperHead when I was in Philly. This was something I had wanted to do for a very long time.

Edit:
To lighten it up a little...what was your favorite song(s)?

Dryden
03-16-2004, 01:07 PM
That is sad. I went to several shows in Columbus OH in the late 80s and early 90s and enjoyed the DM guys a bunch. They were a tremendous live act and always gave the audience 110%.

Dave will be missed.

*sigh* Muzikman, I've got to vote for Eat Your Paisley's Surfing Cow as my personal favorite.