PDA

View Full Version : Need AIM help PDQ!!!

AssassN
03-15-2004, 11:00 PM
My Situation:
I am in Breckenridge Colorado on a Dell Inspiron 8200. I am connected through my dads work connection. I am not sure how it works but I type in the number and it connects to the internet. It is connected via 26.4kB!!!! :rolleyes: I downloaded AIM and typed in my correct screen name and password but it says the AIM survice cannot be reached. It is not the message it gives you when the service is temporarily down. It is giving me the message like when I'm not online, "The AIM service can't be reached."

I am DEFFINATLY connected to the internet because I am able to post on AO. Anyone have any solutions? If I found a AOL CD would I be able to connect at 56k and use AIM?

I am in severe AIM denial.

Thanks, it takes ALONG time to load threads so I probably won't respond for awhile. I think I gave you all the required info.

Ps - MSN seems like it is working fine. It wants me to update it which will take ALONG time but it seems fine. Maybe reinstall AIM? Ill try that while I wait for AO's collective knowledge to help.:D

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
03-15-2004, 11:11 PM
http://toc.oscar.aol.com/

AssassN
03-15-2004, 11:31 PM
It keeps saying wrong user name or password but I am FOR SURE typing it right. Cool site though! Thanks!

Never mind, I'm an idiot. Awesome, thanks!!!

Never mind the never mind. It still isn't working.

Nofreetime
03-16-2004, 12:00 AM
worked great for me. I feel dumb for not knowing about this earlier; I guess this is how ppl use AIM at the computer lab.

frenchman309
03-16-2004, 06:06 AM
I have the same problem as you when i'm using dial up at home. It comes and goes though. Sometimes I can sign on, sometimes I can't. Usually if I wait 5 minutes it works. I think it's just the slow connection.

AssassN
03-16-2004, 02:56 PM
I've got an AOL CD on the way so hopefully that will connect me at 56k instead of 28.8 or what ever it is. I think that should fix it. Another guy here connected with AOL just fine so AIM should work when I get AOL. Thanks for the advice.