PDA

View Full Version : NPPL Super 7 Shakups?

Tyger
03-15-2004, 11:26 PM
I'm listening to E-Money's show in LA (http://www.1540theticket.com/ streaming audio) They're talking SUper 7 with Cammille (sp?).

Thery'e chanigng the format of the Sup 7. They're capping off pro teams next year. If they play pro, they're being tracked for wins/losses as the season goes on this year. If they're at the BOTTOM of the pro ranks, they're not going to make the cut. Next season, only 17 Pro teams will be accepted (into the '05 season).

Oh, bottom pro teams are booted back down a rank (Divison 1?), and the top of the non-pros are gonna get kicked up to the "Pro" level, and they get no choice in it. You win, you're kicked up You earned the right, you're a pro.

So now, you can't just pay the entry fee to call yourself a pro, now oyu have to continually EARN it.

Opinions?

-Tyger (Who has seen this suggestion over 5 years ago...)

(Edited slightly to make the points clearer...)

Lethargic
03-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Good. Now continue ranking the teams all teh way down to Division III, that way, when I go to Huntington next week, I mught actually have a chance at winning, as opposed to playing PanAM AM players, Pros from the PSP, and 3-4 year veterans who still manage to qualify as rookies. I wouldn't mind losing, but at least I should be playing teams somewhat close to my skill level.

I honestly have to say that I am quite disappointed in the Femmes Fatales (especially) and other teams who are deliberately playing down. Is it just me, or is sandbagging a bit low?

And theres my rant for the night...

ZAust
03-15-2004, 11:41 PM
makes a lot of sense. reminds me of the english premier league(soccer).

Kevmaster
03-15-2004, 11:49 PM
yep. teams should definitely be tracked.

im a fan of this

the_next_guy_
03-16-2004, 12:25 AM
I think this is a positive change. It always sort of bothered me that a team could buy their way into the pros.

WARPED1
03-16-2004, 12:35 AM
Helping against teams that are better than most pros that stay in the am or rookie division! WooHoo!

FallNAngel
03-16-2004, 01:07 AM
This sounds like good news to me.

Curly
03-16-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Lethargic
I mught actually have a chance at winning, as opposed to playing PanAM AM

Panam AM doesnt really mean much. The NPPL is a much different league. I for one think that the ranking system is good and is starting to make paintball more similar to other sports.

Im cant wait for HB, flying out down Wed. I'll be playing DIII with SF Paintball Center.

Richter
03-16-2004, 01:14 AM
Personally if you pay you should be able to play in the pro division. I personally think if you want pay to play pro; go for it! This is not like big time golf which is an invitational; its big time paintball where you can pick your playing level depending on your entry fee. It just like professional bass fishing; you pay the pro entry fee you are a pro for that tournament, if you pay the amateur entry fee you are in the back of a pro’s boat going for different prizes but playing the same tournament. This just like in paintball, pro teams play against non-pro teams hence they are playing for different prizes but playing the same tournament.

Bass fishing does have invitational tournaments set outside the league for the top 100 pro fisherman at the end of the year. But B.A.S.S. (bass anglers sportsman society), does have regional tourneys. B.A.S.S. is also over 30 years in the making, with a much larger organized society than paintball. I think paintball is much too small and in its infancy to be restricting players and teams.

By the way I use bass fishing as an analogy because I think it has a lot in common with paintball. My father does some competitive bass fishing and we discuss each others problems within each person’s sport (bass fishing and paintball) for conversation.

Just some food for thought; Whittle it away if you like ;)

Python14
03-16-2004, 07:33 AM
Richter: That takes away from being a pro. You should earn your pro status, not buy it. Bass fishing is different too. You aren't directly competing with your opponents. If you are a pro bass fisherman, you can go find your own spot on the lake and fish yourself retarded. If you are a pro paintball team, you have to play all these little punk teams that bought their way into the rank. Yea, you're gonna roll em, but what's the point of playing pro if the only difference between it and the ams, novices, or rookies is the fact you payed $300 more and play your games last? Pros should play with pros, amatuers should play with amatuers, novices should play with novices, and rookies should play with rookies.