PDA

View Full Version : Blackcat game: Band... Jim Band... New Mexico March 27/28

Koosh
03-16-2004, 01:49 AM
Short notice and all, but I just now realized that I could use the Scenario part of AO as well ;)

I'm signed up for this game, and I can't wait... My first "big" scenario, I've played a few smaller ones, of about 75-125 people, but I'm looking forward to something a little bigger.

http://www.blackcat-productions.com/2004/jimband/index.html

Any other AO'ers signed up?

bunkerhugger
03-17-2004, 03:29 PM
There should be about a dozen of us from SouthWest VooDoo. If everything works out we should be on the SPORKS team. Come by and say hi - we'll be the ones in the Meat Wagon.

http://www.southwestvoodoo.com/images/meatwagon2/photos/Stick004.JPG

The Deacon
03-17-2004, 04:08 PM
Looks like Koosh and I will be slinging paint at you instead of with you then. We're headed down as part of the Colorado group for Jim Band.

Question, have you guys played at this field before? Never been there, what's the setup like? How big is it and is it open or morespeedballish?

Koosh
03-17-2004, 04:09 PM
Nice!

I'll be playing under the 10th Mountain banner, (even though I'm not offically on the team), and we are registered for Jim Band's side... Hopefully I'll be able to get a few shots off at ya!

bunkerhugger
03-19-2004, 08:13 AM
We've never played this field before. There are some pics of the field from last year's game over on the Black Cat site.

On a side note, I played a Black Cat game in Arizona a couple of months ago and I've never seen so many Automags. It was like being at an old tournament.

BlackCat
03-19-2004, 09:33 AM
Hey guys,

I'd like to be the first to welcome you all to the Cat's Lair in New Mexico. It will be great seeing old faces, new friends and meeting first time BlackCat players. This game is shaping up to be an awesome event with close to 200 pre-registered players already.

The Cat's Lair is a unique field for New Mexico in that it is located in the beautiful Sacramento Mountains in High Rolls Mountain Park, New Mexico. It is at approximately 7,500 ft. above see level with a mixture of terrain. There are woods, there are hay fields, there are structures and there is even an overgrown Apple Orchard that creates a maze for people to hide in.

There is a creek that cuts the field in half long ways with about 5 bridges for crossing. We have also built many structures on the field which enhances the play.

In the center of one field is our fabled, "Kitty's House of Fun". This is a roughly 12' x 8' building with a fence built of pallets creating a "fenced in backyard". It is funny watching people dive over the fence to try to enter the courtyard during final battles as they strive to secure the courtyard.

On Friday night we will be serving all of our players BBQd bacon wrapped filet STEAK and chicken as our way of saying THANKS! Those of you who were in AZ I'm sure remember how good they were. Are those taste buds salivating yet?!

If you have a chance to take an extra day off from work and spend Monday visiting White Sands National Monument just a few miles away it is well worth it. For those of you with family you are encouraged to bring them if they wish to come since Alamogordo, which is ony 8 miles away offers many cool sites for them. There is the Space Museum, the Ampitheater, and many native cultural sites to see. If quant settings are more their style they may drive up the mountain another 8 miles and visit the town of Cloudcroft which boasts Burro Street. An old twon village of shops and restaurants.

Look forward to seing you all in another week! Have a safe trip.

Caffiend
03-19-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by bunkerhugger

On a side note, I played a Black Cat game in Arizona a couple of months ago and I've never seen so many Automags. It was like being at an old tournament.

Yeah, it was awesome seeing all the mags there, VERY cool. Can't wait for next weekend!

bunkerhugger
03-29-2004, 01:52 PM
The game was a blast, I love that orchard. I'll definitely be back for another Black Cat event - they make role playing tons of fun.

Hey, I didn't see you there Mr. Koosh. We have photos from Black Cat, Agent Orange and Southwest Voodoo on the web site. If you know anyone else who wants to get some photos hosted for the event have them email them to goodmojo@southwestvoodoo.com and I'll get them up.

Koosh
03-29-2004, 07:27 PM
Yep, it was pretty fun... although I was starting to think the game was just a tad bit tipped in your favor... I mean you guys had the tank and we had nothing comparable except for an inept XO and a General who didn't show up until 4 hours into the game.

Oh well, we had fun. Our team got Best Supporting award, and one of our guys got the MVP.

I didn't see you there either BH, but I did see Caffiened there, thanks to the nice lookin AO jersey.

I loved the Night Game. One of my favorite things about it was when I was out there with my Maverick pump by Kitties Funhouse bargaining with one of you Southwest Voodoo guys for control of the feild. I THINK it was one of you guys anyway, I never got a clear look (it being night and all). Trading feild position for chile just sounded so good. And then the guy I was bargaining with decided to run right to the otherside of my bunker... I wonder if he knew I was there or not. In the end we just agreed to call each other out, which is one of the coolest things I've seen, and would ONLY happen in scenario ball.

Another night game moment: I was walking up to some of my teamates at the two story tower just before the tire feild when the reds launched a suprise attack on them. If I had my head screwed on straight I would have been able to get at least half of them, but since I was just walking up, I didn't know who was on what side. As it was I just flipped on my mag lite and saw one guy sort of crouching on the side of the bunker facing me. I had him in the lite and he just looked at me like a Deer in headlights... I was thinking about giving him the surrender, but that would have been too easy. Too bad after that all his friends seemed to notice the guy who was using a pump, and holding a flashlight in one hand.

Even funnier though, was that another guy on our team then came down from the hill to the left of it (they didn't see him when they first crossed) and barrel tagged all of the rest of them.

Good times.... Bunkerhugger, I forgot my digital camera (DOH!) so I couldn't take any pictures. I'll ask around and see if anybody else has them. If you get any posted up, be sure to share the link!

p8ntball72
03-29-2004, 09:41 PM
http://www.southwestvoodoo.com/Images/Band2/index.html

Caffiend
03-30-2004, 05:53 PM
Awesome awesome time. Black Cat games are definately a blast. Koosh, were you with Deacon at the chrono's?
And my jersey held up pretty good even though I was crawling all over the place in it. Good times, good times.

Koosh
03-31-2004, 12:45 AM
Yep, that was me...

I looked through those pics... out of all of them I noticed you took exactly ZERO of me! doh!

Maybe there'll be some in blackcats, or if some of the other CWC'ers took some...