PDA

View Full Version : What's new in paintball???

emanjamin
03-16-2004, 04:13 PM
Well, being in college has its ups and its downs. One of the biggest downs is that I haven't played a game of paintball in almost two years, because of money and time. Well I would like to know what is new in this sport...any really cool products and such..
The last thing I really remember is that the HALO loader was under investigation for patents, or something like that, before it was going to be released to buy. That I think was the last thing I remember, so anything after that is new to me!
I know there is the Level 10 bolt and stuff...what is that all about???

Man, I feel like a newbie all over again, except I already have a really good gun already!
Thanks,
Emanjamin

Chris42050
03-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Im probably the wrong person to reply to this cause there are alot more knowledgable people here on the tech side of paintball. There is too many new things to mention but I will tell you about the level 10 bolt. It's a bolt with a foamie thing on the end. the bolt automatically backs off if it starts to pinch a paintball. I think tom kaye even put his tongue in there to show how it works. Anyway no more broken paint due to slower loading than shooting.

mcveighr
03-16-2004, 05:35 PM
Read up on the Smart Parts lawsuits, and how they're hurting the industry.

danger_crane
03-16-2004, 05:48 PM
Biggest things in paintball over the past couple years:

1)Smart Parts enforces a patent on electronic paintball markers, and has been demanding licensing from other companies.

2)Everyone and their mothers have electronic guns now. Even spyders and pirahnas are mostly electros. Cockers and mags turned into E-blades and X-mags. In fact, the question is no longer "do you have an electronic trigger" but "do you have software that lets you cheat" by shooting more than 1 pull = 1 shot. Debounce, Sweetspotting, and Ramping is almost a given.

3) A new format of paintball came out called X-ball. They started a league with teams belonging to cities and made the game a little more dynamic and interesting to watch. Played in 10 minute quarters kinda like football. Cool stuff.

That's all I can think of at the moment...

phantomhitman
03-16-2004, 05:56 PM
i can give some little details
1-smart parts is enforcing their electro gun patent on a lot of companies. aka has already "went under" and is no longer producing markers. agd has "discontinued" their x and e mags due to the same reasons. SP has settled out of court with other companies (dye-icd-etc)

2-the only new loader i can think of is the q-loader. tops out at around 100 balls per second feed rate, so dont worry about outshooting it.

3-x valve is released and comes stock with level 10. 26 bps refresh rate. the fastest recharging valve on the market.

4-the balls per second "hype" is still raging. as well as low pressure guns.

5-was (wicked air sportz) was found to have cheater boards that shot more balls than a person was really pulling hte trigger. Jim Drew has gone into hiding.

6-along the ao forum a few great prodcuts are released. coolhand makes the 90 degree logic frames for mech mags, and is currently working on an electro version as well. He mills rails to make them lighter also. Rogue has his great feedneck, rails, and also has a mech 90 degree frame on the way. Nicad had great looking bodies such as the chord series, karta, and dallaras. There are also great magnetic detents from kilaueakid as well as his heat shrink for ss lines.

7-i have become greatly "poorer" due to the above reason. i have also become addicted to this forum. But I am back into the sport I love playing.

I hope that helps.

emanjamin
03-16-2004, 08:43 PM
- Looks like I will be getting a Level 10 setup.
- The X-valve, I don't think I really need..seeing that I have a retro valve already.
- Sounds like Smart Parts are being an *** about things. The way that it sounds is as if they are taking credit on creating the first electronic marker and preventing everybody from using electricity. It is like AGD saying that all the powerfeed markers that are out there right now has to be taken off because they invented the powerfeed system, which they did if my memory serves me right. I am going to have to read into this issue a little bit more.
- How the hell does this q-loader work???? 100 b/sec..Good lord, I hope the game never game never gets to that point. 100 b/s = no fun because the game would be over in 10 secs.
- Secret programs inside of the electronics eh...well, that is why I will always just stick with my z-grip and my blade trigger frame that AGD came out with a while ago...I believe I picked it up at the 2001 IAO booth, great frame! Love the intellifeed on it.
- Also, could someone explain this X-ball to me a little bit more...sounds interesting. Sounds like a gateway to getting paintball even more mainstream.

Well thanks for everything so far.
Emanjamin

Athius
03-16-2004, 08:52 PM
PB nation made their own magazine but all paintball magazines still being outdated and crappy so dont buy em'.

personman
03-16-2004, 09:00 PM
LOL
I'm sorry but where was it stated that the Q Loader goes 100 balls per second?
I'm pretty sure that it only goes 30 balls per second. 40 tops.

yeahthatsme
03-16-2004, 09:04 PM
a short list(in no particular order):
-halo's are released, then re-released(halo b's)
-DYE buys generation-e sports(makers of the matrix)
-DYE makes a new line of paintball guns known as the dm4
-Smart Parts starts sueing companies for patent infringements(search for smart parts and you'll find more info)
-national paintball supply creates the empire line of gear.
-bob long creates the 2k4 intimidator(aka alias)
-empire releases a custom 2k4 intimidator
-agd made the lvl 10 bolt(anti-chop bolt, search the forums for more info)
-AGD halts production on all electronic markers that they produce(not related to the smart parts law-suit)
-AKAlmp stops producing vikings and excaliburs due to the smart parts lawsuit
-xball is created, search the forums/warpig/forceofnature.com for more info
-the big-leagues(PSP and NPPL) split
-dynasty(former WDP flag team) switched to smart parts guns
-smart parts released the 03 shocker(i hate it)
-bob longs intimidators become extremely popular(majority of pro teams shoot them now, i believe)
-a large amount of cheater boards and programming appears in the big leagues
-the big leagues crack down on cheater boards(this year)
-ARSENAL is formed of a roster of big-time pro players to become WDP's new flagship team
-WDP releases the angel speed, and then the angel4(a4)
-WDP releases the fly a4 with ACE
-spyders are still mass-produced with only milling changes
-the NPPL and NXL(xball) signed TV deals, so paintball is moving mainstream
-the q-loader came out(search the forums for info)
-AGD released the tac-one tactical marker(search the forums)
-WGP released a "tactical" autococker
-naughty dogs, former flagship for WGP, switched to intimidators
-brass eagle and the other companies it owns(viewloader and jt) were bought out by k2 sporting gear

there is more that i cant remember, i'll edit it later, sorry that its all jumbled and out of order. i typed it as i remembered it.

phantomhitman
03-16-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by personman
LOL
I'm sorry but where was it stated that the Q Loader goes 100 balls per second?
I'm pretty sure that it only goes 30 balls per second. 40 tops.

lol, sorry personman. i read the qloader website and seen the video of it where it does 100 bps. i do not own one or have even seen one yet, but i was going off of what i read. but i thought it was higher than 30. sorry again, i do not want to mislead anyone.

yeahthatsme
03-16-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by phantomhitman
i can give some little details
1-smart parts is enforcing their electro gun patent on a lot of companies. aka has already "went under" and is no longer producing markers. agd has "discontinued" their x and e mags due to the same reasons. SP has settled out of court with other companies (dye-icd-etc) AGDstopped production of e-guns for their own reasons,mainly because the emag was old and outdated and the xmag production was too slow, the SP issue was of small effect, and AKA did the same, they simply refused to pay smart parts, dont spread mis-information

2-the only new loader i can think of is the q-loader. tops out at around 40 balls per second feed rate, so dont worry about outshooting it.

3-x valve is released and comes stock with level 10. 26 bps refresh rate. the fastest recharging valve on the market. while that is true, its just a retro-valve with an aluminum body instead of steel

4-the balls per second "hype" is still raging. as well as low pressure guns.

5-was (wicked air sportz) was found to have cheater boards that shot more balls than a person was really pulling hte trigger. Jim Drew has gone into hiding.its not just WAS, a ton of boards have debounce now, its just another fad

6-along the ao forum a few great prodcuts are released. coolhand makes the 90 degree logic frames for mech mags, and is currently working on an electro version as well. He mills rails to make them lighter also. Rogue has his great feedneck, rails, and also has a mech 90 degree frame on the way. Nicad had great looking bodies such as the chord series, karta, and dallaras. There are also great magnetic detents from kilaueakid as well as his heat shrink for ss lines.

7-i have become greatly "poorer" due to the above reason. i have also become addicted to this forum. But I am back into the sport I love playing.

I hope that helps.

a few corrections...

phantomhitman
03-16-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme

a few corrections...

ok, maybe i should not help out newer people :( . thanks yeahthatsme and personman. i will walk away with my tail tucked between my legs

yeahthatsme
03-16-2004, 09:28 PM
not trying to be mean at all, i just want to make sure he gets the correct information. its good that you try to help out people, just make sure you have good info before you do :D

phantomhitman
03-17-2004, 08:15 AM
yes sir, no offense taken. but i really thought the qloader could feed 100 bps because of the video they released. How did they actually find outthe feed rate anyways? i mean no gun can shoot that fast right? :confused:
all of hte other things you corrected were just add ons, so i really only lied about the qloader ;)

emanjamin
03-17-2004, 10:34 AM
Way to cover yourself phantomhitman.
I remember a video of someone running a hopper hooked up to this fancy contraption, it was supposed to simulate a paintball gun when running. Well they were able to do their rates from that. I know that doesn't really help, sorry.

Lol, you know it felt weird when you mentioned telling "newer people" things :) I used to be on top of everything, and since getting out it is hard to catch back up. I still consider myself a paintballer even though I haven't played in 2 years, I have played since 1999.

How long has everyone been in this sport anyway?

GTakacs
03-17-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme

AGD stopped production of e-guns for their own reasons,mainly because the emag was old and outdated and the xmag production was too slow.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't "e-mag = x-mag" as far as being outdated goes? It's the exact same marker except the body/rail being a single mill piece with removable breach? The electronics and the valve and bolt are identical.

No bashing here, I have an x-mag and I love it!

emanjamin
03-17-2004, 03:40 PM
I believe the xmag before is refering to the x-vavle system.