PDA

View Full Version : I am FILTHY RICH!!!!!!! WHAHOOOOOO!!!!

cphilip
03-16-2004, 07:20 PM
Just got the email!!!! Check it out!!!!

Date: Tue, March 16, 2004 6:02 pm

Priority: Normal

GREETING IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST. I AM MRS FATIMA NORA WILSON,

NOW MRS JOY AGBANI , A WIDOW TO LATE SHEIK MADU. I AM 61 YEARS OLD, I AM NOW A NEW CHRISTAIN CONVERT, SUFFERING FROM LONG TIME CANCER OF THE BREAST, FROM ALL INDICATION MY CONDITIONS IS REALLY DETERIORATING AND IT IS QUITE OBVIOUS THAT I WON’T LIVE MORE THAN SIX MONTHS, ACCORDING TO MY DOCTORS, THIS IS BECAUSE THE CANER STAGE HAS GOTTEN TO A VERY BAD STAGE. MY LATE HUSBAND KILLED DURING THE U.S. RAID AGAINST TERRORISM IN AFGHANISTAN, AND DURING THE PERIOD OF OUR MARRIAGE WE CULD’NT PRODUCE ANY CHILD.

MY LATE HUSBAND WAS VERY WEALTHY AND AFTER HIS DEATH, I INHERITED ALL HIS BUSINESS AND WEALTH. THE DOCTORS HAS ADVISED ME THAT I MAY NOT LIVE FOR MORE THAN SIX MONTHS, SO I NOW DECIDED TO DEVIDE THE PART OF THIS WEALTH, TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE CHURCH IN AFRICA, AMERICA ASIA, AND EUROPE. I SELECTED YOU AFTER VISITING THE WEBSITE AND I PRAYED OVER IT,. I AM WILLING TO DONATE THE SUM OF $12,000.000.00 MD U.S DOLLARS, TO THE LESS PRIVILEGED. PLEASE I WANT YOU TO NOTE THAT FUND IS LYING IN A SECURITY COMPANY AND UPON MY INSTRUCTION, MY ATTORNEY, WHO PRESENTLY IS IN AFRICA DISTRIBUTING RELIEF MATERIALS TO OF BOMBLAST IN SLERRA-LEONE, WILL FILE IN AN APPLICATION FOR THE TRANSFER OF THE MONEY IN YOUR NAME.

LASTLY, I HONESTLY PRAY THAT THIS MONEY WHEN TRANSFERRED WILL BE SURE FOR THE SAID PURPOSE, BECAUSE I HAVE COME TO FIND OUT THAT WEALTH ACQUISITION WITHOUT CHRIST IS VANITY. MAY THE GRACE OF OUR LORD JESUS THE LOVE OF GOD AND THE FELLOWSHIP OF GOD BE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY I AWAIT URGENT REPLY.

YOURFS IN CHRIST.

MRS JOY AGBANI

i like tictacs
03-16-2004, 07:23 PM
LOL or really cool

Can't decide.

cphilip
03-16-2004, 07:23 PM
How much is $12,000.000.00 MD U.S DOLLARS?

FreakBaller12
03-16-2004, 07:34 PM
12,000 dollars? i only see one comma and 2 periods. They are tricky!

argnot
03-16-2004, 07:35 PM
i guess spelling doesn't count on con emails.

cphilip
03-16-2004, 07:37 PM
Yea what really is sad about this one is the liberal use of Christianity in it. How dare they? I mean.... sheesh... how low will somone stoop.

Cryer
03-16-2004, 07:46 PM
I got one recently from some african dignitary claiming I was the only hope for him to reclaim his lost millions and hed reward me with like part of his kingdom or somethin...:confused: I dont know I deleted it like after the first sentence:rolleyes:

PyRo
03-16-2004, 07:52 PM
I'm confused, where does it ask for your bank account number or similar info?
God why cannot these scammers use spell check.

painball
03-16-2004, 07:57 PM
She sounds legit.

Bluestrike_2
03-16-2004, 07:59 PM
Because if scammers could use spell-check, they would'nt be stupid enough to scam people.

I hope they scam the wrong person, and get in major trouble.

RoadDawg
03-16-2004, 08:16 PM
I got one from an Egypt person the other day. Saying my last name was the last of their heir. Well funny thing is I'm an italian, mexican. :)

FutureMagOwner
03-16-2004, 08:25 PM
wanna give me 1,000.000.00 when you get that cphil?

painTech
03-16-2004, 08:37 PM
its a scam.

BobTheCow
03-16-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by PyRo
God why cannot these scammers use spell check. Yeah, as weird as it sounds, I can't actually figure out the scam part of all this... :confused:

And lol painTech, we'd all figured that out... ol' unka phil was just tryin' to pull a quick one on us. ;)

spazzed
03-16-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by painTech
its a scam.

Whatever gave you that idea? :p

FutureMagOwner
03-16-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by painTech
its a scam.

i know i was being sarcastic lol but hey remember if you do get it i want it :p

PyRo
03-16-2004, 10:03 PM
The scammer was too dumb to ask for the information :)

BobTheCow
03-16-2004, 10:05 PM
The scammer was too dumb to ask for the information :) It's on the honor code. :p

Steelrat
03-17-2004, 01:37 AM
Thats a variety on a common scam. Usually it has something to do with a lottery. At some point they ask for a bank account to transfer the money to. Thats when they clean you out. Usually the scheme involves some jibberish about needing to send the money to you because they cannot take it out in their home country for whatever reason. These kinds of scams are commonly knows as "Nigerian scams."

As a word of warning to everyone, I heard something rather disturbing from another paintballer today. His friend has some sort of Spyder AMG listed for $150 or so. Someone offered to buy it for $200, by sending a $3000 money order, having his friend keep $200, and sending the remaining money back to him. This was most definately a counterfeit money order. There are a variety of check and money order schemes that rely upon the "ringleaders" having people go deposit large checks into their bank accounts, then giving the money back to the ringleader in exchange for a cut of they money. They do this to insulate themselves from the actual negotiation of the check, which makes it more difficult for law enforcement to find them. If someone makes this offer to you, please say no. People are doing time in jail for participating in these schemes.

PyRo
03-17-2004, 01:43 AM
Its even more common with cars and people in other countries for much larger sums of money. The worst part is that if you fall for it, you can go to jail for depositing the false check. Go to www.fbi.com, or .gov whatever it is. They have an artical on this.

WicKeD_WaYz
03-17-2004, 02:14 AM
I got scammed once. Some kid in my school talked me into doing this pyramid thing with different levels. It costs $20 to join and you give it the the person in the pyramid ahead of you, and they give a percentage to the person ahead of them, or something like that. And eventually if enough people join below you, you can make a bunch of money I guess. The problem was nobody joined.:(

Paintball_4_Fun
03-17-2004, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Steelrat
Thats a variety on a common scam. Usually it has something to do with a lottery. At some point they ask for a bank account to transfer the money to. Thats when they clean you out. Usually the scheme involves some jibberish about needing to send the money to you because they cannot take it out in their home country for whatever reason. These kinds of scams are commonly knows as "Nigerian scams."

As a word of warning to everyone, I heard something rather disturbing from another paintballer today. His friend has some sort of Spyder AMG listed for $150 or so. Someone offered to buy it for $200, by sending a $3000 money order, having his friend keep $200, and sending the remaining money back to him. This was most definately a counterfeit money order. There are a variety of check and money order schemes that rely upon the "ringleaders" having people go deposit large checks into their bank accounts, then giving the money back to the ringleader in exchange for a cut of they money. They do this to insulate themselves from the actual negotiation of the check, which makes it more difficult for law enforcement to find them. If someone makes this offer to you, please say no. People are doing time in jail for participating in these schemes.

I played stupid once up to the part were they overnight fedexed me a counter fit Money order. i knew it was all B.S. but i made them pay out $53.00 bucks to fedex over night. heheh then i turned the M.O. in to the cops.

Me = One
Them = Zero & and 53 bucks in the whole. :p

cphilip
03-17-2004, 08:35 AM
God why cannot these scammers use spell check.

Thats a darn good question. I thought about that a while and I just finaly figured that since they did not say anything at all about contact that they figured you might think it was legitimate and hit the Reply button. If thats so then its a clever "leave off" of a typical scam set up to make you think twice about it being a scam? And then later after they see your replying they set up the scam further. Pretty clever I think... but... I dunno.

RamboPreacher
03-17-2004, 08:44 AM
HAY
I got that same exact email!
what gives! :D

cphilip
03-17-2004, 08:52 AM
LOL! meh.....

Guess I need to cancel that order on that new Harley Davidson eh?

:D

RamboPreacher
03-17-2004, 08:55 AM
maybe we could split it? could be we are the only ones, right?! heheeee

cphilip
03-17-2004, 09:27 AM
Suuuuurrrrrre!

What color do you like? ;)

RamboPreacher
03-17-2004, 05:33 PM
I like fucia, think I could get mine in fucia?

1stdeadeye
03-17-2004, 05:47 PM
Wow. This is an old scam. The way it usually works is that it is a corrupt gov't official in Africa. They basically ask you to launder money for them. Then then either ask for your account info or send you a cashier's check to deposit. If they have you info, ACH or counterfiet check fraud right away. The cashier's check comes with a caveat that you wore money back the next day to them. The catch is the cashier's check is no good and takes a week or so to bounce back to your bank and you are on the hookk for the money. Almost never works because bankers like me stop the wires!:D

UltimatePaintballer
03-17-2004, 05:48 PM
YOU IDIOT!!!!!!!!

you arn't going to do it?! give me her email address i want to get in on this, i call dibs. i can't believe you are not going to do this. i have my bank accoutnt # right here in my hand. once i get this money i will be laughing my head off at you people for not doing this when im playing paintball on my new field with my new gun and apparel...

:rolleyes:

RamboPreacher
03-17-2004, 05:53 PM
uhmmm - no. I get tehse daily. I am sure that cphilip understands that too. we are just having fun. oh, and thanks for the "compliment" on our intelligence level. :D

FalconGuy016
03-17-2004, 06:03 PM
Its probably just to get you to reply so they have an active account they can spam

RamboPreacher
03-17-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
Its probably just to get you to reply so they have an active account they can spam ACtually - they are not. there is typicaly one person sending these out to thousands, hoping to get one "mark" and "sting" them. it's a scam. I have actually had many email conversations with people that do these, as I "played along". it was fun to see how their emails changed as different topics came up.