PDA

View Full Version : Trigger stop question

tonybhall
03-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Hello everyone,

I am considering installing a trigger stop to limit the travel of my trigger after the marker fires. I wanted some expert opinions as to any possible problems it might cause.

I have an Custom ULE RT Pro with X-valve and level X and Blade Intelli and ULT. I am planning on installing an adjustable set screw to the back side of the trigger and adjusting it to stop the trigger just after the marker fires to cut out unnessesary travel to shorten my trigger pull.

Can anyone tell me if this will cause any problems? Is it nessecary for the trigger to travel all the way back to operate? One of my team mates has already done his and every once in a while his trigger rod does not pop back out. But, he just installed the ULT and I am thinking this might just be the ULT breaking in.

Thanks for any info
Bryan
Team Mag Daddies

DementedRabbit
03-17-2004, 12:28 AM
I have a feeling you're going to come across the same problem Mag and especially 'cocker owners have discovered time and time again- super short triggers are unreliable.

Sometimes short triggers aren't conducive to fast firing either.

Nofreetime
03-17-2004, 01:07 AM
I have the Logic frame which has fore and aft trigger stops. I set the backstop to stop the trigger right after the gun fires. I have been shooting it quite a bit and have had no problems.

Super short triggers may be unreliable, but you can still get shorter without getting unreliable. Hope that makes sense.

xen_100
03-18-2004, 06:53 PM
I added a trigger stop to my intelli. it is shorter than stock and works very reliably. the trick is to make it shorter, but not so short it is hard to use. it up'd my ROF considerable over the standard overpull that was there originally. I have had it that way for about a year and a half.

the only problem I have come across is that when you take off your valve you need to use a small pick or screwdriver to push the on/off all the way into the valve to get it out.(pushing the trigger rod in). With the trigger stop, it wont push it all the way in.

Eric Cartman
03-19-2004, 02:46 PM
My trigger stop has worked very well and I'm quite happy with it, but as xen_100 said, you'll probably have to push the trigger rod all the way in with something to get your valve to pop out. I just use a small allen key. It's definitely upped my ROF.

tonybhall
03-19-2004, 03:12 PM
Hey guys,

thanks a bunch. my trigger is being done this weekend and I hope to get my rail back from logic later in the week and be able to try it all out.

Thanks
Bryan
Team Mag Daddies

la690
04-09-2004, 12:16 PM
howd this turn out? im interested in doing it too.

tonybhall
04-11-2004, 07:09 AM
Hey LA690,

We put a set screw in the trigger that is adjustable with an allen wrench. I works pretty good as I was able to cut out abuot half of the trigger travel after it fires. I was not able to cut it all out because it became way to easy to short stroke. I dont know why but it seems that the trigger needs to travel a little past the firing position. Also, since the trigger stop limits the travel, when I take the gun apart I have to use something to push the trigger rod all the way in so that the on off pin is completly depressed. Otherwise it catches on the body and will not allow the valve to come out. I am still working on fine tuning it. I am considering adjusting my trigger rod out just a tad. I'll let you know how that goes it I do it.

la690
04-11-2004, 04:15 PM
what size set screw did you use?