PDA

View Full Version : ..My bolt is sticking...

robkenny
09-26-2001, 09:13 AM
Ok..

So with some playing with the gun, I noticed that I am not short stroking the trigger... As I lay into my shots, I am noticing that once in a while the bolt is sticking, hisses, and then finally returns back to the inital position.. This is why i'm chopping the balls (which made it look like i was short stroking..).. It doesn't do it all the time... Sometimes if I lay out a string of shots it may, but i've had it do it just one at a time.. has anyone seen this problem?

Thanks,
Rob

Gunga
09-26-2001, 09:15 AM
The only time my bolt sticks forward/open is when I've busted a barrel nubbin and gotten it sandwiched between the bolt and the barrel.

DRAGONSLAYER
09-26-2001, 11:47 AM
Are you using a ANS bolt? Mine would stick,too, so I got a powertube spacer kit and that fixed it for a while. Then it started leaking down the barrel, I put the AGD bolt back in and have had no more trouble with leaks or boltstick. The more I read the posts and I see why so many say "if it don't say AGD on it,don't use it."
:p

MAGSRULE
09-26-2001, 11:52 AM
you might need some adjusment spacers

Whisper
09-26-2001, 12:45 PM
If I am understanding you correctly, I had the same problem when I first got my gun, and it is a problem with your PT spacer. You want to make sure that there is a crisp seal when the bolt is all the way into the power tube, if it can slide out easily you need a better spacer. Hope this helps.

robkenny
09-26-2001, 01:48 PM
Well the bolt is stock I believe and the seals just got replaced recently (right before I got the gun). I may just send the gun in to AGD and have then fix it - why mess around with it, ya know? I figure if I send it in now, I should have it back by the 21st... (Fall Brawl in MA)..

Thanks for the help!
Rob

Whisper
09-27-2001, 12:07 AM
I dunno about sending it back to AGD, it's like $40 plus sh compared to $15 at the most for a spacer kit. Just an option, if you're not confident in what you're doing by all means send it to AGD.
Also, what when and where is the Fall Brawl? I live in Western Mass. and I really want to get into tourneys, or at least get out to some events. Any info would be cool.

robkenny
09-27-2001, 06:17 AM
Yea..

I mean I am comfortable with tearing it down - thats not a problem.. I guess I can try the spacer kit, doesn't hurt right?

Fall Brawl:

Oct 21st... Paintball Heaven in Bridgewater, MA... Big Game Scenario, game starts at 9am... 25 field entry, free rentals (Spyder, 300rnds, equipment)..

Rob

DRAGONSLAYER
09-27-2001, 06:59 AM
robkenny-Puttin' in the PT spacer is simple, give it a try before you send it in. :)

robkenny
09-27-2001, 07:43 AM
oh i know.. i am just not sure if thats what it is... if the spacer wasn't right, wouldn't it do it every time?

DRAGONSLAYER
09-27-2001, 07:48 AM
Don't get me to lying to on that one! But, did you check that the bolt is not making contact with the nubin? Mine did that and it took us a while to notice it. My nubin was moving and when you would fire it would wedge the bolt. I just put in a new nubin and bent the end that fits on the barrel, not the end that actually touches the ball.:)