PDA

View Full Version : B2k4 w/ PDS V SS Cocker Looking for an E backup to the RTP

GT
03-17-2004, 07:47 AM
Sometimes its nice to have an electro around and since vikings have about priced themselves out of the market....

I am looking at 2 guns roughly the same price a b2k4 w. pds and a Super Stock cocker(stock cocker with eblade). In anycase for those of you that have had a bushmaster

what kind of performance can i expect?

Is it an ungodly crappy gun that is going to need a bunch of "upgrades"?

If so do any of the upgrades actually improve performance?

Were there any issues, no matter how small, with relibility?

Aliens-8-MyDad
03-17-2004, 08:11 AM
im not for sure, but i dont think u can run a stock cocker with e-blade well without QEV's and a better ram... but dont hold me to it man.

rkjunior303
03-17-2004, 09:02 AM
I would pick up an Omen w/ a PDP chip -- 25bps! -- and the Cam feed doesn't chop..

*edit* sorry to jump on the thread with this comment because I haven't used either of the markers you mentioned :)

Digits
03-17-2004, 10:06 AM
b2k4.. Cockers suck

soccer4minimags
03-17-2004, 10:13 AM
get the super stock cocker. And yes those pnues will be fine. I run a worr blade on my cocker and I couldn't be happier with it.

soccer4minimags
03-17-2004, 10:22 AM
on your questions, the only thing a ss would need is a barrel and some sort of air set up. This is assuming your using a fast loader. But it comes with the eyes already installed if you want them, if not you can override it(I don't use the eye).
At first you're not going to need any major upgrades that will make a significant improvement in performance. The stock pnues are supposed to keep up pretty well to at least 15bps.
Performance to expect. Well the trigger on e/worr blades is completely adjustable. Its a magnetic trigger, it breaks a beam not a micro switch, so it can be very very light. So you can make it feel however you want. The cocker I'd say is pretty reliable, as long as you take care of your equipment right. People make it seem like you constantly have to adjust them, not true. With mine once it was adjusted right it stayed that way unless I MESSED WITH IT. Same now that it has the worr blade. But since everything in the timing is controlled electronically, if you get it too out of whack, just go back to factory settings and start over.

EDIT ask me any questions you got on the cocker, but I have never shot a b2k4 just a bko, and that guns a nightmare.

Jackel411
03-17-2004, 10:32 AM
Personally...

Bushy all the way..

Ive had mine for a good 6 months now ( 2k3 pds ) and I love it to death..

First upgrades Id recomend though. Barrel kit.. and a halo.

They dont need much else..

After I got my PDS I still questioned why I got rid of my Eclipse bushy infavor for an Ir3..

hobbesTZ
03-17-2004, 12:52 PM
You sure you don't want an Angel LCD? You can get them for $400+ used, and adding the eye will put it in your price range.

GT
03-17-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by hobbesTZ
You sure you don't want an Angel LCD? You can get them for $400+ used, and adding the eye will put it in your price range.

I have given it a thought, however a new B2K4 w/ pds is 520. you just cant beat the price of a new gun v a used one.

Torbo
03-17-2004, 02:59 PM
i have found that the lpr on bushys is very un-reliable. Obvoiusly this is not the case for all, but at our shop we have had so many come in with that problem. I dont like the way the trigger feels also, to me there is way to much play, and it feels floppy.

The SS will work nicely. Upgrades would obvoiusly be a barrel kit, quite important, because its closed bolt. A lighter bolt might do well, but it will work fine without it

Matt1427
03-17-2004, 03:52 PM
where can you find this ss cocker?

Jon/xpm
03-17-2004, 04:32 PM
gtrsi-i have a omen in my hands
talk to me on aim mesg...

68magOwner
03-17-2004, 04:57 PM
omens are glorified blowbacks, not that blowbacks are terrible, but the omen IMHO is way overpriced for one. you may want to look into an imp (yes, i know, the sp devil gun) they really rip, and are easy to maintain, mine cost less, and in mine, and his opinion, out performs his timmy.

GT
03-17-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Matt1427
where can you find this ss cocker?

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/paintball-guns-worrgames-paintball-guns-worrgames-superstock-autocockers.html

sorry guys no SP guns for me....

UltimatePaintballer
03-17-2004, 07:29 PM
get a super stock cocker and then upgrade the beast little by little until you get one beastly gun!

hobbesTZ
03-17-2004, 09:19 PM
If you go with the e-cocker you'll definately want a delrin bolt. I had a stock 2k3 'cocker (aluminum bolt) w/ an eblade, and it had some wicked kick when you started to rapid fire even a little. That's not why I got rid of it though (too much $$!)

It should also be noted that Bushmaster resale isn't all that grand, and most Bushy owners say that their inline regulator sucks. If it came down to cash then the Bushy would be a no brainer, they look great while performing just like most anything else.

Timmee
03-17-2004, 09:20 PM
I've currently got a BM2K and a BKO, and I love my BM2K (bought the BKO non-functional, and I still haven't had the chance to finish it). I used my BM2K at AO NE (sometimes referred to as the AO Hurricane Day), and at Spplat Attack II, and it never gave me any problems. I've got a Gator trigger (although I also have an Eclipse blade trigger), vapor wiring harness, MacDev delrin detent, freak barrel, gutted hpr, 114/4500 Maxflo, and a Chaos chip on it. The only things I'm considering doing to it are: Vapor mods, Micro-Rock conversion, and maybe an Angel frame transplant.

My BKO has a Zenitram front block, Palmer Micro-Rock, Chaos chip, freak barrel, and vertical Max-Flo. Items I'm planning on ordering for it are: a vapor harness, ram with the SP mod (ShootPaint, not Smart Parts), larger air chamber, and a better valve.

The only real weakness I can see in these markers is the wiring harness. The regs are ok, but some people don't like them (my BM2K's HPR was gutted when I got it, and the BKO didn't come with a HPR, and the LPR was missing parts, which is why I replaced them). All the other mods I did to mine is either personal preference, or replacement of missing parts with aftermarket ones.

hobbesTZ
03-17-2004, 09:23 PM
Also, the B2k3 w/ PDS are $520 if you can still find one. The B2K4 (differant reg. design, 'cocker threading) costs more like $600 something due to the Smart Parts stuff.

GT
03-17-2004, 09:35 PM
Also, the B2k3 w/ PDS are $520 if you can still find one. The B2K4 (differant reg. design, 'cocker threading) costs more like $600 something due to the Smart Parts stuff.

http://www.shootpaint.com/pd1082346831.htm?defaultVariants=search0_EQ_Black/Blue_AND_{EOL}&categoryId=17

hobbesTZ
03-17-2004, 10:05 PM
Unless the B2k's are getting a universal price drop due to the new ICD marker, that price can't be right. It's probably just a speculation since that's what the last B2ks cost.

soccer4minimags
03-17-2004, 11:26 PM
another thing for the bushy GT, the new ones are now coming cocker threaded. I'm also pretty sure that they cost more than that too, look at action village for the 2k4's

But, I'd still look towards the super stock you won't be dissapointed there.

GT
03-18-2004, 07:56 AM
thanks for all the input guys. My two big needs are light and cheap. I am still looking at BKO's with the SP mod. Also since the new '04 cockers are out I would assume that the '03 SS cockers would be on sale soon.

final note: word on the street is that the OTB advent maybe on sale sometime in june....

Crighton
03-18-2004, 09:05 AM
I've got an 04 Bushmaster black/blue w. PDS. I've also shot a worr SS.

Out of the two I would take the bushy. The 04's are cocker threaded, come with a better HPR than the 03's and the 4 position adjustable trigger the 03's had. The 02's and earlier had a fairly sloppy trigger. The pull on my 04 is extremely short and light 1-1.5mm. The side to side slop in the trigger would be comparable to the intelli frame. The stock board is capped at 36bps.

Upgrades needed off the bat for the 04. Not much other than a loader and a barrel, drop, and nitro. About the only thing I want done would be a vaporworks quick release wiring harness.

Why the 04 over the SS. The 04 had much less kick, it needed less upgrades, and it felt lighter. I was able to rip on the 04 faster and more accuratly. With the SS I was constantly adjusting my 3-5 shots for some reason.

But of course it's all a matter of opinion. Both are going to be massive paint slingers.

Crighton
03-18-2004, 09:07 AM
Unless the B2k's are getting a universal price drop due to the new ICD marker, that price can't be right. It's probably just a speculation since that's what the last B2ks cost.

520 is the listed price at shootpaint.com for the 04 w. pds. Slow service but he does deliver for that price.

BTW Shorepaintballsupply.com has them for 570. The wait time is MUCH shorter, and still cheaper than AV.

rkjunior303
03-18-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by 68magOwner
omens are glorified blowbacks, not that blowbacks are terrible, but the omen IMHO is way overpriced for one. you may want to look into an imp (yes, i know, the sp devil gun) they really rip, and are easy to maintain, mine cost less, and in mine, and his opinion, out performs his timmy.

I picked up my omen used at PBN for $375, which had the $60 PDP chip already installed. The chip bumps the cap up to 25bps from 15 and allows you to adjust the rate of fire settings along with bounce from 1-50... The thing RIPS. The marker also has a cam feed system, which is their version of a manual anti-chop. Once it's set, the marker WILL NOT CHOP unless you get a barrel break.

GT
03-18-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Crighton
I've got an 04 Bushmaster black/blue w. PDS. I've also shot a worr SS.

Out of the two I would take the bushy. The 04's are cocker threaded, come with a better HPR than the 03's and the 4 position adjustable trigger the 03's had. The 02's and earlier had a fairly sloppy trigger. The pull on my 04 is extremely short and light 1-1.5mm. The side to side slop in the trigger would be comparable to the intelli frame. The stock board is capped at 36bps.

Upgrades needed off the bat for the 04. Not much other than a loader and a barrel, drop, and nitro. About the only thing I want done would be a vaporworks quick release wiring harness.

Why the 04 over the SS. The 04 had much less kick, it needed less upgrades, and it felt lighter. I was able to rip on the 04 faster and more accuratly. With the SS I was constantly adjusting my 3-5 shots for some reason.

But of course it's all a matter of opinion. Both are going to be massive paint slingers.

Thats the insite i was looking for. Good Post!