PDA

View Full Version : Warp+Revvy running off E-mag Battery...?

Chef123161
09-26-2001, 10:44 AM
Has anyone run both at the same time? I already run the revvy off the E-Mag but I just got my warp and want to run both off of it at the same time. One more thing, a voltage regulator is necessary to bring down the 18v current to something like 8-12 correct? Thanks in advance.

Chef123161
09-27-2001, 12:32 PM
Up

KamikazePenguin
09-27-2001, 06:03 PM
there's no reason it shouldn't work, but you are correct in needing a transformer, the warp motor is only built to handle 12V, 18V would burn it out in a short time.

donggie
09-27-2001, 06:40 PM
But I would probably not advise it unless you were better than me with the electronics thing. although my hookup was correct and I used a 12v dc regulator to reduce voltage to warp to 12v, my warp board in teh warp smoked, turned red hot and died a guesome death while I was fixing it on the phone with a good friend. AGD was good enough to help me out as usual and I am up and running again. But although I run the revvy off of the Emag battery, I have vowed not to muss around with the Warp again... Or until I can find a safer way of regulating the voltage down to 9v and no more than that. It doesn't need it. No reason to give it more. Mine works beautifully on 9 volts. Just wish it ran off the Emag battery coz batteries get expensive and at some point, unreliable. Anyway, good luck on your project. The many posts here outline how to do it correctly. Just play it safe and take no unnecessary chances. I'm lucky I burnt out the warp board and nothing else... like the Emag.

Don