PDA

View Full Version : Yet another "what gun to get" thread....

C_22
03-17-2004, 12:14 PM
Okay AO’ers, I’m kinda undecided as to what new gun to get. I currently own both an X-Mag, which I’m very happy with and quite frankly doubt I’ll ever think of selling it and on the other had I have a Black Storm timmy which I’m extremely unhappy with (chops, shootdowns from time to time, and absolutely hate it’s internal assembly) plus I never got along with the damn thing anyways. Soooo I’m selling my timmy after my bro gives it some maintenance. Now, since the money is there anyway after I sell the timmy I was thinking to buy another gun (why not?). So my final candidates are:

DM3: great gun at a great price even if it reminds me of a brick.

DM4: great gun and great shape + weight yet not cheap plus I’m not really fond of it’s Tim Burton’s Batman looks, but hey our team’s pants still look uglier.

A4 FLY: I owned and Angel eons ago and was very happy with it too. Angel is also a bit pricy but it’s a well build machine IMHO.

Any suggestions?

03-17-2004, 12:17 PM
DM3 + Tadao v.4 + Evolve Bolt. :D

Cheaper than all those you mentioned plus performs better for less money. :D

robdamanii
03-17-2004, 12:18 PM
A4 fly. Just...yeah. From what I've read, they are incredible. Based on the A4 which (no, it's not hype) is quite light, which impressed the hell out of me (the speed is a bit heavy after toting around a ULE mag, and the A4 was I'd say at least comparable with a comparable tank/revvy setup). And the A4 is a very nice shooting marker.

WDP has finally gotten the last part of the puzzle right with the A4 fly, IMHO.

No sKiLLz
03-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by 127.0.0.1
DM3 + Tadao v.4 + Evolve Bolt. :D

Cheaper than all those you mentioned plus performs better for less money. :D

Cheapest would probably be a Gen-E LED and then build it from there. The breach is only $150 and you can get a nicer LPR instead of having to do a swap.

I am actually going to say the DM4 because there is a list of goodies in the works for it and if you watched any vids of the LA open and watched Trauma cornhole NYX, you can see how fast both teams were shooting solid ropes of paint with their DM4's.

03-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz

I am actually going to say the DM4 because there is a list of goodies in the works for it and if you watched any vids of the LA open and watched Trauma cornhole NYX, you can see how fast both teams were shooting solid ropes of paint with their DM4's.

Hmm... Ramping boards, anyone? ;)

No sKiLLz
03-17-2004, 07:39 PM

Hmm... Ramping boards, anyone? ;)

OIC. Then don't get one since this guy says the board ramps. He's an expert on the DM4 and has personally tested the boards on the DM4 and found them to be "ramping" boards. In fact, he INVENTED the term "ramping".:rolleyes:

Buy whatever feels good to you, but one thing you should never do: spew inaccurate speculative information that you "heard somewhere".

03-17-2004, 08:42 PM
DM4 stock boards that you can buy does not ramp.

DM4 boards for DYE sponsored teams does ramp.

I know this for a fact since I've seen this. A lot of teams (Dynasty anyone?) also uses ramping boards.

Crimson_Turkey
03-17-2004, 08:54 PM
Personally I would get a cocker from Eclipse. Thier nexus cockers are absolutly incredible. It really is the x-mag of cockers, but they are not discontinued and they are in stock.

C_22
03-17-2004, 08:57 PM
Cocker... I resperct them, but I'm anti-cocker :p

Crimson_Turkey
03-17-2004, 09:02 PM
I'm anti mech cocker, they dont work.

No sKiLLz
03-17-2004, 09:39 PM
DM4 stock boards that you can buy does not ramp.

DM4 boards for DYE sponsored teams does ramp.

I know this for a fact since I've seen this. A lot of teams (Dynasty anyone?) also uses ramping boards.

OIC. You've seen it. You've actually seen the gun ramp. And all DYE sponsored treams have these guns that ramp. Where do I begin with you?

Let's start with your first point. If stock boards don't ramp, than why would you say "ramp anyone?" when someone suggests buying one? Did he say he was interested in buying a DYE sponsored team gun? No. Does he have access to a DYE sponsored team DM4? No. They are being used by no other than DYE sponsored teams. By stating stock boards don't ramp you just admitted to making an irrelevant comment.

Now you say DYE sponsored DM4 boards ramp, and that you've seen it with your own eyes. Tell us, just what do ramping boards do? I mean, since you're eye is so good that you don't have to actually be holding the gun and shooting it to tell, what should we look for? Since you can spot ramping by sight only from a spectators stand, why don't you train refs to spot ramping? Answer: because you can't.

You have absolutely no evidence to support your claims, and to try to make a snide remark about a marker you will never have the pleasure of touching just shows that you are a bitter and spiteful peasant. And since you are a peasant, I don't hate you, I pity you. But from now on you may only speak when spoken to, and lower your eyes when you are in the presence of the DM4.

No sKiLLz
03-17-2004, 09:44 PM
As far as Dynasty cheating, what's the point of a board that ramps if you're feeding it with one of these?
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/psp/2004/la/gallery/IMG4316.jpg