PDA

View Full Version : ULT & Emag - anyone ever try it?

cledford
03-17-2004, 08:49 PM
Just wondering if anyone ever played around with this - I know the rumor (fact?!?) was that the ULT might not have enough force to reset the weight of the Emag linkage, sear and 'noid plunger fast enough. Anyone ever try it?

-Calvin

RRfireblade
03-17-2004, 09:16 PM
No.

Didn't really see any reason to.

cledford
03-17-2004, 09:28 PM
I've got 2 mags, a ULT (built on my old stainless Emag valve) and my Emag which was upgraded to an X valve. I'd like to be able to use the Xvalve in either - just dropping it into the "chassis" I feel like playing with on any given day. I guess it wouldn't require anything more then an on/off swap in the event that the ULT didn't work in the Emag - but it would be much nicer to just be able to swap back and forth with no extra work or parts swapping.

-Calvin

tjmpaintball06
03-17-2004, 09:59 PM
The emag in my opinion works just fine the way it is :) I dont find any reason to tinker with the ULT. But if u want to, more power to you.

RingOfScale
03-18-2004, 12:36 AM
tjmpaintball06:

i could be mistaken, but i dont think you get what he means.

he doesnt want to use the ULT in his gun to have any performance bonuses, he was just wondering if it would work fine so that he could swap his better valve and stuff aruond into whatever gun he was using that day

-RingOfScale

Head knight of Ni
03-18-2004, 01:38 AM
The ult will work with the E-Mag and x-Mag but it is not suggested because the ult will slow down the 'noid causing slower than normal rates of fire.Its suggested for the Xvalve and aluminum RT pro valves.

-directly from PBnation magazine

Evil1
03-18-2004, 02:35 AM
Also, the noid in an emag might beat the crap out of or bend that little on/off pin in the ULT.

GoatBoy
03-18-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by AGDFlash
Also, the noid in an emag might beat the crap out of or bend that little on/off pin in the ULT.

Really?

edweird
03-18-2004, 03:26 AM
yeah really... why ya think AGD decided that due to the SP situation this was an ideal time to take down the current design for future innovation?

with a lighter solenoid+ULT+lvl10 bolt im most certain that you will see a sweet new Egrip from AGD after this Sp stupidity blows over.

Head knight of Ni
03-18-2004, 03:57 AM
Great insight. This whole patent issue is just a black eye for SP though.:) Look for AGD to come out strong with new ideas and products.

as a little side note does anyone know where I can get some shims to put between my on-off to boost trigger ractivity. Low prices if possible.:D