PDA

View Full Version : Dye Sticky 3 Grip Question

gdog441
03-17-2004, 09:21 PM
I've been thinking about getting them, but on alot of the reviews people say they rip on the back. A few said that dye fixed this problem, and they dont rip any more. I have an intelliframe, was wondering if anyone has sticky 3s on an intelliframe and could tell me how they worked. Thanks.

hobbesTZ
03-17-2004, 09:25 PM
An intelliframe is the same as any other 45 frame. They would fit just fine.

(I happen to have an almost new black 2k3 sticky grip for sale. I bought it for my Impulse which I traded almost immediately after, and I can't use them on an Angel LCD)

Blennidae
03-17-2004, 09:27 PM
The old ones ripped. The new ones don't. You can tell the difference by the color of the "clear" area of the mounting frame, and the texture of the rubber.

The new ones the "clear" area is sort of milky, not perfectly clear. The rubber on the new colored ones has sort of a "dust" finish to them.

I hope that helps.

rtslave
03-18-2004, 12:30 AM
I have them on my Intelly, they ripped. They were prob. the older ones, they're over a year old. I don't think intellys are exactly like all other 45 frames, I heard they are a little bigger/thicker. I cut the back out of mine soon as It started to rip, and it works and looks great.

evilhomer
03-18-2004, 12:56 AM
I hate the color on the Sticky 3's... The "red" is more of a brown color...

Blennidae
03-18-2004, 01:03 AM
For the record, I had the original version of the sticky 3's on my intelliframe and they ripped. After informing DYE and waiting something like 7 months, I finally got the replacements. They have been on that same intelliframe for months now with no sign of ripping.

I will agree with evilhomer, the red of the new ones is not as red as it could be. I'm considering changing back to the old Dye stickys.

Evil1
03-18-2004, 02:40 AM
I have the blue dye stickie on my 2k3 shocker and it is alright, it just seems to attract dirt. They have not ripped though.

robdamanii
03-18-2004, 10:33 AM
I've got smoke 2k3s on my telli, and they've worked just fine since I've gotten them.

rtpro28
03-18-2004, 12:52 PM
i have the smoke on my nickel intelli and i cut the back out and i think they look alot better, now you can see some of the frame and still have great grip on your trigger frame.

RT pRo AuToMaG
03-18-2004, 05:55 PM
I have grey Matrix stickies on my matrix and they feel great! I also had a set of blue stickies on my toxic imp when I had it, and the backpiece never came off.