PDA

View Full Version : Console Wars...

Flamebo
09-26-2001, 02:32 PM
I've hated these damn things since the NES. I've ALWAYS only had the "winning" system between them, but now I think I'm screwed. I avoided the Dreamcast flop, and I was ever so glad when they ported RE:CV to the PS2, but now GameCube has all rights to the RE series?!? I was gonna buy a PS2 when GC came out and the price dropped, but now what am I gonna do?

zvanut
09-26-2001, 04:30 PM
i would say X-box, but get a game cube, they arent to bad

Xzion
09-26-2001, 05:27 PM
I just buy all the systems, I started doing this several years ago, when an awsome new game came out, but dag nabbet, it was for a system I didnt own, so, I started buying all the big ones, my Nintendo, N64, and Dreamcast are all sitting side by side, and I love em all, defently going to get a Game Cube, though I doubt it will replace my N64 completely, not at first.... seeing how my N64 STILL and dont think anything ever will replace my SNES... As for the X-Box, im going to wait a year or so to buy one, mainly because of the first rule of buying microsoft: 'Never buy version 1.0'. And its about time Nintendo whent to CD based games... cartreges died A LOOOONG time ago... though I've heard that Nintendo isnt going to take part in the whole 'Online Gaming' aspect, as they feel they dont need to, because Nintendo feels games are meant to be enjoyed by family and friends or somethign stupid like that.... thats what ive heard at anyrate, so dont take anything as gospal quite yet, im sure GC will be a great system.

FeelTheRT
09-26-2001, 08:52 PM
it's all about the Xbox even though i hate console games.

Computer games rule all :)

bornl33t
09-27-2001, 03:44 AM
just use you're trusty oll PC it'll smoke any console out there....

just DL the lastes emulator and ou can instantly play and game for that system.... sometime it will take a few weeks, but hey 4 weeks beats 300$ anyday.

Restola
09-27-2001, 07:48 AM
i lost my interest in concole games when i bought a decent pc.

it was just $1,400. just look at all the money i saved....

~Backdraft~
09-27-2001, 12:52 PM
I have a Playstation 2 and I love it...cant wait till the modem comes out! Haven't really looked into the game cube...but the Xbox does look pretty sweet.

FeelTheRT
09-27-2001, 04:38 PM
Tbird 1.4 w/mobo -150
overclock -pricless :)
GeForce2 Ultra 64mb -150
Watercooling -200
256 MB DDR RAM -50
MS Optical Mouse -30
MS Natral KB -20
8x CDRW -50 (for getting games for free :))
Creative Live -40
nice speakers -200
DSL- 40-100 per month

All this is top of the line stuff and will stay good-decent for about two years :)

MajorDamage
09-28-2001, 07:12 PM
XBox is made by Microcrap. It'll suck! All the games will be like "The Misadventures of Bill Gates!" and "Find the bugs in our products!(For children ages 10 months to 1)" and stuff. I say GAME CUBE! Nintendo always is the best! DO THE MARIO! PIZZA PIE! MAMMA MIA!

ENDO!

prikkaboo
09-29-2001, 04:05 AM
hey feelthert, how'd you get your mobo and vid card so cheap? i need to look into a new vid card. thanks

Tiny
09-29-2001, 08:16 AM
Heat

You can also download the games you want so you don't need to buy them either.

Of coarse that would be breaking copy right laws and none of us would do that!

Paintball_Foo
10-01-2001, 09:00 PM
I currently own:
The Old School Nintendo
Sega Genisis with Sega /CD
(2) Nintendo 64's, (dont ask why 2 )
Ps one
Ps 2
Gameboy advanced
Sega Game Gear (better than advanced by far)
and one kick arse computer....:)

Deadpool3
10-04-2001, 03:25 PM
The only reason X-Box is gonna be in the "wars" is cause of all the money behind the system. IMO I dont think X-box will do as good as cube and ps2. I believe Nintendo will reign supreme when its all said and done.

Cro§§ƒire
10-04-2001, 06:57 PM
hehehe you guys have time for ps2 I just play paintball and bass ;)

X-Plosive
10-06-2001, 12:37 AM
ummmm okay. Whats so great about the X-Box? Everyone wants to buy a console that now has the capablity of crashing? It crashed when they were showcasing it, come on that has to give you some sign........... I haven't really been researching it or anything but I ran into an article that talked about it.