PDA

View Full Version : cocker frames on mags?

jeffremiller
03-18-2004, 12:41 PM
I understand that the early frames were interchangable. So how much work would it take to put a modern cocker frame on a mag?

J_

ThisIsTheLongestUserName.
03-18-2004, 04:34 PM
Whats the point with all the great frames out now? Intelli, Y, Z(if your lucky),Logic ect...

Vanced
03-18-2004, 04:54 PM
If I am not mistaken (I think I read it a year ago or something) the new PTP Frame the Medusa is going to be interchangeable between Mags & Cockers... So they must have something in mind to handle the flip-flop between the two...

Might give you a place to start ?

jeffremiller
03-18-2004, 04:58 PM
Everyone has an intelliframe, I had a Z grip, I've tried the Y and I'm selling a logic at the moment.

The medusa is interesting...

I guess I'm a grip whore :)

Looking for something "different"

J_

Vanced
03-18-2004, 05:08 PM
Yeah the Medusa seems interesting... I was actually on the phone with PTP about a week or two ago and asked about it and all they could say is soon they are working some of the final bugs out...

I know there are at least a few of the proto types out and about, but I haven't heard any real reviews. And I actually seen one up for sale a little while back in our very on AO Misc Gear forum .... if nothing else you could ask the seller or the buyer some questions or opinions... or even offer to buy it.. *shrugs*

EDIT: Added link to the frame I mentioned in the Misc Gear Forum... And the guy did mention he was looking for logic maybe you can cut a deal? With my 10% finders fee of course... ;)

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126175

xen_100
03-18-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by jeffremiller
I understand that the early frames were interchangable. So how much work would it take to put a modern cocker frame on a mag?

J_
this is true. still is true. the mounting holes on a cocker and a mag are the same. in the internal works of the rest of the grip are different. but if you know what you are doing, you could mod a cocker grip frame to work on a mag. (why you would want to do this is another subject)

barrel break
03-22-2004, 10:08 PM
well, I want to put a logic frame on my cocker, is this possible? if so, how would i go about it?

jeffremiller
03-23-2004, 06:57 AM
mag to cocker would be a bit different obviously... but first off, you would need some holes for the trigger linkage to the 3 way. and you would need to get the sear and all stuffed in there. The logic may not have enough metal inside to hold the sear and springs etc... it's really open on the inside.

Interesting, hadn't looked at it from that direction.

J_

temps
03-23-2004, 08:48 AM
Here is a link to a guy who put a dye swing cocker frame on his mag. You can ask him he can give you details into doing it.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128414